Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2022 NBA Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    No burst, no real vertical, not massively strong or fast, but he's not Kyle Anderson, that's why I say mediocre athlete rather than bad athlete
    Yea, he’s kind of flat footed.

Saying he "cant shoot whatsoever" is a really bad and lazy thing to put out there for people who might not have watched him and are looking for real insight

Stroke looks great. Its slow, and he isnt getting the power from his legs so using so much arm is making him inconsistent. This isnt Ben Simmons
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    We have two offers on the table if Blazers go with Daniels. Will decide between those and Dieng. Sounds like they are leaning towards Dieng. Please Portland!!!
    What was the offers?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

We only had 1 good perimeter defender in Herb, thank the lord we have another good perimeter defender with amazing size. I love it.

Saying he "cant shoot whatsoever" is a really bad and lazy thing to put out there for people who might not have watched him and are looking for real insight

Stroke looks great. Its slow, and he isnt getting the power from his legs so using so much arm is making him inconsistent. This isnt Ben Simmons
    He shot 29% on the season and 45% from the FT line. He had a decent stretch shooting about 34% to close out the year but this is a guy who needs to learn how to shoot. The fact that he's not Ben Simmons who is a historically non-existent shooter doesn't change the fact that right now, he is not a shooter.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    Yea, he’s kind of flat footed.
    Yeah but with his size he has just enough handle that it doesn't matter.

In this "meh" to "eww" draft you have to live with these things at #8.

Watched about 8 Ignite games and really like his defense tho. Pels are sticking to their types.

I can’t help but feel we made a huge mistake

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    We only had 1 good perimeter defender in Herb, thank the lord we have another good perimeter defender with amazing size. I love it.
    Jose Alvarado, Trey Murphy, and even Larry Nance to some extent are sorry to hear you think so little of their defensive abilities.

He shot 29% on the season and 45% from the FT line. He had a decent stretch shooting about 34% to close out the year but this is a guy who needs to learn how to shoot. The fact that he's not Ben Simmons who is a historically non-existent shooter doesn't change the fact that right now, he is not a shooter.
    I didn’t realize his free throw shooting was that bad

Second half of his VERY SMALL SAMPLE SIZE season, he shot 34.7% from 3. "Cant shoot" is Jalen Duren. Not a guy who actually attempts them and misses an inch short a good amount of the time and, if he had made 4 more in the second half of the season, he would have shot 38% over that span

He has weaknesses, but no need to grossly exaggerate them

"Not a shooter" which you now correctly modified it to would be fine. "Cant shoot whatsoever" is unnecessary hyperbole

I wanted an explosive guard who can shoot to be honest.

His shot is there, but it’s just hella hella slow release

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I think Rondo is the comparison that comes to mind for me. High IQ, good defense and facilitator. But ngl I am not thrilled about getting a guard who will lower our already bottom 5 3pt shooting percentage.

I was ok with it until I saw Sochan put on a Spurs hat

Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy View Post
    I wanted an explosive guard who can shoot to be honest.

His shot is there, but it’s just hella hella slow release
    His shot is fairly nice in terms of aesthetics and he's got good enough touch from floater range for me to be optimistic, but he's gotta put in the gym hours. I don't imagine that will be a problem though, everything I've heard says he's a hard worker.

They the guy I wanted at that spot the whole time.

Big enough to play 1-3 with the skills to match.

His defense has potential to be really good.

I would try to make a him a Luka-esque PG that doesn?t need to score, plays better defense, but can still get you a triple double.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    I think Rondo is the comparison that comes to mind for me. High IQ, good defense and facilitator. But ngl I am not thrilled about getting a guard who will lower our already bottom 5 3pt shooting percentage.
    I mean, like I said, I think the shooting isn't impossible. It's just going to need a lot of work.

His shot is fairly nice in terms of aesthetics and he's got good enough touch from floater range for me to be optimistic, but he's gotta put in the gym hours. I don't imagine that will be a problem though, everything I've heard says he's a hard worker.
    Much better

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    They the guy I wanted at that spot the whole time.

Big enough to play 1-3 with the skills to match.

His defense has potential to be really good.

I would try to make a him a Luka-esque PG that doesn?t need to score, plays better defense, but can still get you a triple double.
    ''Luka-esque PG'' but who doesn't score and plays defense isn't particularly Luka-esque.

Maybe he will be Lonzo lol with a little more drive

Jose Alvarado, Trey Murphy, and even Larry Nance to some extent are sorry to hear you think so little of their defensive abilities.
    Ahh I forgot about Jose I’ll give you that, Murphy and Nance are decent perimeter defenders, not good ones. Dyson is a better perimeter defender than both day 1.

I will add Murphy got better as the year went on but he won’t be guarding 1s or 2s, he’s too tall. We need another guy to guard the 1-3 spots.
    Last edited by HornetGuru; 06-23-2022 at 08:11 PM.

If anything justifies my scepticism of lottery Dieng, it's the fact that the Knicks are the team that eventually took him

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Am I nuts or do I see a taller, less athletic Lonzo? Good outlet passes..like really good. Clearly a plus game thinker. Not a big lay initiator but he’ll connect a play. Wonder how his lob game is.

Second half of his VERY SMALL SAMPLE SIZE season, he shot 34.7% from 3. "Cant shoot" is Jalen Duren. Not a guy who actually attempts them and misses an inch short a good amount of the time and, if he had made 4 more in the second half of the season, he would have shot 38% over that span

He has weaknesses, but no need to grossly exaggerate them

"Not a shooter" which you now correctly modified it to would be fine. "Cant shoot whatsoever" is unnecessary hyperbole
    Assuming it was gonna be Dieng, if Daniels was lost, I am thrilled with the results. May be wrong, but I woulda been much happier with Sochan than Dieng. So...bottom line...GREAT NIGHT...and like you said ...Thank You Lakers !!

What I like most about him is in one of his interviews he said he told his momma that she gotta give him healthy food so he can make it to the league. Night and day.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Am I nuts or do I see a taller, less athletic Lonzo? Good outlet passes..like really good. Clearly a plus game thinker. Not a big lay initiator but he’ll connect a play. Wonder how his lob game is.
    Probably not a terrible comparison. He's a considerably better finisher than Lonzo though.

Thread Information