Pelicans Report

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2022 NBA Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    He shot 29% on the season and 45% from the FT line. He had a decent stretch shooting about 34% to close out the year but this is a guy who needs to learn how to shoot. The fact that he's not Ben Simmons who is a historically non-existent shooter doesn't change the fact that right now, he is not a shooter.
    Where did you get that he shot 45% from FT line? I thought it was in the 70s.

Cascade of boos

His shot doesn't look that bad from a mechanics standpoint. I will say that windup/release is super slow. I'm sure they will work him on improving that. I really didn't think he would be there at 8. I'm thrilled we got him as I thought we would have to settle for Johhny Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by Algiersraised View Post
    Maybe he will be Lonzo lol with a little more drive
    Dyson is capable of putting more than 3 dribbles together without kicking the ball out of bounds.

Oh, that's interesting
    Basketball.

Scared me for a second thought they were going to announce a trade of Dieng to Nola

Yaaaaaaaaas

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Am I nuts or do I see a taller, less athletic Lonzo? Good outlet passes..like really good. Clearly a plus game thinker. Not a big lay initiator but he’ll connect a play. Wonder how his lob game is.
    He connects like lonzo, good at deflections like lonzo. Shooting form much, much better. Attacks the rim and has a good floater. Protects the rim.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    I think Rondo is the comparison that comes to mind for me. High IQ, good defense and facilitator. But ngl I am not thrilled about getting a guard who will lower our already bottom 5 3pt shooting percentage.
    We have CJ, BI, Zion, Jonas, & I'll throw in Trey for shooting.
    Give me somebody that's going drop the shooting percentages of the opposing team.
    Centers don't shoot 3's for years & become decent, sounds like the kid will put in the work.

What a pep talk from big Perk

Would’ve been bummed if we passed on Sharpe to take Deing. Like Halliburton, glad he went before we picked so I can tell myself we couldn’t have taken him anyway.

Daniels was who I wanted if we couldn’t get Sharpe. In the last two weeks, I refused to watch highlights of Daniels…just in case. Happily watching them now.

All in all. Y’all trippin lol

Oh, thats dirty. OKC was talking to us to trade up to 8 if Sharpe fell, probably knowing we wanted to trade back and get Dieng. All the while, OKC had this lined up with NY to jump back in to 11 and get Dieng. Dirty, but I respect it
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Where did you get that he shot 45% from FT line? I thought it was in the 70s.
    It was 73.7% in the 14 G League Showcase games, where he went 14/19

It was 38.5% in the 15 G League Ignite Tour games, where he went 10/26

Add them up, you get 24/45 which is 53.3%

So correction, I misremembered; he shot 53% on 45 shots. I had it in my head as 45% on 53 shots. Should have checked instead of just going off memory

But the point remains, 53% is still pretty terrible from the FT line

He shot 29% on the season and 45% from the FT line. He had a decent stretch shooting about 34% to close out the year but this is a guy who needs to learn how to shoot. The fact that he's not Ben Simmons who is a historically non-existent shooter doesn't change the fact that right now, he is not a shooter.
    The internet says that he shot 73% from the line

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    The internet says that he shot 73% from the line
    see the above response

Biggest downside of this pick is that now I gotta see people say Fred Vinson will fix his jumper for the next few months. Wasn't broken, but yeah, Fred will add another notch to his belt and his legacy shall grow

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    LOL Jalen Williams looks like he hated to be drafted by OKC.

Everyone’s second favorite Griffin still hasn’t been drafted

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Biggest downside of this pick is that now I gotta see people say Fred Vinson will fix his jumper for the next few months. Wasn't broken, but yeah, Fred will add another notch to his belt and his legacy shall grow
    Help us Fred Vinson. You're our only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    #1 thing is he needs to get stronger

So what is our current haul from the AD trade now? I've kind of done the math and this is what I come up with: (I've ignored 2nd round picks for convenience)

Lakers get AD

Pels get:

Brandon Ingram
    Garrett Temple
    Jaxson Hayes (from the #4 2019 pick we traded for 8,17,35)
    CJ McCollum
    Larry Nance Jr.
    Tony Snell
    Dyson Daniels (#8 2022)

Still have
    2023 swap rights
    1st round pick in 2024 or 2025, our choice.

Is this fairly close?

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    Everyone’s second favorite Griffin still hasn’t been drafted
    I wonder how his medicals came back to teams. That was the only real caveat for me, since we don't have access to that stuff. He had no injury issues in college but he had a pretty bad knee injury pre-college

It was 73.7% in the 14 G League Showcase games, where he went 14/19

It was 38.5% in the 15 G League Ignite Tour games, where he went 10/26

Add them up, you get 24/45 which is 53.3%

So correction, I misremembered; he shot 53% on 45 shots. I had it in my head as 45% on 53 shots. Should have checked instead of just going off memory

But the point remains, 53% is still pretty terrible from the FT line
    God I hate the goofy g league, which came first?

I wonder why we weren't into Sharpe at all

Thread Information