Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Rank Thes Outcomes

Rank These Outcomes

Pretty simple, rank these 10 potential outcomes from most personally desired to least

Trade Up

1. Package 8 and next years pick (with Lakers swap rights) to 4 or 5 for Sharpe
    2. Package 8 and next years pick (with Lakers swap rights) to 4 or 5 for Ivey
    3. Package 8 and next years pick (with Lakers swap rights) to 4 or 5 for Murray

Stay at 8

1. Take Mathurin
    2. Take Daniels
    3. Take Sochan

Trade Down

1. Trade 8 for 11 and Mavs 2023 1st. Take AJ Griffin
    2. Trade 8 for 11 and Mavs 2023 1st. Take Ousmane Dieng
    3. Trade 8, 41, and 53 and Devonte Graham for 12, 30, and 34. Take Dieng, draft and stash Ismael Kamagate, draft Marjon Beauchamp
    4. Trade 8, 41, and 51 for 13 and 15. Draft Mark Williams and Malaki Branham
    Last edited by MichaelMcNamara; 05-28-2022 at 08:22 PM.
    @mcnamara247

Me, personally, it goes:

1. Trade up for Sharpe
    2. Draft Daniels
    3. Trade up for Ivey
    4. Trade up for Murray
    5. Trade down to 11 for Dieng
    6. Trade down to 12 for Dieng
    7. Take Sochan
    8. Take Mathurin
    9. Trade to Charlotte for Williams and Branham
    10. Trade down for Griffin

And yes, these are what I feel are the most likely pathways based on intel. Move up for one of those 3 guys, if Pels stay, those would be the guys they would debate between, and a slight trade down would be because they like the guys I listed as well but wouldnt take them at 8

I like your trade down offers, just not the players you have us taking with them. I like the trade down with Charlotte idea somewhat, but I'd want someone better than Branham. You could take Williams at 15, because if he's on the board at 13, then he'll be there at 15 because Cavs aren't drafting another big man. So at 11 and 13 I feel like one of Daniels, Mathurin, Davis, Sochan, Dieng will be there. If you gave me Davis and Williams I like that option much more. Or trading down with Knicks and getting Davis or Mathurin instead of Griffin.

But I'll stick with the options as you made them, so my ranking would be:
    1. Trade up for Ivey
    2. Trade up for Sharpe
    3. Draft Daniels
    4. Draft Mathurin
    5. Trade down to 12 for Dieng and others
    6. Draft Sochan
    7. Trade up for Murray
    8. Trade down to 11 for Dieng
    9. Trade down with Charlotte for Williams and Branham

They like Branham better than Davis. Again, these are based off what they like. Not my preferences. If it was my top 10, Griffin wouldn’t be one of the options

Mac, I'm all in on your 5th choice. Why?

I think Dieng can be special and we can afford to wait a little on his development (JAX notwithstanding). Also, Dallas is a Luka-injury away from being a lottery team in next year's loaded draft. The west will be stacked. (GSW, Suns, Mem, Nuggets, Jazz, T'Wolves, Pels, Clippers (healthy), Lakers (healthy), never count Pop out in SA, and despite them being the Kings, they have the pieces required to compete) The '23 Dallas pick could be a ping pong ball away next year from being special. If not, the Dallas pick, packaged with our own pick, could help us move up in the draft.

As you have astutely pointed out, minutes will be hard to come by next year (barring the flight of Zion). So trading up is a major ? for me.
    Last edited by As I See It; 05-28-2022 at 09:38 AM.

Trade up or down or sideways, you are drafting the guy for 2025-2032. Always. In every case

1. Package 8 and next years pick (with Lakers swap rights) to 4 or 5 for Murray
    2. Package 8 and next years pick (with Lakers swap rights) to 4 or 5 for Sharpe
    3. Take Mathurin at 8
    4. Package 8 and next years pick (with Lakers swap rights) to 4 or 5 for Ivey
    5. Take Daniels at 8
    6. Take Sochan at 8
    7. Trade 8 for 11 and Mavs 2023 1st. Take AJ Griffin
    8. Trade 8 for 11 and Mavs 2023 1st. Take Ousmane Dieng
    9. Trade 8, 41, and 53 and Devonte Graham for 12, 30, and 34. Take Dieng, draft and stash Ismael Kamagate, draft Marjon Beauchamp
    10. Trade 8, 41, and 51 for 13 and 15. Draft Mark Williams and Malaki Branham

I think Murray is the closest thing to the guy they really want (Jabari), and I think they'll move up to take him. I'm sure ONE of their targets will be available at 8 if they're not able to trade up for the guy they REALLY want, so I don't see a scenario where they trade back.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    They like Branham better than Davis. Again, these are based off what they like. Not my preferences. If it was my top 10, Griffin wouldn’t be one of the options
    Jesus, that's disheartening. I think Davis fits this culture to a T. I really like him for this team. Branham, not so much.

