Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans Summer League Thread & Schedule

Here’s a question— how good would Daniels have to be to shut him down a la Donovan, Lillard, Ja, etc?

Side note - going to see Chet’s first game tonight. Hope that fine man don’t steal my girl!
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    Naji kind of reminds me of the guy still living in the fraternity house two years after he graduated. For Naji, getting shots up without restraint is the equivelant of endless weekends of beer kegs and sorority girls.
    I?d have to agree with your analogy

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Here?s a question? how good would Daniels have to be to shut him down a la Donovan, Lillard, Ja, etc?

Side note - going to see Chet?s first game tonight. Hope that fine man don?t steal my girl!
    As a kind of Dyson non-believer, I don't think it'll happen.

He would have to actually become Ben Simmons with allstar level three-level scoring. Guard 1-5 well, have a ton of asts and put a lot of points on the board with good effg while creating shots for himself mostly.

Here’s a question— how good would Daniels have to be to shut him down a la Donovan, Lillard, Ja, etc?

Side note - going to see Chet’s first game tonight. Hope that fine man don’t steal my girl!
    I've heard pretty incredible reviews of Dyson's play so far through their little Summer League mini camp

Naji kind of reminds me of the guy still living in the fraternity house two years after he graduated. For Naji, getting shots up without restraint is the equivelant of endless weekends of beer kegs and sorority girls.
    If Naji plays the SL like he did last year, I would hope they shut him down quickly. He thought he was Harden out there and did not involve his teammates much.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    If Naji plays the SL like he did last year, I would hope they shut him down quickly. He thought he was Harden out there and did not involve his teammates much.
    Yea, and what makes it worse, is that Naji probably (or at least should) considers Daniels a threat to his job security. Naji seems like a pretty good dude, so he probably wouldn't go out of his way to make him look bad, but you never know.

I see Fred Vinson hype season is in full effect...... I will keep my mouth shut moving forward

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    I've heard pretty incredible reviews of Dyson's play so far through their little Summer League mini camp
    Excellent

I see Fred Vinson hype season is in full effect...... I will keep my mouth shut moving forward
    From the looks of things early on...Fred must be working with Chet a bit...g (Gonna be a good one)

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar

I’m thinking a very simple looking triple double. Like a 15/11/12 type game with lots of smart defensive rotations. Or just pretty close.

Remember the rules of evaluating / reacting to Summer League:

He doin his dance out there

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    High key hoping John Butler shows up and gets himself a 2-way. His skillset is incredibly unique.

Chet will be above avg defensively from day one. The offensive numbers, however, were a bit misleading and I expect him to struggle a bit on that end when an easy shot isn’t created for him. I really liked guard Jaylen Williams. Poku is a disaster.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    High key hoping John Butler shows up and gets himself a 2-way. His skillset is incredibly unique.
    really looking forward to seeing him and EJ as well....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    I agree. I was hoping we would sign him at least to an exhibit 10 contract to get him on the Squadron. If EJ gets a full deal, hoping Butler can play well enough for that 2-way.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Is that Dyson shooting 3's in the background of this interview? Looks pretty good if it is.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    Is that Dyson shooting 3's in the background of this interview? Looks pretty good if it is.
    Sure is.
    Vinson has waived his magic already and its only been 1 week.

..........que MM in 1,2,3 lol

It's not exactly stunning for a NBA player to make wide open shots in practice. But it is nice to see that his corner jumper is looking pretty good. If he plays a lot of off ball early in his career, that's probably where they'll want him. It looks like his biggest struggle comes from the top of the key, which makes sense since that's the longest shot. Presumably as he gets stronger that shot becomes easier for him to make.

https://www.weareiowa.com/article/sp...e-19584843251c

This article is one of over 25 separate articles regarding Brockington signing an Exhibit 10 contract. Classic inaccurate information from sports media.

And most of you are saying he has no chance and why the big deal. I would suggest watching this guy against tough teams, including the final 64. That is why I am excited And no, I don't expect he will make roster but certainly is a candidate for the G-League. (For some reason all he got was a pro-day which immediately put him on the radar, which I don't understand)
    Last edited by Lee2000; 07-06-2022 at 08:36 AM.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee2000 View Post
    https://www.weareiowa.com/article/sp...e-19584843251c

This article is one of over 25 separate articles regarding Brockington signing an Exhibit 10 contract. Classic inaccurate information from sports media.

And most of you are saying he has no chance and why the big deal. I would suggest watching this guy against tough teams, including the final 64. That is why I am excited And no, I don't expect he will make roster but certainly is a candidate for the G-League. (For some reason all he got was a pro-day which immediately put him on the radar, which I don't understand)
    He’s under an exhibit 10, so he doesn?t have to play summer league. I expect him for training camp. He could have suffered an injury or something and won’t be ready for summer league.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    He’s under an exhibit 10, so he doesn?t have to play summer league. I expect him for training camp. He could have suffered an injury or something and won’t be ready for summer league.
    So the type of contract (Exhibit 10) gives him more flexibility than the guys that just signed to play in the summer league? He is not on the official team site roster for summer league.

Thread Information