Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans Summer League Thread & Schedule

It’s going to be okay

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Really like EJ's defensive presence.

Jared Harper may be the worst defender I’ve ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Jared Harper may be the worst defender I’ve ever seen
    He's so short. Tough being a 5'10 NBA player.

Other than the drafted guys and maybe Petty I don't see much

They look like a well practiced team and we look like a bunch of individuals playing pickup. That pretty much sums it up. Not a knock on the talent of our guys....just not fun to watch.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    They look like a well practiced team and we look like a bunch of individuals playing pickup. That pretty much sums it up. Not a knock on the talent of our guys....just not fun to watch.
    No lead ball handler. That’s what happens

Absolutely on offense. But defense, too. They are switching like a well oiled machine and we're just kinda folding.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I disagree... He had some rookie and shooting struggles, but his IQ and recognition was lightning quick.
    Picking up his dribble from an inbounds pass after one bounce when the other team is full court pressing, nearly leading to him turning the ball over, is a near Shaqtin a fool play. But I can chalk up some of this to being new to the team and not having played with any of these guys before.

Trey Murphy last year in the first half of the first game didn't look very good in moving off the ball and kept nearly running into his own teammates rather than spacing the floor. But after about the first half, he was amazing the rest of summer league. We won't be able to see the same from Dyson due to the injury.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    I mean, I am absolutely starving for some Pels basketball. And i have my back turned to the TV right now. I can't even...

Give some of the other guys a shot. Brockington isn't on the bench so I wonder if he ever signed as Exhibit 10.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    I mean, I am absolutely starving for some Pels basketball. And i have my back turned to the TV right now. I can't even...
    Yeah I was actually excited for this. But damn, this is brutal to watch lmao.

I would look at other rosters as camp invites.

Coach is taking a vacation in Vegas. Not too serious on this league. Ugly play.

Who is currently shooting 2 of 12 from the field?

Which team at the 6:21 mark of fourth quarter has recorded only 9 assists?

I hope this team shows more than tonite or this was just a waste of time.

Trey is kiss the rim athletic now. Not sure he was there at the start of last season

I honestly don’t know why I expected Dyson to come out looking like CP3 mixed with Steph Curry?

I just don’t get it, when CP3 has the ball and comes up the court and runs a pick and roll, it literally looks so easy to where I think, “man, I feel like any PG in the league can do that”…Idk if it’s the offense they run, but then again, CP3 did it here too, so idk to be honest
    Last edited by WhyHornetsWhy; 07-09-2022 at 11:59 PM.

Bruh this is the 4th time this announcer has called us Portland.

That was UGLY, nothing nice to really say about any Pel in this one ...... On to the next!
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

That is somewhat a reflection on Collins and I know Green did not like what he was watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee2000 View Post
    That is somewhat a reflection on Collins and I know Green did not like what he was watching.
    No Jose or Daniels. It’s not that serious

I guess I was very disappointed in Murphy and Marshall.

Personally, I would send both back to New Orleans and sign two more guys.

Naji and Trey are only going to play a game or 2 anyway so prepare yourself for some ugly games especially with Dyson possibly out the rest of SL.

Thread Information