Pelicans Report

Page 44 of 59 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1466

Thread: 2022 NBA Draft Lottery

The ONLY problem with acquiring Cam Johnson is his pending contract. It wouldn't be a problem if we didn't/don't have so many other guys coming up for new deals, but Cam is perfect for what we need. A wing that can both defend and shoot at a high level, and can also play some small ball 4. The spacing that Cam and Trey could provide for Zion and JV would be crazy, but I don't know how we pull this off financially.

As much as I'd love to get Cam here I don't see it happening... hoping for Murry or Mathurin at 8.

Yea I was not speaking to you directly. I think he’s an elite shooter that gives you some things defensively and has a budding off the dribble game that may or may not ever come to fruition. If he’s over 20 mil a year, I’m out. But I’d absolutely be willing to pay 15 per year for the shooting alone. I’d need to get off of Graham in the deal or a septa rate deal as well

I wouldn't trade the pick for Cam... i would do it for Bridges though, the thing is his new contract kicks in next season at 20mil

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    I wouldn't trade the pick for Cam... i would do it for Bridges though, the thing is his new contract kicks in next season at 20mil
    I mean, no kidding. Would you trade it for Booker? Lol
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by Algiersraised View Post
    We need a facilitator someone who can set the halfcourt offense so we not just taking tough shots all game
    Shots fired at CJ.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I mean, no kidding. Would you trade it for Booker? Lol
    No, i hate his face...lol

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    He already have Cam Johnson, but his name is Trey
    I agree with this. But then then again you can't have too many shooters.

I think the contract, not the minutes, is the issue with Cam. Guys get hurt and miss games. Especially this bunch. The minutes will work themselves out. I'd rather add a young player on a rookie contract than a dude about to get PAID.

Season Ticket Holder
    No, i hate his face...lol
    And that "Be Legendary" stuff is corny. What does that even mean? Just play good basketball, dummy.

I’m not even a we need more shooting guy because I think the numbers are skewed from pre-CJ and no Trey, but it’s not every day that a 43% shooter on high volume who’s pretty decent defensively comes available. Again, if he agrees to 4/60 or something like that prior to the trade, it’s a no brainer for me

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Cam Johnson? I mean, I?d take him with zero hesitation?if the salary cap wasn?t a thing. As of now, if we?re adding a young veteran who needs a contract of significance, I want someone bigger or with more smaller player skills.

Teams selecting behind the New Orleans Pelicans have painted them as a trade-down candidate, particularly with OKC at No. 12, if New Orleans officials' prioritized targets are not still on the board at No. 8. Rivals believe Dyson Daniels and Bennedict Mathurin are the Pelicans' top choices in that slot.
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...yn?share=other

Fischer confirming what MM has been telling us. We're gonna get Mathurin or Daniels and if they're both gone, who knows
    Welcome to be here

Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    And that "Be Legendary" stuff is corny. What does that even mean? Just play good basketball, dummy.
    The joke flew right over your head dummy

Suns' employee to Givony / Fischer: "Man, we'd really like to get a top pick, maybe from New Orleans since Willie likes Cam. Yea, start floating that out there, and I'll keep being a quotable NBA front office source for you."

Yea really doesn't make sense as a stand-alone trade. But, this could be the initial smoke that builds and morphs into a much more complex trade involving a 3rd team, future draft-picks, trade-downs. Or just a total smokescreen wish... Let's hope that's the case...

Season Ticket Holder
    The joke flew right over your head dummy
    I have my moments for sure. Please enlighten me.

So, everyone says no and one guy says yes. Lets try to flip it -- What would it take for you to say yes? I will go first:

First of all, Dyson, the three bigs, Murray, and Ivey would have to be off the board. Then,

Charlotte gets 8 and Hayes

Suns get Temple, 15, and 53 (to sell to help pay Ayton), Celtics 2024 2nd via Hornets

Pelicans get Cam Johnson, 13, 41

Hornets can double down on bigs or they can make Hayes their big and take Sharpe to pair with LaMelo. Suns use 15 to get a cost controlled guy as they pay Ayton. Pels grab Mark Williams or Branham at 13, use 41 and 45 to move up to top of 2nd round. Say you get Braun. You basically replaced Temple, Hayes, and Snell from last years roster with Cam Johnson, Mark Williams, and Braun. I wouldnt hate that.

But I'd still rather the Pels just have the guts to take Sharpe. However, I would prefer the above to taking Dieng at 8.

Quote Originally Posted by neitzelbaby12 View Post
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...yn?share=other

Fischer confirming what MM has been telling us. We're gonna get Mathurin or Daniels and if they're both gone, who knows
    Couldnt be. I am full of hot air. All fake. LOLOLOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Suns' employee to Givony / Fischer: "Man, we'd really like to get a top pick, maybe from New Orleans since Willie likes Cam. Yea, start floating that out there, and I'll keep being a quotable NBA front office source for you."

