Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2022 NBA Draft Thread

Draft Official 2022 NBA Draft Thread

I thought it might be prudent to start a new thread for the actual official draft day itself. So here it is; when the draft begins, here's a place for reacting to the picks in real time and discussing. Hope it'll be a fun night.

This means it's also not entirely Pels centric which means there'll be some fun talk about selections for other teams as well.
    Basketball.

Yeah a Draft Day thread is warranted

Speak Daniels into existence

Team actually excited about the second round. I dont think they leave with two guys selected, but I would have said 0 was more likely than 1 a few weeks ago. As of this morning, I think they select one guy, likely someone they stash or agree to a two-way with. But they really like some 2nd round and possible undrafted guys. As for first round, my odds would be:

Daniels - 7 to 2
    Dieng - 4 to 1
    Trade Down - 6 to 1
    Mathurin - 10 to 1
    Sharpe - 12 to 1

Happy Draft Day y'all
    @mcnamara247

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I was so confident that Daniels would be picked by us yesterday until I read that Toronto is trying to get into the Blazers spot.

The order of who I want the Pels to draft goes:
    1) Daniels
    2) Sochan
    3) Mathurin
    4) Sharpe
    5) Dieng

Would you guys do Hayes, Temple, and #52 for #36?

Open up two roster spots, have two cracks at it in the high second round. One or both of the guys take a two-way. Open up the full MLE. No guarantees to get a good player, but you can also split it up. Just gives you flexibility roster wise and cap wise.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    I was so confident that Daniels would be picked by us yesterday until I read that Toronto is trying to get into the Blazers spot.

The order of who I want the Pels to draft goes:
    1) Daniels
    2) Sochan
    3) Mathurin
    4) Sharpe
    5) Dieng
    Multiple teams in the league feel its for Sochan. Apparently, Masai met with him a while back and thinks he fits the culture and play style to a T

Season Ticket Holder
    I still wanna unload the clip of Lakers/Bucks picks for Jaden Ivey. Of course, the word for months has been that Sacatomato wants to "win now" so this is unlikely without a 3rd team. I'm not smart enough to put together a 3 team trade, but let's lay it all on the line for Ivey.

Life is short: trade up for Ivey.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Would you guys do Hayes, Temple, and #52 for #36?

Open up two roster spots, have two cracks at it in the high second round. One or both of the guys take a two-way. Open up the full MLE. No guarantees to get a good player, but you can also split it up. Just gives you flexibility roster wise and cap wise.
    Yes, we pretty much know what Jaxson is by now, and clearing $$ and roster spots is more valuable right now. Depending on the MLE market, I?d split it up and take some flyers on some guys who weren?t in a good situation/team fit. Having guys in the pipeline developing is crucial to sustaining success long term.

Yes, mostly because I'd like to see Jax off this team before the season starts. Go get a backup 4 who fits better or maybe a 2nd round guy pops off and fills that role later in the year.
    Welcome to be here

Quote Originally Posted by BasedPelican View Post
    Yes, we pretty much know what Jaxson is by now, and clearing $$ and roster spots is more valuable right now. Depending on the MLE market, I?d split it up and take some flyers on some guys who weren?t in a good situation/team fit. Having guys in the pipeline developing is crucial to sustaining success long term.
    Shift Jax and then draft Duren at #8.

Not happening but it would be cool.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Multiple teams in the league feel its for Sochan. Apparently, Masai met with him a while back and thinks he fits the culture and play style to a T
    I mean, he is almost tailor made for us. Shooting is just bad enough for him to fall to us (where Vinson can fix him). His body control is really good. Great attitude. Team guy. Loves to get others involved. No attitude problems. Is smart. Defensive switchability is amazing. Already huge, and still growing at only 19 years old.

We do need shooting, but Herb reminded me this year that I love guys with good attitudes that can play defense, hustle, and distribute.

One guy I know some in the FO like re: 2nd round: Julian Champagnie. Heard some stuff about Vince Williams, Keon Ellis and a guy named Karlo Matkovic that I had never heard of before.

One guy I know some in the FO like re: 2nd round: Julian Champagnie. Heard some stuff about Vince Williams, Keon Ellis and a guy named Karlo Matkovic that I had never heard of before.
    I read an article about Markovic. Apparently he dropped out of the draft and then decided to re-enter about an hour later. That led to speculation that someone gave him a promise.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    That would be a great outcome for us, but man I'm still disappointed we don't seem to be more interested in Sochan.

Ousmane Dieng will be a Pelican in about 10 hours!
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    That would be a great outcome for us, but man I'm still disappointed we don't seem to be more interested in Sochan.
    I think the irony is that if we hadnt drafted Herb last year, Sochan would be a top target for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    vomit

That's very interesting, and yet very ballsy. But there must be a feeling around the league that Sochan is going to go earlier than expected.

He's a great prospect, and he has a great story. Also saw some interviews and he seems like a great kid. Any team would be lucky to have him.

Matkovic has some serious bunnies and a really smooth jumper. He showed out at the Combine and I'm sure some GMs fell in love.

Would be a fun player to have here

Shamit, is that you?

Put your dream (realistic) draft night below. Mine:

8 - Dyson Daniels

Trade Jaden McDaniels (or Vanderbilt, whoever they prefer) and 40 for Jaxson Hayes and 52

40 - Patrick Baldwin (2-way deal)
    41 - Gabriele Procida (stash)

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    That's very interesting, and yet very ballsy. But there must be a feeling around the league that Sochan is going to go earlier than expected.

He's a great prospect, and he has a great story. Also saw some interviews and he seems like a great kid. Any team would be lucky to have him.
    Most feel like Spurs are taking him at 9

Masai seems like a “human first” type GM but is the ceiling of them

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    vomit
    Don't fight it, embrace it.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    The sample size is WAY too small to even take a chance. No way.

Thread Information