Pelicans Report

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: Official 2022 NBA Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Instant 120,000 more Pels fans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUpkR7QJpKU

Embed that for you
    Basketball.

On a random note, i was just looking and thought the spurs did a good job of bringing in some talent

Jeremy Sochan
    Malaki Branham
    Blake Wesley
    Kenny Chandler

Chandler was moved to Memphis but your point stands

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Embed that for you
    Nice watch, we got a great one from a humble upbringing. I didn't know his Dad played professionally, that's always a plus.

P.S. Embed-ing should be required for posting links and vids here. Should we have a tutorial so everyone knows?

For Video, hit the movie reel icon, post the YT link there, then it shows the vid in post.

For Twitter links, click the 3 dots in the top right corner of the tweet, select 'Embed Tweet.' Then click the 'Copy Code' button. Then in the PR post, click the world/link icon, then paste the tweet-embed-code. Then it shows up formatted as a tweet within the PR post.

Interactive posting FTW~!

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Nice watch, we got a great one from a humble upbringing. I didn't know his Dad played professionally, that's always a plus.

P.S. Embed-ing should be required for posting links and vids here. Should we have a tutorial so everyone knows?

For Video, hit the movie reel icon, post the YT link there, then it shows the vid in post.

For Twitter links, click the 3 dots in the top right corner of the tweet, select 'Embed Tweet.' Then click the 'Copy Code' button. Then in the PR post, click the world/link icon, then paste the tweet-embed-code. Then it shows up formatted as a tweet within the PR post.

Sorry I didn't embed. I should have

I try not to post youtube and twitter without not embedding
    Last edited by AusPel; 06-24-2022 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Embed that for you
    cheers fam

This is beautiful

I know how to embed youtube and twitter

This post is insulting to me

Good Draft for us, solid picks - I'm happy with them!

I would have preferred "Won't Back Down". But then we might have had to pay Tom Petty a licensing fee

Quote Originally Posted by djrnno View Post
    I would have preferred "Won't Back Down". But then we might have had to pay Tom Petty a licensing fee
    it's a backfoot statement

One of the worst slogans ever

Going to the ship is 5 million times better than wont back down and it took me 3 seconds to realise

I know how to embed youtube and twitter

This post is insulting to me
    In case anyone else needed to know how.

If I give you tutorial on changing your avatar, will you be pressured into changing it? We're all tired of Jameer staring at us.

If I give you tutorial on changing your avatar, will you be pressured into changing it? We're all tired of Jameer staring at us.
    pels report has super strict rules on what resolution is ok

5 by 5 pixels is deemed not worthy

I'm tired of bending to their whim
    Last edited by AusPel; 06-24-2022 at 01:45 PM.

This is beautiful
    That floater is clean

Massively

Hear hear

This is beautiful
    That guy is so annoying.

The universal praise for this draft is wild.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    The universal praise for this draft is wild.
    We drafted really well, I feel. I'd probably grade our draft like a B+ or an A-

You're concerned about shooting and simultaneously lamenting Sochan?

Seems incongruent
    Umm, no I was concerned about shooting from both. I liked Sochan's overall game better than Dyson's and I thought it would translate better into the NBA. Plus you can get away with playing Sochan as a big on offense where his lack of three point shooting isn't as big of a deal. I thought Sochan could legitimately guard 2 through 5 as well, and take minutes from Jaxson whom I assume we have to be looking to dump soon.

I agree that Dyson fits a need, I just feel that Sochan fits the same need and has a game that will translate better into the NBA. I hope I'm wrong. It's just when you see the pick you really wanted put on a Spurs cap, it just gives you a sinking feeling.

Won't Bow Down implies weakness in the past. Or even acknowledging the sentiment of bowing down

I've never liked it. It's indirectly weak
    It's also a subtle jab at Lebron James whether the Pels would admit it or not. I think there were some pretty hard feelings over Lebron's perceived manipulations to get AD out of New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    Umm, no I was concerned about shooting from both. I liked Sochan's overall game better than Dyson's and I thought it would translate better into the NBA. Plus you can get away with playing Sochan as a big on offense where his lack of three point shooting isn't as big of a deal. I thought Sochan could legitimately guard 2 through 5 as well, and take minutes from Jaxson whom I assume we have to be looking to dump soon.

I agree that Dyson fits a need, I just feel that Sochan fits the same need and has a game that will translate better into the NBA. I hope I'm wrong. It's just when you see the pick you really wanted put on a Spurs cap, it just gives you a sinking feeling.
    Dyson has a better fast track and development path with us than Sochan. We need a perimeter defender that can hang with killer 1s and 2s. Sochan won't be that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    It's also a subtle jab at Lebron James whether the Pels would admit it or not. I think there were some pretty hard feelings over Lebron's perceived manipulations to get AD out of New Orleans
    100%

pels report has super strict rules on what resolution is ok

5 by 5 pixels is deemed not worthy

I'm tired of bending to their whim
    Don't Bow Down

Thread Information