Pelicans Report

Thread: Pelicans Podcasts

Season Ticket Holder

Pelicans Podcasts

If you post here, you're likely obsessed with the Pelicans, so you listen to Pelicans Podcasts. Most of em suck. Let's discuss.

1. In the NO. This one's the best of the bunch, but they don't post shows nearly enough. Really good analysis. Good hosts.

2. Locked on Pelicans. Good info here, but a really tough listen at times. The host is continually repeating himself. He tells you what's coming up in the next segment, he tells you what he told you in the previous segment, he tells you about other podcasts and sponsors and oh my God, half of his show is the guy either repeating himself or reading advertisements. But the 10 minutes of actual Pels content is really good.

3. Pro Pels Talk. This show sucks. They just posted a new episode the titled "A podcast dedicated to herb Jones" and it was an hour of complaining about Herb not getting All-defense. Complaining about the voters, and the voting process and they bored me to tears. Ive listened to a few of their shows, but they're not nearly as informed about the team as 1/2 of the posters here.

4. Bird Calls. They are kinda meh.

What shows are any good?

EDIT: I just realized I'm a dummy who misspelled "Podcasts" in the title of this thread.
    Last edited by Upper Decker; 05-23-2022 at 09:59 AM.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    In the NO is the best, but like you said they don't upload enough.

Locked on Pelicans is a tough listen. To many ads for such a short show, to much saying saying what's going to be discussed during the show, and honestly I think Jake is pretty robotic and scripted.

Haven't listened to the other two. I mostly just enjoy NBA pods. The Lowe Post, The Mistmatch, Ryen Rusillo, Game Theory, I even enjoy Bill Simmon's pod and his Book of Basketball pod.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    In the NO is the best, but like you said they don't upload enough.

Locked on Pelicans is a tough listen. To many ads for such a short show, to much saying saying what's going to be discussed during the show, and honestly I think Jake is pretty robotic and scripted.

Haven't listened to the other two. I mostly just enjoy NBA pods. The Lowe Post, The Mistmatch, Ryen Rusillo, Game Theory, I even enjoy Bill Simmon's pod and his Book of Basketball pod.
    It's a shame that Jake Madison is not open to constructive criticism because I think his show can be better if he wasn't so sensitive. He comes off kinda burnt out and I'm sure doing a show everyday while maintaining work life balance is a challenge but I believe he should pass it off to someone new.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

It's a shame MM ended his podcast because it was up there with In The No.

Obviously biased towards In the NO but I also like the one with the two guys who are brothers. They need to have better energy but their content is good

More podcasts leads to the need to click bait. Look at some of the titles and topics Jake has. Meanwhile, Shamit just does one when it’s organic and has enough things to talk about. More does not equal better
    @mcnamara247

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Obviously biased towards In the NO but I also like the one with the two guys who are brothers. They need to have better energy but their content is good

More podcasts leads to the need to click bait. Look at some of the titles and topics Jake has. Meanwhile, Shamit just does one when it’s organic and has enough things to talk about. More does not equal better
    What brothers? You're not helping. Lol.

Yes, more does not equal better, but I still think they can do more. I want my cake and eat it too.

Maybe Pels Pod with the Rattler brothers? Listened to them a few times and they were solid.

Shamit is also doing more shorter video stuff through Youtube and posts about it on Twitter. He did one on Mo Bamba earlier today that was solid.
    Welcome to be here

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Yeah, pretty sure Mac is referring to Pels Pod with the Rattler brothers. Ran by the NOF Network. I like them as well.

In the NO and Pels Pod

There's no way the Pelicans warrant a daily podcast

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    I need to update my avatar ��

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I listen to The Bird Calls a bit. Mainly because I know Grubb in person. We?d co-host an 1230AM sports show together when Ro Brown wasn?t available.

I really like Pels Pod. No one else has really stuck out to me in a positive or negative way.

Not Pels-only, but Polk and Kush is generally entertaining.

Pels Pod is my favorite..those guys are legit. I like Jake on Locked On but those ad's are crazy lol

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

The brothers are really good.

Pros pel talk is good casual Pels talk.
    In the No is more deep informative basketball talk
    Locked In Pels is a quick causal informative approach
    MM pod was for weirdos lol

It's all based on what you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I listen to The Bird Calls a bit. Mainly because I know Grubb in person. We?d co-host an 1230AM sports show together when Ro Brown wasn?t available.

I really like Pels Pod. No one else has really stuck out to me in a positive or negative way.
    Grubb is my guy and we chatted lightly on Twitter but dude has to find ways on how to talk to grown men without being too confrontational lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Grubb is my guy and we chatted lightly on Twitter but dude has to find ways on how to talk to grown men without being too confrontational lol.
    I can't really listen to The Bird Calls often for two reason: one is the audio quality is horrible and really grating to listen to. The other is Grubb. He's hyper confrontational. Nothing irritates me more than when one of the other hosts attempts to make a point, and he starts railroading them before they can even complete their point. I always find myself yelling at my radio/computer saying, "Dude! Shut up and let him finish his point before you rebutt!"

I like Shamit and Mason but it sounds like they’re talking through tin cans connected with string. Can they pony-up for some good mics? Also, one of em has their cell on the desk and it’s constantly buzzing with every text/email/call they get.

I'll say that I might be one of the few who genuinely enjoys listening to Jake on Locked On. Yes, the ad reads are long and annoying, but I've learned to skip forward 2 minutes to get back to content. Sometimes it feels he's reaching really hard for content, but when you are expected to put out a daily podcast, it can be tough. That's on the Locked On network more than Jake, though.

Regarding In the NO, Shamit and Mason are still my favorites to listen to, but I must admit the wait between episodes has gotten to where I kind of forget about them and don't notice when they publish new stuff. I can't tell you the number of times this season I'd have loved to hear the two of them give there thoughts on something that was happening, but they were nowhere to be found. That being said, I do still try to listen when I notice they released a new pod.

I've enjoyed the Pels Pod episodes I've heard so far, but I admit I haven't listened to all of them.

Bird Calls has a lot guys I like to hear the opinions of, but the audio quality + Grubb shouting people down turns me off of that one

Pro Pels Talk just doesn't feel like much special.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy View Post
    I like Shamit and Mason but it sounds like they’re talking through tin cans connected with string. Can they pony-up for some good mics? Also, one of em has their cell on the desk and it’s constantly buzzing with every text/email/call they get.
    Seconded. The only pod that has really good sound quality is Locked On, honestly. Pels Pod is okay

Its crazy... I saw a video thumbnail for a "In the No" pod this morning on Youtube I had never seen it before. I didn't know what it was... I thought it was just another wannabe podcaster with rehashed content. Since you guys swear by it I'll give it a look/listen.

I listen to podcasts on YouTube. Lol

So it's Jake for me. Gonna check out Pels Pod. Is Shamit on YouTube? I can't find him
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Yeah, my dude can be like that. I am and always have been the more laid back and chill of “radio personalities.”

Thread Information