Pelicans Report

Page 30 of 59 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 NBA Draft Lottery

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    If there was no draft, New Orleans would be a top 6-8 destination right now for all these 19 year olds. Yeah, I said it. Pels would get MULTIPLE top 15 guys IMO. Kings would maybe get the 34h ranked prospect. Maybe. Several guys would be lining up for the minutes, opportunity and money in Houston and OKC. This idea that they would go to big markets (of which there are really only 3-4 glamour cities to NBA players) is just not true

But it?s a moot argument. No way to prove it.
    Actually you just have to look at european basketball League. The best young players are either going directly to euroleague powerhouse (like Doncic or Mirotic in Real Madrid) or stay one or two years in smaller clubs just to have playing time and then bolt to a bigger team. That's for example what Victor Wembanyama did playing one year with Nanterre then leaving for ASVEL.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post

If what Shamit says is true, I wonder what happened. Does he not want to come to NOLA?
    Does who not want to come? Doesn?t it say both of these players are coming?

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanProf View Post
    I personally love Sochan as I think he fits what we trying build tram and culture wise. I just wish we could trade hack and get him. If we get him at 8 I won't be too upset as I think he really helps this team.
    I love Sochan and wouldn?t be upset at all if we take him at 8. You never know other teams boards and say you trade down to 10 and he goes at 9. You take your guy. I?ve seen a lot of mocks with Sochan going in the top 8

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Shamit said we HAVEN'T... not that we won't. We will next week.
    Well, this is actually what he said-

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Does who not want to come? Doesn?t it say both of these players are coming?
    The post my response referenced was the comment by Shamit that Sharpe has not worked out for the Pelicans.

Top 10 picks should be looked at as trade chips, just as much as future rotation players, if not more

Golden State are an organically built Dynasty, but I think they are more of an outlier than a way to build a championship contender

I don't see another organically built champion happening in the next 50 seasons

But you probably do need to draft a superstar because:

1. It's super hard to trade for one

2. You own their Bird Rights

3. You get an amazing ROI on their rookie contract

Actually I hate most of this stream of conciousness
    Last edited by AusPel; 06-17-2022 at 02:54 PM.

Last I heard, the view Sochan as a trade down candidate.

I'm high on Sochan

I was just wondering what happened with the Sharpe visit. Crazy that fans have to ask the people who report on this team to update us on what's happening.

Read back - my tone isn’t great in some of these posts. Will fix.

Just been through all these counters a million times before. Rather just not talk about it to be honest

Let’s get back to the draft!!
    @mcnamara247

Gotchu. A poster posted the first part of that tweet. Didn't mention the 2nd part, but I guess there was a "last minute change" with Sharpe.

Anyone see a little Draymond or Lamar Odom when they watch Sochan or no?

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Anyone see a little Draymond or Lamar Odom when they watch Sochan or no?
    I really like Sochan and he's number 3 on my realistic big board of Daniels, Sharpe, Sochan

Very happy to take him @ 8 or trade back a little for him

Super not high on Mathurin and Griffin

Read back - my tone isn’t great in some of these posts. Will fix.

Just been through all these counters a million times before. Rather just not talk about it to be honest

Let’s get back to the draft!!
    Last week you speculated that this could be a big week. Now that the week has passed, are you able to clarify what you meant by that?

Quote Originally Posted by lawless522 View Post
    Last week you speculated that this could be a big week. Now that the week has passed, are you able to clarify what you meant by that?
    heh I just quoted his post on that in a different thread

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Gotchu. A poster posted the first part of that tweet. Didn't mention the 2nd part, but I guess there was a "last minute change" with Sharpe.
    Jake only said that Sharpe cancelled it. I guess we can speculate as to why.

Speak of the Devil

Last edited by AusPel; 06-17-2022 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lawless522 View Post
    was pretty clear at the time I thought - lots of visits, info gathering, etc. Guy said X is visiting, I said "You dont know the half of it!"

We met with more people than reported, including some together. Our scope has expanded a bit.

I sure hope it is Sochan and not Sharpe

was pretty clear at the time I thought - lots of visits, info gathering, etc. Guy said X is visiting, I said "You dont know the half of it!"

We met with more people than reported, including some together. Our scope has expanded a bit.
    I felt like what you insinuated that was gonna happen, was kind of akin to a possible Woj Bomb

But that's just me

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I felt like what you insinuated that was gonna happen, was kind of akin to a possible Woj Bomb

But that's just me
    Yeah - you guys all do that because you want it to be something big. I know after I typed it that I shouldnt have because people run with it. Even though, in that same thread, I said trades dont happen the week before and also, if you look, someone clearly understood what I was implying and said as much.

Lesson learned.

If we draft Sochan, I wouldn’t be surprised if he played nearly the entire season in Birmingham. He absolutely has to learn how to play off ball because he’ll never be on ball with the Pels. His only real skill offensively right now is putting the ball on the floor, but he shouldn’t be doing that here. Shoot, cut, make connecting passes.

Yeah - you guys all do that because you want it to be something big. I know after I typed it that I shouldnt have because people run with it. Even though, in that same thread, I said trades dont happen the week before and also, if you look, someone clearly understood what I was implying and said as much.

Lesson learned.
    You are our insider

With great power comes great hypeability

Trades might not come a week before the draft, but they do 8 days prior, as we saw with Wood to Dallas
    Last edited by AusPel; 06-17-2022 at 05:04 PM.

Wonder what an expanded scope looks like... Maybe some players we had on our board may be higher? For example Sochan at pick 8 or Sharpe?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

If memory serves, you were responding to a comment about Sharpe coming in for a visit and said we should be happy because is was going to be a big week. However, you also said that you promised secrecy on the subject, so you couldn't elaborate. After reading that Sharpe didn't visit with us, I was wondering if you could clarify how well the week actually went. That's all. Wasn't running with anything.

Thread Information