Pelicans Report

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: Official 2022 NBA Draft Thread

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I like Liddell just from his gait. He wants to crush the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I like Liddell just from his gait. He wants to crush the world.
    The inverse Jax

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    We have already had some talks with Pistons about Stewert. Would love to effectively swap Hayes (to somewhere else) for him
    Would be a nice pickup if we could work that out.

Like these picks, a lot. Was thinking Liddell might be a good target as backup PF if we traded back with Charlotte for 13 and 15. Can't believe he lasted until 41! High IQ player, good weakside rim protection and shot pretty well from behind the arc. He actually shares some of Nance's traits. A very bouncy 6'7" guy with a 38" vertical at the combine and a 7' wingspan. I think he has a good chance to work his way into the rotation backing up Zion, assuming we do something with Hayes. He also reminds me of PJ Washington, a guy I was hoping the Pels might make a trade for. Two high character guys who are just good basketball players. Good work!

I am the biggest Daniels fan on here but I cant see him playing this year. Not real minutes, anyway. Trey was better coming into the season, and had less in front of him and barely played. This is a redshirt year for Daniels
    I could see him possibly getting some spot minutes late in the season/post season due to his defense.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I could see him possibly getting some spot minutes late in the season/post season due to his defense.
    Also depends on trades and injuries. Lots of factors play into it.

He can play 1-3 realistically, and if we get rid of Devonte' and Kira's still injured until CHristmas-ish, which is very plausible, then it wouldn't be unreasonable to see him playing filler minutes at the guard spots then, since he'd really just be there to patch up gaps in the Jose/CJ/sort-of-Trey guard lineup. Hell, even if we don't shift Devonte' there might be opportunity there for him given how out-of-fashion Devonte' got by the end of last year.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Also depends on trades and injuries. Lots of factors play into it.

He can play 1-3 realistically, and if we get rid of Devonte' and Kira's still injured until CHristmas-ish, which is very plausible, then it wouldn't be unreasonable to see him playing filler minutes at the guard spots then, since he'd really just be there to patch up gaps in the Jose/CJ/sort-of-Trey guard lineup. Hell, even if we don't shift Devonte' there might be opportunity there for him given how out-of-fashion Devonte' got by the end of last year.
    Out of fashion?

Devonte is one of the worst defensive players in the league.

It would be a miracle if Dyson could be worse defensively than DG

Pels brass arent sleeping tonight. They cant believe how it fell. They really started feeling about 10 days ago that Daniels wouldnt be there and even had some talks with Indy about moving up. Then, as a bonus, EJ falls into their laps. They tried to get him in but couldnt, and understood because they had him in the early 20s. They felt pretty good after last year, okay in the Kira draft, but are on Cloud 9 tonight
    I could tell by the claps and the body language after the pick they weren?t overly excited with Kira

Speaking of Cloud 9, I feel like we are all on it

Really loving the drafts the past two seasons

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Really loving the drafts the past two seasons
    We are growing along with Griffin

Never forget when Mac said we will oscillate between love and hate with DG

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Speaking of Cloud 9, I feel like we are all on it
    Right there with you, brother. Stoked with how tonight went down.

Alright, now onto the 2023 draft. Assuming the Lakers are bad, lets talk about Nick Smith....
    @mcnamara247

Any way to track what happened to the Milwaukee 1st?

I feel like it got tossed around like the proverbial

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Any way to track what happened to the Milwaukee 1st?

I feel like it got tossed around like the proverbial
    You are really having problems tracking stuff from last night, huh? Better get used to it, this is the nrom for the NBA Draft, lol

Knicks have that pick now, along with future Detroit and Washington 1sts that will likely be somewhere between 11 and 20 in '24 or '25

typical. draft the guy i know the least about. interesting tho. big liddell fan tho should be a solid rotation guy.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Context: Mac saying "when my source texted me,"

Is there some way you feel he should have better worded this? Why is this so hilarious? Your reaction feels like it's dripping with envy. One day you can have a source too... keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy View Post
    Context: Mac saying "when my source texted me,"

Is there some way you feel he should have better worded this? Why is this so hilarious? Your reaction feels like it's dripping with envy. One day you can have a source too... keep it up.
    Attention seekers will still hate, say I make it all up. But I think you all see/know the truth now. Either that or I am the greatest guesser of all time. I kinda would prefer the opposite actually. Would pay the lotto.

Either way, let these losers have their fun. If it’s to try to bring down others, and that’s all they have in their sad life, why take that from them?

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    I woke up this morning wondering how we got a guy in the 2nd round that is a first round talent. How and why did Liddell fall that far?

Did teams just forget he existed and assumed that he got drafted already?

A yoked power forward that can score efficiently at all 3 levels, and shoots 37.4% from 3??? AND gets almost 3 blocks per game?

Someone help me understand.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    I woke up this morning wondering how we got a guy in the 2nd round that is a first round talent. How and why did Liddell fall that far?

Did teams just forget he existed and assumed that he got drafted already?

A yoked power forward that can score efficiently at all 3 levels, and shoots 37.4% from 3??? AND gets almost 3 blocks per game?

Someone help me understand.
    He played 3 years in college and doesn't do wild windmill dunks. Guys like that always fall, regardless of how good they project to be; see Desmond Bane being clearly the best shooter and secondary passer in his draft and going 30th because he was 22 as a rookie.

I dont think the FO knows either, but I know theyre stoked

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    He played 3 years in college and doesn't do wild windmill dunks. Guys like that always fall, regardless of how good they project to be; see Desmond Bane being clearly the best shooter and secondary passer in his draft and going 30th because he was 22 as a rookie.
    Yep, and we picked Kira at 13. UGH.

I really hope Liddell chooses 41 for his jersey #.

Thread Information