Pelicans Report

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans Summer League Thread & Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I am hesitant to cap Daniels ceiling at excellent, winning role player. I think that is vastly underrating his offensive ceiling - which I think could be at a level of taller Tony Parker

Not his median outcome but can I see a universe where he is a top tier paint scorer who can score 30 on nights where his jumper is falling? I can. And he won’t be a 10 assist, ball dominate playmaker but he can get guys in the right position and orchestrate the offense. Heck, he did that the first few possessions last night. Was telling people where to go, which side to set screens on, etc

I think Parker on offense and Ben Simmons on D is the ceiling. I think the kid has ‘it’ in so many ways
    Fair, I see your ceiling point.....
    I see more of a solid contributor aka Doug Christie .
    and I am fine with that !
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

I am hesitant to cap Daniels ceiling at excellent, winning role player. I think that is vastly underrating his offensive ceiling - which I think could be at a level of taller Tony Parker

Not his median outcome but can I see a universe where he is a top tier paint scorer who can score 30 on nights where his jumper is falling? I can. And he won?t be a 10 assist, ball dominate playmaker but he can get guys in the right position and orchestrate the offense. Heck, he did that the first few possessions last night. Was telling people where to go, which side to set screens on, etc

I think Parker on offense and Ben Simmons on D is the ceiling. I think the kid has ?it? in so many ways
    Parker is a good comparison for him as a ceiling. I see some of Parker in his game in some of the videos I have seen.

Not his median outcome but can I see a universe where he is a top tier paint scorer who can score 30 on nights where his jumper is falling? I can. And he won?t be a 10 assist, ball dominate playmaker but he can get guys in the right position and orchestrate the offense. Heck, he did that the first few possessions last night. Was telling people where to go, which side to set screens on, etc

I think Parker on offense and Ben Simmons on D is the ceiling. I think the kid has ?it? in so many ways
    Can't remember or find your post, but can you share a game where Dyson Daniels made you a believer?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Can we acknowledge that if Trey had had a normal shooting night he would’ve been looking at like 35. He was far and away the best player on the court and really has no business being out there. If he plays tonight, you have to assume its his final SL game

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Can we acknowledge that if Trey had had a normal shooting night he would’ve been looking at like 35. He was far and away the best player on the court and really has no business being out there. If he plays tonight, you have to assume its his final SL game
    I didn't see the game, but someone here said Trey looked like trash

If you can rewatch that game and say Trey looked terrible then idk what to tell you. Was pretty dominant unless he was forced to create his own offense, which he will literally never have to do this season. Found a way to score 23 on 16 shots in spite of shooting 1-9 from 3, and added 8 rebounds and 4 steals. He and Dyson disrupted everything defensively while Dyson was playing. If Trey is bringing the ball up for this team in the regular season, then theres a problem. People just want something to complain about

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I didn't see the game, but someone here said Trey looked like trash
    They were incorrect. He shot 1-9 from 3, which makes the box score look a bit gruesome but nobody should care about summer league box score numbers.

It's true he looked rough at times as a lead ballhandler, but that's also a skill he'll never really have to use in the NBA. Complaining that he wasn't good at it is like watching CP3 fail to swat dunks and complaining about it - just not what he's there for anyway. Other than that he looked good. Efficient from 2, good shot selection, no hesitation on the threes, hands everywhere on defense - created turnovers at will - it was good.
    Basketball.

lmao

RJ a crucial part of the 2016 ship

I'm assuming that Daniels isn't playing tonight but have they made it official?

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    I'm assuming that Daniels isn't playing tonight but have they made it official?
    I've scoured and seen nothing either way. We'll find out in a few hours I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

lmao
    He can't be any worse than the officiating was Saturday night. Upon rewatch, EJ had some insane help plays that were incorrectly called fouls

Also, upon rewatch, Karlo Matkovic is going to be an NBA guy. One or two years expanding that range and he's going to be a valuable rotation big. His mid range and FT looked so smooth and he already has nice touch. His rotations defensively were nice too, and he as ++ athleticism. Reminds me a good bit of a younger Larry Nance with a bit more size

Any update on Dysons injury?

I bet Pelicans will attempt to sign guys off other teams to invite to camp. Other than the rookies I didn't see anything, and I swear Marshall may have actually hurt his stock.

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by PleaseWinPels View Post
    Any update on Dysons injury?
    Nothing. I guess the summerleague injury reporting rules aren't the same as regular season. Hahaha.

Also, upon rewatch, Karlo Matkovic is going to be an NBA guy. One or two years expanding that range and he's going to be a valuable rotation big. His mid range and FT looked so smooth and he already has nice touch. His rotations defensively were nice too, and he as ++ athleticism. Reminds me a good bit of a younger Larry Nance with a bit more size
    I was impressed with the little we got to see of him. He does not look completely lost out there like I was kind of expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee2000 View Post
    I bet Pelicans will attempt to sign guys off other teams to invite to camp. Other than the rookies I didn't see anything, and I swear Marshall may have actually hurt his stock.
    Pels had 22 guys on the the training camp roster last season. Not sure if that is typical. Have to assume they'll have the 15 guys currently under contract plus Liddell and Seabron, putting them at 17. From there, they would probably invite Squadron players like Jared Harper, John Petty, and Zylan Cheatham to participate. I know they want to get John Butler on an E-10 deal and have him hang around with the Squadron this season.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I was impressed with the little we got to see of him. He does not look completely lost out there like I was kind of expecting.
    Based off research, apparently he was way further along in private workouts than teams expected. Kind of took teams by surprise because he played such a secondary role to Jovic at Mega and basically was a dirty work guy. I know he himself spoke about having range out to the 3 point line that he wasn't able to showcase at Mega because of the system

Pels had 22 guys on the the training camp roster last season. Not sure if that is typical. Have to assume they'll have the 15 guys currently under contract plus Liddell and Seabron, putting them at 17. From there, they would probably invite Squadron players like Jared Harper, John Petty, and Zylan Cheatham to participate. I know they want to get John Butler on an E-10 deal and have him hang around with the Squadron this season.
    Would like to see Butler on an E10 to see he can develop his body and game.

Absolutely keep Butler and see if he can put on some weight/athleticism

Our rooks going down left and right. Thanks Naji for that alley oops pass in traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    Our rooks going down left and right. Thanks Naji for that alley oops pass in traffic.
    Just terrible

E J back in the game !

I knew soon as Naji threw up that garbage pass someone was going to get hurt. Nice to see EJ back in though.

Thread Information