Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2022 NBA Draft Thread

Season Ticket Holder
    For what it's worth, Kevin O'Connor of the Ringer (he LOVES the Pels) posted his final mock

1. Jabari
    2. Chet
    3. Paolo
    4. Ivey
    5. Mathurin
    6. Murray
    7. Daniels
    8. Dieng
    9. Sharpe
    10. Davis

"Dieng is one of the biggest risers in this draft as a smooth 6-foot-10 shot-creator who oozes upside. Though he is raw as a scorer, the Pelicans don’t need anything right now. They can take a chance on a playmaking dude with size who flashed excellent defensive versatility as a teenager. New Orleans is filled up across the roster as long as Zion Williamson stays healthy. What the team should want is another star. With size, scoring, a will to pass, and potential defensive versatility, Dieng could become the steal of the draft."

Fully prepared for Daniels @ 7

Dieng @ 8 is terrible too

I prefer to keep Hayes and trade Graham, Temple and maybe Marshall at the 2023 trade deadline. Hayes, Nance, maybe a prospect or future FA big will absorb Valanciunas' minutes after he's traded at the 2024 trade deadline. And if he's traded for a center, factor in too.

Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    For what it's worth, Kevin O'Connor of the Ringer (he LOVES the Pels) posted his final mock

1. Jabari
    2. Chet
    3. Paolo
    4. Ivey
    5. Mathurin
    6. Murray
    7. Daniels
    8. Dieng
    9. Sharpe
    10. Davis

Worst case scenario for me.
    Yeah, most in the league feel the top 6 is set in some order. The #7 pick will determine everything for us. I think Blazers would prefer OG, and are considering Collins too. If its neither, I think they keep the pick and go Sharpe. Basically, unless they trade the pick to Atlanta, I think Daniels is sitting there for us at 8. If Daniels goes 7, its trade down or Dieng for us. Here's hoping for a wild curveball in the top 6. Only one I have heard is that Pacers really like Johnny Davis
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Only one I have heard is that Pacers really like Johnny Davis
    Fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post

1. Jabari
    2. Chet
    3. Paolo
    4. Ivey
    5. Mathurin
    6. Murray
    7. Daniels
    8. Dieng
    9. Sharpe
    10. Davis

"Dieng is one of the biggest risers in this draft as a smooth 6-foot-10 shot-creator who oozes upside. Though he is raw as a scorer, the Pelicans don’t need anything right now. They can take a chance on a playmaking dude with size who flashed excellent defensive versatility as a teenager. New Orleans is filled up across the roster as long as Zion Williamson stays healthy. What the team should want is another star. With size, scoring, a will to pass, and potential defensive versatility, Dieng could become the steal of the draft."
    Sharpe, Daniels, Dieng or Sochan at 8.

I just really wonder where people think Dieng is getting the required on-ball reps to meet his on-paper upside on the Pelicans. If you draft him I feel like you have to be committed to just sending him to the D League for 2 years.

Also sceptical bout that defense on him so far. He's hardly screamed defensive star pre-NBA.

For what it's worth, I do like Dieng. I just like him a hell of a lot more at like, 12-15 range instead of 5-10 range.
    Basketball.

If Duren ends up falling outside of the lottery that's going to be a huge value pickup for someone. Same with Griffin, who I still buy into for an upside bet.

Also lmao at Woj just straight up tweeting the first three picks of the draft as ''firm'' now, hours and hours before the draft itself. No surprises there because we've been hearing about those as the probably picks for ages but still

Watch Grif. Pick someone projected in second round.

Fool y ‘all all

Signed,

Mickey Loomis

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Also lmao at Woj just straight up tweeting the first three picks of the draft as ''firm'' now, hours and hours before the draft itself. No surprises there because we've been hearing about those as the probably picks for ages but still
    Yeah, the annual game between he and Shams to see who can spoil a pick first is ridiculous.

I just really wonder where people think Dieng is getting the required on-ball reps to meet his on-paper upside on the Pelicans. If you draft him I feel like you have to be committed to just sending him to the D League for 2 years.