Interesting that just including 1 future pick, could jump Pels from 8 to 4 or 5. I guess the '23 pick has extra value since it's getting 2 chances at injury fall-out lottery odds (better of Pels or Lakers). But I could see those fan bases saying 'no way that's enough for that prospect drop-off.' Think it could cost at least 1 other future 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    Jesus, that's disheartening. I think Davis fits this culture to a T. I really like him for this team. Branham, not so much.
    Thank God your are not the GM lol
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Interesting that just including 1 future pick, could jump Pels from 8 to 4 or 5. I guess the '23 pick has extra value since it's getting 2 chances at injury fall-out lottery odds (better of Pels or Lakers). But I could see those fan bases saying 'no way that's enough for that prospect drop-off.' Think it could cost at least 1 other future 1st.
    I think there is a very good chance that pick is a lotto pick. Odds that both Lakers and Pels make the top 8 in the West are pretty low IMO

I think there is a very good chance that pick is a lotto pick. Odds that both Lakers and Pels make the top 8 in the West are pretty low IMO
    That would definitely be ideal. Get a top talent in this draft, and still keep the valuable LAL '24/'25 pick.

I haven't heard much talk about how Ivey would fit on the Pels. Sounds like he's not atop the 'character' rankings, and we assume we won't have a chance at him at #8. But #4/5 is definitely more attainable than top-3. The irony of adding a player so similar to Morant would be golden. If the cost is just next year's pick, it sounds like a no-brainer to move up for Ivey or Sharpe.

1. Trade up sharpe
    2. Sochan
    3. Trade up Ivey
    4. Dyson
    5.Trade up Murray
    6. Trade down for Dieng at 11
    7. Trade up for Murray
    8.Devontae Graham Dieng Trade
    9.Mathurin
    10.Griffin

What pick is Agabaji going?

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    What pick is Agabaji going?
    Are you under the impression that someone here is from the future? If so, lemme get lotto numbers!!

...future readings indicate... Agabaji will go #19 to Minnesota: https://fanspo.com/nba/s/pelicans/mo...D_7OhXe2Nt/yes
    Last edited by Rheem654; 05-28-2022 at 12:19 PM.

Are you under the impression that someone here is from the future? If so, lemme get lotto numbers!!
    Haha, you know I meant the projected range

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I dont have enough knowledge of the players to have an opinion, but my main thing is I would not like the Pelicans to draft a developmental player. Not interested in using the pick on a guy who will blossom years from now on another team after his rookie contract is over.

1. Trade up for Murray
    2. Draft Daniels
    3. Trade up for Ivey
    4. Trade up for Sharpe
    5. Take Sochan
    6. Take Benny the Butcher
    7. Trade to Charlotte for Mark Williams and Brenham
    8. Trade back for Dieng
    9. Trade back for Dieng pt 2

Btw I don't think Daniels is there at 8 when we pick. Here is my draft prediction:

1. Orl- Chet
    2. Thunder- Paolo
    3. Rockets - Jabari
    4. Detroit via trade for Grant- Sharpe
    5. Detroit- Murray
    6. Indy- Daniels
    7. Knicks via Randle, Quickly - Ivey
    8. Know idea what we will do in this scenario. Any guesses?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    TU for Ivey
    TU for Sharpe
    Sochan
    Daniels
    Matherin
    TD for Dieng
    TD for Grffin

TD for Duren

I don’t know enough about the other cats just yet.

I don't love anyone at 4/5/6 enough to trade a future pick. Lebron and/or AD could miss chunks of time and then that's another lottery pick. I like Sochan and Daniels enough that I'd stick with adding one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Btw I don't think Daniels is there at 8 when we pick. Here is my draft prediction:

1. Orl- Chet
    2. Thunder- Paolo
    3. Rockets - Jabari
    4. Detroit via trade for Grant- Sharpe
    5. Detroit- Murray
    6. Indy- Daniels
    7. Knicks via Randle, Quickly - Ivey
    8. Know idea what we will do in this scenario. Any guesses?
    Even if Daniels was on the board, Mathurin would be our pick in that scenario as of today

Quote Originally Posted by Eyquem View Post
    I don't love anyone at 4/5/6 enough to trade a future pick. Lebron and/or AD could miss chunks of time and then that's another lottery pick. I like Sochan and Daniels enough that I'd stick with adding one of them.
    Thats how we will always feel before the draft. 2-3 years from now, we will always wish we traded a mere first to get to that range and draft X player.

Even if Daniels was on the board, Mathurin would be our pick in that scenario as of today
    So they have Mathurin rated over Daniels. Interesting tidbit. Mathurin could be the riser, go 4-7, causing someone else to fall to 8 (Daniels, Murray, Sharpe).

Thread Information