Pelicans Report

Thread: CJ's NEW GIG!!!

CJ's NEW GIG!!!

ESPN has announced that CJ McCollum has been hired as a Basketball and Sports Analyst!! He makes his network debut on Thursday!! Maybe he can offset some of the JJ and SVG negative slant.

https://www.wwltv.com/article/sports...ipWW0NQ3WMC9Vk

JJ and SVG negative slant? I know I haven't watched a ton of the ESPN coverage, but every time I hear either of them talk, I've never heard them say negative things about the city or organization

Season Ticket Holder
    Negative slant? Lol.

The entire NBA media reversed course with our playoff run. Imagine that! Team loses and everyone in the media is negative. Team wins and everyone in the media heaps praise. Yes, a disproportionate number of high-profile members of the NBA media are Knicks fans who want to actively get Zion to the Knicks. But other than that, I don't see JJ or SVG being overly negative towards the Pelicans.

SVG is good at his TV job. We should re-hire him to our broadcast team.

I haven't heard Redick say anything negative regarding the Pels since he went off on Griff a while ago. SVG doesn't even mention the Pelicans.

I'm happy for CJ though... he positioning himself for that smooth transition into his after-basketball life.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    I haven't heard Redick say anything negative regarding the Pels since he went off on Griff a while ago. SVG doesn't even mention the Pelicans.

I'm happy for CJ though... he positioning himself for that smooth transition into his after-basketball life.

That's great for CJ!

JJ took one or two shots at the FO and I cant remember SVG taking any shots at us. No need to play the victim to "national media"
    Welcome to be here

Nobody wants to talk about Jose’s new gig. LOL

Jose has been popping up all over the place. That cameo on TNT was cool.

Jose already has more marketability in his first year than AD had in his tenure here in New Orleans lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelsfan504 View Post
    Jose already has more marketability in his first year than AD had in his tenure here in New Orleans lol.
    More marketable than Zion as of right now too.

Gayle Benson inc. realizing we can still market this team if Zion don’t sign extension

CJ on First TAKE

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    CJ on First TAKE
    Killing Stephen A. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Killing Stephen A. Love it.
    Although he did have to piggyback off of JJ. Props to JJ for sacking up on Screamin' A and to CJ for carrying the torch

How lucky are we to have CJ? He chose to come here, he has embraced the city and team, and his leadership and attitude is perfect for the youth and talent we have. By all appearances he has helped cement Zion staying in New Orleans and is now embracing the rookies. I have never been this excited for our franchise and it has as much to do for the apparent chemistry and character of the team as the talent

https://www.nola.com/sports/pelicans...e39fa53d4.html

Thread Information