Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Rumor - Pelicans listening to offers for #8

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I'm fairly sure it was draft him then trade to Dallas
    Haven’t heard that one. What was the deal

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Haven?t heard that one. What was the deal
    Mac has gone over it quite a few times. I can't remember if he specified the exact deal, but apparently there was a deal in place

It was pretty lame IIRC

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    The Pels had no idea why he was falling and were considering passing on him at 13 because they were afraid of the unknown reasoning behind the fall.
    And they later found out he fell because he yanked his way to Sacto. And they weren?t ?considering? passing on him. They already had the trade agreed to with Dallas if he was there at 13. All facts
    @mcnamara247

Scared money don’t make money. If I have one thing I disagree with re: the front office philosophy is they want the known too much. The known is nice but you pay full price for the known. You gotta gamble big to win big and be fine with losing sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    And they later found out he fell because he yanked his way to Sacto. And they weren?t ?considering? passing on him. They already had the trade agreed to with Dallas if he was there at 13. All facts
    Can you elaborate on the Sacto thing?

I feel like that needs a pretty big deep dive

No-one in the lottery forces their way to Sacramento without some sort of story

He wanted a place where he could be a centerpiece. Also wanted the challenge of taking a team that hadn’t won in years to prominence. Why he was so upset when they traded him.

He wanted a place where he could be a centerpiece. Also wanted the challenge of taking a team that hadn’t won in years to prominence. Why he was so upset when they traded him.
    I know that #Pelslife is a thing

But no fan base has suffered more than Sacramento's has over the last 20 - 25 years

Is Vivek still calling the shots?
    Last edited by AusPel; 06-12-2022 at 01:27 PM.

Seems like a weird thing for my buddy in the FO to lie about cut maybe he didn’t like the trade we had in place

Don’t know if he is lying or not privy to the truth info. But it was agreed to. And for those who remember, Woj’s first tweet was actually that the Mavs had traded up to 13. Then, a minute later he said the Pels would be selecting Kira

It’s because Dallas had told him the deal was agreed to contingent on their guy being there and Woj wasn’t told it was off. Trying to beat Shams, he went with the trade tweet, then Dallas guy told him their guy was taken. Woj corrected himself a minute later

Don’t know if he is lying or not privy to the truth info. But it was agreed to. And for those who remember, Woj’s first tweet was actually that the Mavs had traded up to 13. Then, a minute later he said the Pels would be selecting Kira

It’s because Dallas had told him the deal was agreed to contingent on their guy being there and Woj wasn’t told it was off. Trying to beat Shams, he went with the trade tweet, then Dallas guy told him their guy was taken. Woj corrected himself a minute later
    All I remember is that Pels were taking calls on 13

Then after about 6, 7, 8 minutes we selected Kira

I don't remember the Mavs trading up to 13 Tweet

But I vaguely do? I dunno

All I remember is that Pels were taking calls on 13

Then after about 6, 7, 8 minutes we selected Kira

I don't remember the Mavs trading up to 13 Tweet

But I vaguely do? I dunno
    Then tried really hard to get back in around 17 for Isaiah Stewart but got no bites

That part is correct. They loved Stewart and liked Bey in event of a trade back. All this I said on my pod two days after the draft. My best guess is your friend is telling you they wouldn’t have traded the pick because of how dumb it looks now in retrospect

That part is correct. They loved Stewart and liked Bey in event of a trade back. All this I said on my pod two days after the draft. My best guess is your friend is telling you they wouldn’t have traded the pick because of how dumb it looks now in retrospect
    If they loved Stewart, then Duren is definitely getting a massive rock on his finger
    Last edited by AusPel; 06-12-2022 at 02:15 PM.

Correct. Again, something I told you guys a few weeks ago. Don’t rule him out if we slight trade back. Hayes is a long term write off and they are still looking for that long term rim protector and rebounder

One of the things they loved about Stewart was his shooting upside. Don’t really see that with Duren

Correct. But remember, they have a coach that can fix shooting lolololo

Yea he also just doesn’t tell me everything so it’s possible he was leaving out some details

Correct. Again, something I told you guys a few weeks ago. Don’t rule him out if we slight trade back. Hayes is a long term write off and they are still looking for that long term rim protector and rebounder
    What's the benefits of trading back right now, when we are virtually in competing mode?

Shouldn't all chips be consolidated?

What's the argument for dilution?
    Last edited by AusPel; 06-12-2022 at 01:51 PM.

Correct. But remember, they have a coach that can fix shooting lolololo
    Lol well it does sound like Vinson writes off on these guys as to whether he thinks he sees something in their mechanics. I think his word goes a long way in the draft room

What's the benefits of trading back right now, when we are virtually in competing mode?

The argument would be that the REAL over the top move will come via trade at some point. And if that is the case, you want as many future picks as possible for that moment.

If you think this guy will be a 5th piece regardless - be it Daniels or Branham, etc…then you would argue to trade back and get future picks for the final big move where you get that last big piece to add to Zion and Bi

The argument would be that the REAL over the top move will come via trade at some point. And if that is the case, you want as many future picks as possible for that moment.

If you think this guy will be a 5th piece regardless - be it Daniels or Branham, etc…then you would argue to trade back and get future picks for the final big move where you get that last big piece to add to Zion and Bi
    Not all future picks are created equal, which is a massive variable in of itself

Not all future picks are created equal, which is a massive variable in of itself
    Exactly, which is why I would rather have 13 and 15 from Charlotte, above 11 and the Dallas 2023 1st.

To get future picks so they can use it to fix the mistakes they have done and for the mistakes they will be doing

Buying more time for the right move. Just because you’re in competing mode doesn’t mean you have to rush the process.

Haliburton was my sleeper pick for Golden State that year. That would've been scary.

Thread Information