Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jaxson Haye's next contract

He's going to make $6.8MM in '22-23 and QO will be either ~$7MM or 9MM the next year...it would take an extremely mature and self aware individual to willingly take a cut in pay at age 24. Those don't strike me as likely descriptions of a 24 year old Jaxson Hayes.

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    He's going to make $6.8MM in '22-23 and QO will be either ~$7MM or 9MM the next year...it would take an extremely mature and self aware individual to willingly take a cut in pay at age 24. Those don't strike me as likely descriptions of a 24 year old Jaxson Hayes.
    "they can suck my"

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    For $7m in 2023/24 - I keep Jaxson unless his salary is needed to get us something clearly better. This thread clarified things for me in that regard. The team has asked him to put in specific work this summer, if they're happy with what he's doing I don't see them being eager to do anything with Jaxson other than waiting to see how the first half of the season goes.

We're all hoping for health, but who in our frontcourt has demonstrated that they're capable of staying healthy? At his worst, Jaxson is a necessary depth piece, and allows you to limit the minutes of multiple other guys that have never been healthy; guys that you actually want to depend on in the playoffs. At this best, be takes a step forward, is a key rotation piece, and a positive trade asset going into the summer or starting next season.

Thread Information