Pelicans Report

Page 31 of 59 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 NBA Draft Lottery

Quote Originally Posted by lawless522 View Post
    If memory serves, you were responding to a comment about Sharpe coming in for a visit and said we should be happy because is was going to be a big week. However, you also said that you promised secrecy on the subject, so you couldn't elaborate. After reading that Sharpe didn't visit with us, I was wondering if you could clarify how well the week actually went. That's all. Wasn't running with anything.
    He was super cryptic in that post

Turns out it wasn't that much removed from hot air

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    He was super cryptic in that post

Turns out it wasn't that much removed from hot air
    Wow. All the stuff I have gave and now you overthought something and I am hot air now. You have become one of them. Noted. So disappointing.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Wow. All the stuff I have gave and now you overthought something and I am hot air now. You have become one of them. Noted. So disappointing.
    You said it was gonna be 'a big week'

Pels Brass interviewing a couple other candidates probably wouldn't be viewed as 'a big week' by the garden variety fan

It's something of note, but not really 'big'

Pels Brass interviewing a couple other candidates probably wouldn't be viewed as 'a big week' by the garden variety fan

I think Mac was referring to the week of the draft which is next week. Correct me if I misinterpreted what you said MM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    I think Mac was referring to the week of the draft which is next week. Correct me if I misinterpreted what you said MM.
    He definitely intimated last week was gonna be a big week

Not draft week

Oh my god - one dude said X player was visiting and was excited. I said "You dont know the half of it! Big week"

They had booked many visits and some big ones with multiple guys against each other, which those guys didnt agree to do before then. Because they WANT to be in NOLA. It was/is a BIG time for the team, as they are getting all the info to make a huge decision. Again, info some others arent getting because they arent being granted workouts or medicals, etc.

I wont say anything again. If you guys just think everything means TRADE! then I promise to never say anything again. Sorry!!!!

Oh my god - one dude said X player was visiting and was excited. I said "You dont know the half of it! Big week"
    Can you not see how ambiguous that statement is?

Other adjectives are vague, cryptic

Deceptive even comes to mind. But I don't for a second think you are being actively deceptive
    Last edited by AusPel; 06-17-2022 at 06:59 PM.

Mac, I do really value your analysis and insider info

I don't mean to be offensive or anything like that

The 'outcry' by the cryptic post by Mcnamara has brought me out my lurking and has been a long time since I have posted here.

All insiders are cryptic - those who have been here a while will remember Harvey Hornet.

In terms of what news can be in the current moment it is either:

A) a trade - this was going to come out very quickly if so and not in a week (and based on timing extremely unlikely)
    B) As Mac mentioned expanding who we are scouting, visiting, working out, interviewing, etc - this is news for a variety of reasons

So it had to be B

1) Players are seeing New Orleans as a destination to want to find a way to get to (More importantly agents)
    2) This could also mean the team is seriously looking at moving up or moving down on the day

Appreciate the news from a distance and get a lot out of knowing a bit more - so keep it up

"You dont know the half of it! Big week"

Apparently this is the most un-ambiguous statement ever created.

If you question the meaning of this, you are a dumb stupid head with an IQ of 49

Supposedly Jake Madison said Sharpe cancelled his workout with us LMAO
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Supposedly Jake Madison said Sharpe cancelled his workout with us LMAO
    Jake Madison is everything wrong with the Old Pels

Please never mention him here again

"You dont know the half of it! Big week"

Apparently this is the most un-ambiguous statement ever created.

If you question the meaning of this, you are a dumb stupid head with an IQ of 49
    If several top prospects are making it known they want to be interviewed/worked out/visit New Orleans, that is a big week. The top draft picks are all represented by top agents and if the narrative around agents and New Orleans has changed, what does this mean for free agency going forward? future trade requests (will we make lists when players want out)? positive leaks (instead of our constant current negative leaks about the team). As well as it what it might mean for what the team may do on draft day if they absolutely fell in love with someone.

I would consider the above a big week, considering we are also two weeks out from a draft when said, I am not sure what more we could of expected

Quote Originally Posted by RyinNewZealand View Post
    If several top prospects are making it known they want to be interviewed/worked out/visit New Orleans, that is a big week. The top draft picks are all represented by top agents and if the narrative around agents and New Orleans has changed, what does this mean for free agency going forward? future trade requests (will we make lists when players want out)? positive leaks (instead of our constant current negative leaks about the team). As well as it what it might mean for what the team may do on draft day if they absolutely fell in love with someone.

I would consider the above a big week, considering we are also two weeks out from a draft when said, I am not sure what more we could of expected
    No doubt it's a huge week, but everyone was left completely dangling

Great, now I feel like I've been a dick but I haven't

Don't feel that, I know what it is like to get expectations up - I just wanted to try and show you a different side of why this is a big week considering the timing of the statement.

If Mac said that same sentence today about next week being a big week, I would be equally disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by RyinNewZealand View Post
    Don't feel that, I know what it is like to get expectations up - I just wanted to try and show you a different side of why this is a big week considering the timing of the statement.

If Mac said that same sentence today about next week being a big week, I would be equally disappointed
    It's cool having another New Zealander on this board

I wouldnt go that far but you did say what I said was hot air. Also frustrated with me because YOU implied it was something it is not.

If you were in the Pels FO and got the news they got last week, you would have been pumped. But seemingly, all that excites you is trades, so when someone says what I said, YOU think trade. That aint my fault. Especially when I said like 4 posts later it wasnt trade. But whatever, its in the past. I legit wont say things again as opposed to giving hints (as I was told specifically not to share some specifics). That I take and is on me. We all learn.

Lets stop with all the drama of the last week or so

Mathurin or Daniels. As always.

Six more days.

Agree, let's focus on the draft. I agree Mathurin or Daniels, with a longshot shot of Sochan

Six more days.
    Super excited. I hope Daniels falls. Can't believe it's less than a week away. Portland being such a chaotic pick makes this suspenseful.

The week just started lol

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Same thing I read it as... draft week.

To be fair, I never thought Mac was referencing a potential trade. I thought it had something to do with the Pels meeting with Sharpe and his camp. No secret Mac thinks Sharpe is a top 3 talent and likely the only player in the top 5 who's attainable. I thought maybe Sharpe's camp was making it clear that he'd like to play here.

Certainly, wasn't looking to call Mac out. Just wanted to know how Sharpe's cancellation affected things. Sounds like there's no chance we get Sharpe, so moving on.

Six more days.
    I'm cool with that. I hope Mathurin is available at 8 but Daniels would be a solid pick.

Thread Information