Pelicans Report

Page 56 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1466

Thread: 2022 NBA Draft Lottery

Good thing we have someone to give us a scoop. Finally!!
    @mcnamara247

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Hmm

Have to assume that takes Atlanta out of the running for 7, which is positive news. I’m not sure Portland is done, but don’t see them pairing Collins with Grant

Chips beginning to fall. Surprised Grant was that cheap honestly.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post

Have to assume that takes Atlanta out of the running for 7, which is positive news. I’m not sure Portland is done, but don’t see them pairing Collins with Grant
    So, they got Jerami Grant for the pick we got from Milwaukee (and traded to them in the CJ deal)? Seems like a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    So, they got Jerami Grant for the pick we got from Milwaukee (and traded to them in the CJ deal)? Seems like a bargain.
    Especially because, I may be misremembering here so someone please correct me if I am, there are protections on that pick anyway so even if it ends up being excellent somehow (top 5?) it then conveys as 2 second rounders instead and we get the pick.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I just can’t get their on Dieng. I see the upside and understand the allure, but at our slot I’m not sure how heavily that weighs into my decision. There would be several guys after Daniels and Mathurin I would have above Dieng. Sochan would be ahead of all of them.

This international prospect C. Simmons is intriguing, 6'9 athletic shot-blocker, experienced. What's his draft range?

The only 6'9 international C named Cedric Simmons I know is 36 years old

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    The only 6'9 international C named Cedric Simmons I know is 36 years old
    Pelicans/Hornets 2006 draft legend Cedric Simmons. I had a flashback - that was the first offseason I followed the team, the first draft I followed. Wanted Sefolosha or Brewer, we drafted Hilton Armstrong at 12, Cedric Simmons at 15. My brother picked Cedric as his favorite, so I picked Hilton. What a long journey it's been, folks.

So Toronto may move up to 7 with OG.... that would certainly shake things up if they are locked-in on Daniels. But hopefully it's for their Canadian hero, Sharpe.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post

So Toronto may move up to 7 with OG.... that would certainly shake things up if they are locked-in on Daniels. But hopefully it's for their Canadian hero, Sharpe.
    That could be a problem for Daniels to NOLA. I think Toronto likes him.

Toronto likes Daniels and Mathurin. Would not be good for the Pels at all. Need Portland to stay there and take Sharpe

Let's hope Masai holds strong, makes super high extra trade demands for OG, too high for Portland to include extra (future lightly/un- protected picks)

That’s so initial post
    Last edited by coreylaron; 06-22-2022 at 08:37 PM.

Just edit your inital post

I mean, technically, I have Sharpe over Daniels on my board, so I want Sharpe to be there at 8. Just still sounds like there is no desire on our end to take him. Unless everyone in that building is leaking that as a long con to make other teams think they dont want Sharpe. But thats not how this FO usually operates. Its pretty well known who they want at this point. We knew Kira and Trey the day before, and in the weeks leading up

Well that sucks

Anyone else like Badji in the second round? What about Isaiah Mobley? https://youtu.be/j6-Rh2JDRuM

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    If the Pelicans are unintentionally leaking news out of their building in a draft that has a tier ending at 8 and they have the 8th pick... that should really bother all of us. Organizational leaks like this should not be normal. The news coming out of the Pelicans should be that they believe it's an 8 man draft and will happily stay at 8. Loose Lips Sink Ships. Unless a lot of this is a smokescreen, there's no value to the Pelicans in any of this being out there.

Dieng at 8 puts a bad taste in my mouth. Also I dont know anything about these kids and I'm going to cheer for the guy. Cant wait for the draft speculation so we can get to FA speculation, much more fun!
    Welcome to be here

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    No offense but that?s a really bad comp IMO. Show me the games where White grabbed 18 boards. Show me White?s floater game or blocks at the rim. Covington on D and Ingles meets Hart on O is the comp IMO
    In a conference with Morant, Luka, Curry, and Dame. I think Daniels is the perfect counter. Can?t wait to see him go up against those guys on the defensive side of the ball.

If Daniels and Mathurin are gone at 8, and they can't find a trade partner... Unless Murray somehow drops I don't know what else they can do besides take Dieng.

Thread Information