Pelicans Report

Thread: Trade for Brogdon?

Trade Idea Trade for Brogdon?

Would you give up the #8 and Graham (+filler if req.) for Brogdon? Do you think either side needs more in that deal? Owed $22m/yr for next 3 yrs. His value around the league and within Pacers appears to be at its nadir (with good reason: very poor injury history).

Quote Originally Posted by b_l_p View Post
    Would you give up the #8 and Graham (+filler if req.) for Brogdon? Do you think either side needs more in that deal? Owed $22m/yr for next 3 yrs. His value around the league and within Pacers appears to be at its nadir (with good reason: very poor injury history).
    No not straight up like that. I would for future first, future pick swap, and Graham. Would be risky but two of the smartest players at the one and 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don;t think Brogdon is worth his contract and his contract is too large for the role he'd have on this team. Plus he'd inevitably be taking minutes from Jose whom I want to see keep his backup PG role. Plus Brogdon has a pretty considerable injury history now.

Not sure what Brogdon has done (over the course of his career) to deserve all of the love that he's getting. Good player, but is he worth the 8 (+filler)?

Plus he'd be coming off the bench... we can draft and develop THAT guy at 8, and use the filler to fill out the bench.

No for one reason

We need cost controlled talent

Honestly... A fair trade is Graham for Brogdon straight up. Brogdon got no value at the moment.

Pacer should of done moved him.

A hard pass.

Brogdon is a good player but he misses too many games, that's the last thing this team needs

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    No for one reason

We need cost controlled talent
    Agreed!! Way too costly for a fourth or fifth option; plus, this team has too many 'missed games' on its roster already to take on another one.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Man, I would do backflips. Could not be a bigger Brogdon fan. Understand the injury issues though.

The Franchise
    For the money give me Sexton. He’s younger, faster, and seems like a better scorer. I haven’t watched either enough to put all my money on it but what I did see of Sexton, I liked. Staggering him and CJ would give us some scoring at the guard spot at all times and closing, who do you guard between Sexton, CJ, BI, and Zion.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    For the money give me Sexton. He’s younger, faster, and seems like a better scorer. I haven’t watched either enough to put all my money on it but what I did see of Sexton, I liked. Staggering him and CJ would give us some scoring at the guard spot at all times and closing, who do you guard between Sexton, CJ, BI, and Zion.
    The defense would leak like a sieve.

Quote Originally Posted by b_l_p View Post
    Yeah ok.
    There is no way and I hope that David Griffin wouldn't be stupid enough to pay the lux tax by adding Brogdon.
    Those moves are for home runs. Brogdon isn't a home run.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    The defense would leak like a sieve.
    Your right, Zion would have to take a huge step up and BI play as well as last year, and Herb could be the last guy. It could also be situational especially if we are ahead since all shoot 70+ percent from the line.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Back when he was on Milwaukee I wanted him. Now I’m just kinda lukewarm and feel he costs too much and would take too much to acquire.

As someone who has loved and wanted Brogdon for years, where do the minutes come from?
    Welcome to be here

He's almost 30 and still cannot stay healthy. Hard pass.

Thread Information