Yea really doesn't make sense as a stand-alone trade. But, this could be the initial smoke that builds and morphs into a much more complex trade involving a 3rd team, future draft-picks, trade-downs. Or just a total smokescreen wish... Let's hope that's the case...
    The Bleacher update that I got said that Phoenix would want to trade Cam for the #8 so that they can create cap space for Ayton. So yeah... in a vacuum the trade looks terrible for Phoenix but apparently they can't pay Cam (upcoming) and Ayton. Would probably need a 3rd team as you mentioned tho.

The Phoenix Suns are reportedly looking at ways to keep Deandre Ayton despite an unceremonious ending to the season.

Per ESPN's Jonathan Givony, the Suns are among the teams interested in acquiring the No. 8 pick from the New Orleans Pelicans in the 2022 NBA draft and could include "a player like Cameron Johnson in order to free up salary-cap flexibility" to re-sign Ayton.

The Suns currently have $129.2 million in payroll commitments to nine players next season. Team governor Robert Sarver has indicated a willingness to go into the luxury tax if they are in a position to "compete at the highest level" for a championship.
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...yton-cap-space

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    I have my moments for sure. Please enlighten me.
    Oh wait, your hilarious joke that you don't like his face? That was quite the zinger. I was just saying I think the "Be Legendary" phrase is corny and meaningless.

But I'd still rather the Pels just have the guts to take Sharpe. However, I would prefer the above to taking Dieng at 8.
    You always talk about character, basketball IQ, drive as the X factor. Doesn't Sharpe scream red flags in all of those areas? Dude comes across dumb as ******** and seems to have moron handlers too.

Quote Originally Posted by ULsaint View Post
    You always talk about character, basketball IQ, drive as the X factor. Doesn't Sharpe scream red flags in all of those areas? Dude comes across dumb as ******** and seems to have moron handlers too.
    Have discussed this for weeks. He is doing nothing different than any other prospect is doing, you guys are just hearing about it more. He actually has competed in more multi prospect workouts and visited more places than a lot of guys that you all think have great character. He just didnt agree to work out for your favorite team and therefore there are red flags. Worked out more places than Ivey or Murray. Competed in more workouts than Mathurin.

He didnt play last year, so he sticks out in a weird way. People have almost no tape or intel on him so they nitpick even more out of fear, dissect every quote while not even watching any post workout interviews of other guys. How many Mathurin post workout interviews you all watch? None? Exactly.

Kid is an other wordly talent, and I wont pretend to know the other stuff. Good or bad, I wont pretend. Others are fine pretending they know, I will say I dont and leave that up to the execs who have the resources to meet with him and do background checks

Have discussed this for weeks. He is doing nothing different than any other prospect is doing, you guys are just hearing about it more. He actually has competed in more multi prospect workouts and visited more places than a lot of guys that you all think have great character. He just didnt agree to work out for your favorite team and therefore there are red flags. Worked out more places than Ivey or Murray. Competed in more workouts than Mathurin.

He didnt play last year, so he sticks out in a weird way. People have almost no tape or intel on him so they nitpick even more out of fear, dissect every quote while not even watching any post workout interviews of other guys. How many Mathurin post workout interviews you all watch? None? Exactly.

Kid is an other wordly talent, and I wont pretend to know the other stuff. Good or bad, I wont pretend. Others are fine pretending they know, I will say I dont and leave that up to the execs who have the resources to meet with him and do background checks
    So I'm wondering... is Griff's ONLY problem with the kid is he doesn't think Sharpe is an ultra-competitor? Has to be more than that.

So, everyone says no and one guy says yes. Lets try to flip it -- What would it take for you to say yes? I will go first:

First of all, Dyson, the three bigs, Murray, and Ivey would have to be off the board. Then,

Charlotte gets 8 and Hayes

Suns get Temple, 15, and 53 (to sell to help pay Ayton), Celtics 2024 2nd via Hornets

Pelicans get Cam Johnson, 13, 41

Hornets can double down on bigs or they can make Hayes their big and take Sharpe to pair with LaMelo. Suns use 15 to get a cost controlled guy as they pay Ayton. Pels grab Mark Williams or Branham at 13, use 41 and 45 to move up to top of 2nd round. Say you get Braun. You basically replaced Temple, Hayes, and Snell from last years roster with Cam Johnson, Mark Williams, and Braun. I wouldnt hate that.

In this hypo, I'd probably prefer to kick the can a year. So I'd move off the 13 in order to get an additional pick in next years draft

Pels are exploring all their options in case their top 7 are all gone. But I wish that they would just have the guts to take Sharpe. Even if you don’t plan on keeping him, his trade value in a year or two if you have him show flashes is miles beyond what Cam Johnson on a new contract would be or even what future picks from OKC war chest would be. It would be so easy to get teams to think this could be their franchise wing. Think about it this way — if he had played even 15 games in the G league and showed amazing production and flashes last year, where would he be drafted? I would argue it might be as high as 2 but no lower than 4 or 5.

But because he didn’t play, he now could be had at 8. Jump on that value, even if it’s only to buy low and sell high down the line. Again, 10 or 11 of these lotto picks won’t be on the team that drafts them 5 years from now. It’s doesn’t have to be a pick for the next decade. It’s a stock market. Buy low, sell high

I still do not think Sharpe will be there at 8, so this is all likely a waste of time

Thread Information