Also sceptical bout that defense on him so far. He's hardly screamed defensive star pre-NBA.

For what it's worth, I do like Dieng. I just like him a hell of a lot more at like, 12-15 range instead of 5-10 range.
    I think their plan is heavy G League and practice with the team. To Dieng's credit, he wasnt getting a ton of reps this past season because he was struggling so much early, but he kept grinding and grinding on his own and in practice and made a huge leap by the end of the year.

Pels have a lot of people working in New Zealand that they trust and the reports they got back on the kid is that the work ethic, humility, etc is off the charts. Whatever his ceiling is, he will reach or come darn close. The debate is on what that ceiling is. I see more Parsons or Batum, while I think the more optimistic Pels people see Ingram, or this is wild, but one said "taller Harden without the drama"

If Blazers take Sharpe and Daniels was on the board, but Raps wanted to leap ahead of Spurs and take Sochan, would you guys do:

Hayes, Temple, 8 for OG?

Just like you said about JAX in 2019, huh? Oh, wait, you didn't say JAX should be sent to Erie; I did.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    If Blazers take Sharpe and Daniels was on the board, but Raps wanted to leap ahead of Spurs and take Sochan, would you guys do:

Hayes, Temple, 8 for OG?
    His 72 million contract might be a killer if Graham is not offloaded as well. Talent wise, hell yes i do it.

Hayes, Temple, 8 for OG?
    In a heartbeat, I would think it takes more than that. I have loved OG for years and think he's that small ball 5 to deploy in closing lineups. CJ-BI-Zion-Herb-OG might be one of the best 5 man lineups in the league.

I know there arent a ton of minutes to go around but if you can get an ideal fit next to BI or Zion, I think you do it.
    Welcome to be here

Hayes, Temple, 8 for OG?
    Absolutely, if we can make the money work.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Yeah, the annual game between he and Shams to see who can spoil a pick first is ridiculous.
    I honestly don't mind. I want to find out as soon as I can, whereas the actual broadcast milks things out for hours and hours, often for zero reason. Meanwhile, people who just hate having picks ''spoiled'' for them can just choose to watch the broadcast and not go on Twitter/Reddit/Forums.

I honestly don't mind. I want to find out as soon as I can, whereas the actual broadcast milks things out for hours and hours, often for zero reason. Meanwhile, people who just hate having picks ''spoiled'' for them can just choose to watch the broadcast and not go on Twitter/Reddit/Forums.
    How do you enjoy the draft without watching? I do stay away from social media, but Woj still does it sometimes on the broadcast. He has been a bit better the last couple of years.

Hayes, Temple, 8 for OG?
    OG might be on the best contract in basketball and I love the fit. If you can convince Herb to step back in his role, of course. It's a homerun on paper

It's gonna be Dieng and I'm gonna hate it

I love watching the draft organically. Until the Pels draft, I put my phone away. It's just such a rush for something I look forward to months in advance. It's like that feeling of watching the lottery play out, where you're waiting to hear your name called

Hayes, Temple, 8 for OG?
    Great fit for Pels. I do worry a bit about his injury history, but he is still young and on a reasonable contract. Based on how other deals work out, could make it more difficult to re-sign Nance after next season, even if we were able to dump Graham's salary.

How do you enjoy the draft without watching? I do stay away from social media, but Woj still does it sometimes on the broadcast. He has been a bit better the last couple of years.
    I do watch, seeing the player reactions is still nice - its a big milestone in their lives - and it's always funny to laugh at the awful player comparisons they do. But knowing what the actual pick is doesn't prevent that enjoyment.

Great fit for Pels. I do worry a bit about his injury history, but he is still young and on a reasonable contract. Based on how other deals work out, could make it more difficult to re-sign Nance after next season, even if we were able to dump Graham's salary.
    OG has huge impact. If you can acquire him for a reasonable price you do so, but the raptors aren't going to give him away for cheap. He's great.

Thread Information