Pelicans Report

Page 45 of 59 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1466

Thread: 2022 NBA Draft Lottery

I feel the same way. I just don’t know which of Mathurin and Daniels will be left. Fine with either but I really want Daniels
    @mcnamara247

Question is, does Griff believe in a diverse investment portfolio?

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    I still do not think Sharpe will be there at 8, so this is all likely a waste of time
    Of only Lakers sucked even harder

#pelslife

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Of only Lakers sucked even harder

#pelslife
    I know you're joking, but I would not be surprised if next year's pick swap has us picking in the top 10 again next year. Maybe even top-5. All it takes is one major injury to a 38 year old Lebron and that team is toast.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I feel the same way. I just don’t know which of Mathurin and Daniels will be left. Fine with either but I really want Daniels
    I get the appeal of Benny now more than I did before. I think Willie can get him to buy in defensively, at which point his ceiling as a 3 and D player is elite. He can't dribble, so it may look something like Jaylen Brown, but he was just the second best player on a finals team.

Daniels is so perfect though if you buy the shot. A 6'8 player who can defend 1-3, connect and playmake, run a little PnR, rebound it really well. Plays the exact type of basketball that Willie demands offensively and defensively

Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    I know you're joking, but I would not be surprised if next year's pick swap has us picking in the top 10 again next year. Maybe even top-5. All it takes is one major injury to a 38 year old Lebron and that team is toast.
    The odds of both of us and LA making the playoffs should be way lower than the odds of one missing it. I am assuming it’s a lotto pick. Back half of lotto, but lotto nonetheless

I think it goes

Smith
    Chet
    Paolo
    Murray
    Ivey
    Mathurin
    Sharpe

Pels take Daniels. Happily, and he is happy too. Would be my guess on how top 8 shakes out if I had to bet right now

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    I just don’t see Indy taking Mathurin with Haliburton, Duarte, Brogden and Hield on the roster(plus others). And I fully realize they could trade Brogden and Hield tomorrow, but I still see them trying to go in a different direction if things shake out as it looks now. Daniels is a little more positionally versatile at least if it were me. Or they could trade back or shock everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    I just don?t see Indy taking Mathurin with Haliburton, Duarte, Brogden and Hield on the roster(plus others). And I fully realize they could trade Brogden and Hield tomorrow, but I still see them trying to go in a different direction if things shake out as it looks now. Daniels is a little more positionally versatile at least if it were me. Or they could trade back or shock everyone.
    Pacers are going full rebuild. Smart teams don't take guys based on who they have now, they base it on their vision for the player in the future.

Mathurin is a pretty ideal fit with Haliburton IMO.

I think it goes

Smith
    Chet
    Paolo
    Murray
    Ivey
    Mathurin
    Sharpe

Pels take Daniels. Happily, and he is happy too. Would be my guess on how top 8 shakes out if I had to bet right now
    Who's picking 7? I thought the field vs Portland would be the field

Also, this would be amazing

I think it goes

Smith
    Chet
    Paolo
    Murray
    Ivey
    Mathurin
    Sharpe

You think Portland takes Sharpe? That would be interesting. Or are you expecting Portland to trade the 7th pick/trade down?

And I would love that scenario. If we walk away with any of the top 8 or Sochan, I'm thrilled.

I think Portland takes Sharpe. If they trade, OKC would take Sharpe but Atlanta or Toronto would take Daniels. So I actually hope they don’t trade it

I think Portland takes Sharpe. If they trade, OKC would take Sharpe but Atlanta or Toronto would take Daniels. So I actually hope they don?t trade it
    No way Portland is taking Sharpe. The last thing they need is another guard who can't play defense.

Im a big fan of Daniels so I'd be stoked, just don't see how it helps Portland compete. I could easily see them taking Daniels over Sharpe for the defense.

This is definitely not not a smokescreen of some sort

Quote Originally Posted by PleaseWinPels View Post
    No way Portland is taking Sharpe. The last thing they need is another guard who can't play defense.

Im a big fan of Daniels so I'd be stoked, just don't see how it helps Portland compete. I could easily see them taking Daniels over Sharpe for the defense.
    Be very careful of saying “no way” this time of year. I know it is more alpha to make definitive claims, but you aren’t in their war room. You have no idea

What I do know for fact is that word has spread like crazy over the weekend that they love Sharpe. Made it all the way to two EC teams. Now, maybe they are doing it to entice a trade. Maybe it is real. I won’t pretend like I know for sure

Daniels o/u draft position has now fallen to 7.5. Mathurin remains at 6.5 and Sharpe remains at 7.5

The league thinks the top 5 is set player wise. Just a matter of order.

Sharpe, Mathurin, and Daniels should be the next 3. Sharpe getting serious looks from both 6 and 7. Mathurin from 6 more than 7. Daniels 7 more than 6

Refresh my memory, how 'concrete' was it that we were going to take Murphy leading up to draft day?

Was it less concrete, or pretty similar to who we are (very likely) gonna take this year, should they be there?

I feel like Murphy firmed in the few days leading up, but who we love has been telegraphed a bit sooner this draft
    Last edited by AusPel; 06-21-2022 at 11:54 AM.

Refresh my memory, how 'concrete' was it that we were going to take Murphy leading up to draft day?

Was it less concrete, or pretty similar to who we are gonna take this year, should they be there?
    I feel like I saw that smoke a lot earlier.

Also, Minny has called us about Jax…

Sell, sell, sell

He's always gonna be a sieve defensively playing the 4 or 5

I'm not swayed by a couple flashy blocks when he was in the right place at the right time
    Last edited by AusPel; 06-21-2022 at 11:58 AM.

How excited were you to hear that? It does seem like he and the team would be best served with a fresh start elsewhere.

Nance needs to be getting all of Jax's minutes until Jax wants to rebound and defend

Sell, sell, sell

He's always gonna be a sieve defensively playing the 4 or 5

I'm not swayed by a couple flashy blocks when he was in the right place at the right time
    His bball IQ is trash. Freak athlete but man...

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    His bball IQ is trash. Freak athlete but man...
    Couldn't agree more

If an opponent is about to dunk on him, or has a head full of steam downhill, watch him run the other way
    Last edited by AusPel; 06-21-2022 at 12:10 PM.

Thread Information