Pelicans Report

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans Summer League Thread & Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    For those who are worried -- the team and EJ had the contract worked out a while ago. They arent going to leave him hanging. Will go ahead as planned
    The plan was likely to two way him and then sign him to a Jose-type contract later in the season when you open up a roster spot, whether through a buy out or trade. I do wonder if this changes thing some from a roster building perspective, though. If they were counting on minutes from EJ at some point in the season, then it may be necessary to go get another 4 in case of emergency

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    The plan was likely to two way him and then sign him to a Jose-type contract later in the season when you open up a roster spot, whether through a buy out or trade. I do wonder if this changes thing some from a roster building perspective, though. If they were counting on minutes from EJ at some point in the season, then it may be necessary to go get another 4 in case of emergency
    There's no roster spots anyway

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Not at the moment but I anticipate one or two.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Well it would be rather easy to get off of Temple's contract if they feel the need

We now know Brockington did get an Exhibit 10 contract, and that was given knowing he had a knee injury. They obviously like him. Somehow I think the Pelicans do something with Plowden. He looked good and if that good continues he might get something of a contract. Plowden and Brockington were very good college players. Just not known by many.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Well it would be rather easy to get off of Temple's contract if they feel the need
    That is where I expect one of the first moves. I have heard he is interested in coaching.

There's no need to open the roster spot if he's not going to play this year anyway. I'm assuming the conversation was something like "we'll sign you to a 2-way and if you're progressing/doing xyz we will open up a roster spot for you like we did with Jose last year". Keep him on the 2 way this year and let him play next summer under the same conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    There's no need to open the roster spot if he's not going to play this year anyway. I'm assuming the conversation was something like "we'll sign you to a 2-way and if you're progressing/doing xyz we will open up a roster spot for you like we did with Jose last year". Keep him on the 2 way this year and let him play next summer under the same conditions.
    Well then you risk him walking, so that wouldn't necessarily be smart. There's an agreement in place and the Pels knew the risk

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Sirvydis played very well.

Basketball.

In regards to Zion (and his dad for that matter), do y’all think they really turned over a new leaf with their feelings toward the team, or is it just play nice so they can get the bag szn? Does it even matter?

Johnny Davis has been invisible during these summer league games

Plowden goes down with an injury but it doesn't appear to be more than a sprained ankle. Guys keep rising to the occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by coreylaron View Post
    In regards to Zion (and his dad for that matter), do y’all think they really turned over a new leaf with their feelings toward the team, or is it just play nice so they can get the bag szn? Does it even matter?
    You first need to establish that a "new leaf" needed to be turned over in the first place.

Reports from the "piano guys" will not suffice.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Just roll with Jaxson at PF off the bench and hope he can show out in a contract year. I have no issue just riding Jaxson’s contract out and making a decision on whether he’s worth his next contract in the off-season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Photoshop Naji out that pic. Hey Graham not in the photo ? Jax?
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 07-13-2022 at 09:16 PM.

Heh. Pelicans currently 2nd in SL standings.

Will be in the championship game if they win the next one by a large enough margin.

We have the last summer league game against the Lakers so we should know what we need to do to make the title game.

At this point, take them at their word or take your ****** home until the trade you secretly want to happen happens. Especially when they mention the playoff run as being such a big deal.

Who did all the scoring in the 3rd quarter as the Pelicans took the lead.? I missed that quarter.

It seems they have and that the vibes are good for now. It doesn't matter to me either way, the Pels look like they've set themselves up to be good whether he's here or not and he hasn't played for us long enough to have any kind of attachment to him.

I?m surprised more people don?t get hurt badly in summer league considering how hard they play. Get well soon EJ. That?s so unfortunate man

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    I’m not sure why, but I am a huge fan of Tyrique Jones. I hope he makes this team. He does a lot of really good things on the floor that sticks out. His help defense and switch ability stood out to me in both of the games he has started. Plowden and Jones are really fun guys for the Gleague team, if anything. I just have a gut feeling that Jones will be a good player in this league. High IQ big men with that type of motor don’t grow on trees. Plowden reminds me a lot of Dwade in his game. I know thats a tough comparison, but I’m talking young Dwade. Pels are set to add talent from the Gleague team and continue to build for the future. What an exciting time to be a die hard!

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    I’m not sure why, but I am a huge fan of Tyrique Jones. I hope he makes this team. He does a lot of really good things on the floor that sticks out. His help defense and switch ability stood out to me in both of the games he has started. Plowden and Jones are really fun guys for the Gleague team, if anything. I just have a gut feeling that Jones will be a good player in this league. High IQ big men with that type of motor don’t grow on trees. Plowden reminds me a lot of Dwade in his game. I know thats a tough comparison, but I’m talking young Dwade. Pels are set to add talent from the Gleague team and continue to build for the future. What an exciting time to be a die hard!
    Best you can hope for with Tyrique is for a spot on the Squadron.

Yea 0% chance Jones is even on a two way with the Pels

Thread Information