Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2022 NBA Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Put your dream (realistic) draft night below. Mine:

8 - Dyson Daniels

Trade Jaden McDaniels (or Vanderbilt, whoever they prefer) and 40 for Jaxson Hayes and 52

40 - Patrick Baldwin (2-way deal)
    41 - Gabriele Procida (stash)
    I like this and would happy if somehow this is the result (I like Jaden McDaniels game).

Another one I heard is: Danny Green and maybe a pick for Devonte and Hayes. Maybe Furkan involved, maybe Temple, picks different depending on exact framework. They replace what they lost is Curry (kinda) with Graham plus get a backup big in Hayes with upside. We get a roster spot and some long term cap relief, plus a good vet for the locker room. Maybe get 23 and give them our two 2nds?

Philly is talking to everyone, including us. No clue what else they have on the table, but that one intrigued me a little, depending on how the trade is filled out
    @mcnamara247

I'm gonna wake up punching the air for months if the draft goes

7. Daniels
    8. Dieng
    9. Sochan
    10. Sharpe (OKC trade up)

Still gonna love Dieng but it'll hurt to see Sochan ball out for a division rival.

Ideal night:

Take Daniels or Sharpe

Trade Jax for a 2nd (cool with either MM trade proposal), take a guy who will be your 15th guy this year. Also love to see you have Procida there MM, he's been my stash guy for a few weeks now.
    Welcome to be here

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Put your dream (realistic) draft night below. Mine:

8 - Dyson Daniels

Trade Jaden McDaniels (or Vanderbilt, whoever they prefer) and 40 for Jaxson Hayes and 52

40 - Patrick Baldwin (2-way deal)
    41 - Gabriele Procida (stash)
    I would be cool with Daniels or Sochan at 8.

Baldwin is interesting enough to take a flyer on later. Christian Koloko jumped out at me when scouting Mathurin in March Madness.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Maybe Furkan involved
    Furkan is my Beno Udrih.

Another one I heard is: Danny Green and maybe a pick for Devonte and Hayes. Maybe Furkan involved, maybe Temple, picks different depending on exact framework. They replace what they lost is Curry (kinda) with Graham plus get a backup big in Hayes with upside. We get a roster spot and some long term cap relief, plus a good vet for the locker room. Maybe get 23 and give them our two 2nds?

Philly is talking to everyone, including us. No clue what else they have on the table, but that one intrigued me a little, depending on how the trade is filled out
    I would do that in a heartbeat. Hayes is easily replaceable. As long as Temple and Graham are gone and free up some roster spots im good.

Early in the morning on draft day, and this thread already has more pages than some entire gameday threads last season. Good times.

Would you guys do Hayes, Temple, and #52 for #36?

Open up two roster spots, have two cracks at it in the high second round. One or both of the guys take a two-way. Open up the full MLE. No guarantees to get a good player, but you can also split it up. Just gives you flexibility roster wise and cap wise.
    Hell yes

Get more minutes for Nance

Umm, didn't he just blow out his acl?

I'm liking the sound of most of these Graham or Hayes trades. Although I do know the Wolves (their internet fans, at least) are high on McDaniels and Vanderbilt, but I guess Hayes is just as good a prospect and probably better.

Imagine if we got pick 23 and get to project/hype up a second 1st round draft pick. That would be fun

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Hell yes

Get more minutes for Nance
    I mean, Nance is getting more minutes even if Hayes is there. At best, Hayes is going into camp as the 9th man. Nance, Jose, and Trey all getting more minutes next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    You aren’t trading for the player.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Don't fight it, embrace it.
    If we get him after a trade down I guess I could live with it. If we pick him at 8, with some of the other options that would still have to be on the board ...

Season Ticket Holder
    Yes, Green is 35 years old with a busted ACL.

There have been reports of 6ers shopping him regardless: https://nba.nbcsports.com/2022/06/19...d-danny-green/

You aren’t trading for the player.
    I guess, but I'd like to get something at least usable in the trade, other than the roster spot and unloading Graham's contract. Hayes' value isn't great but is it that low?

I guess, but I'd like to get something at least usable in the trade, other than the roster spot and unloading Graham's contract. Hayes' value isn't great but is it that low?
    If you were another team, why would you want to give up something of value for Hayes? Showed immense immaturity on and off the court. Wants a contract in the 4/70-80 range. More bad flashes than good so far in his career.

He is worth a gamble if the acquisition cost is low, but when proven guys like Grant are going for late 1sts, why are you giving anything of real value for Jaxson Hayes?

If you were another team, why would you want to give up something of value for Hayes? Showed immense immaturity on and off the court. Wants a contract in the 4/70-80 range. More bad flashes than good so far in his career.

He is worth a gamble if the acquisition cost is low, but when proven guys like Grant are going for late 1sts, why are you giving anything of real value for Jaxson Hayes?
    Would we get stuck with Green's 10 million cap hit?

Hayes and Graham have no discernible value

Kira might have a little

I think to start truly valuing a player, you have to discern how well they would be in the playoffs, and work backwards

Mac has already stated what a farce the regular season is

Season Ticket Holder

I agree with all this, except for the contract issue. I guess it is safe to say he wants 4/70-80 but what is he going to demand? Nobody knows.

Oh, and Iverson Molinar is another name I heard. Weird prospect. How do you go from shooting 44% from 3 in your sophomore year to 25% your Junior year? Yet, he shot 87% from the line this year. Just so weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    I'm liking the sound of most of these Graham or Hayes trades. Although I do know the Wolves (their internet fans, at least) are high on McDaniels and Vanderbilt, but I guess Hayes is just as good a prospect and probably better.

Imagine if we got pick 23 and get to project/hype up a second 1st round draft pick. That would be fun
    Would be interesting. Maybe Hardy at 23?

Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    I agree with all this, except for the contract issue. I guess it is safe to say he wants 4/70-80 but what is he going to demand? Nobody knows.
    Just let him go. He does not benefit the team on, or off the court

He has a showtime dunk every now and again, but he doesn't want to defend

Would we get stuck with Green's 10 million cap hit?
    Its a 10 million dollar expiring that you can use in a trade.

I think you look at contracts all wrong.

Thread Information