Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 NBA Draft Lottery

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Hell no

Dude, according to the Ringer, this guy is a three point shooting Jimmy Butler. Who wouldn't want that?

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    so is Sacramento starting to get dangerous, or nah?
    Nah. They Sacramento
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Nah. They Sacramento
    Yea, that's kind of my assumption too.

The Franchise
    To me if you jump up to get your guy are you going to force him into the starting lineup? If you get Sharpe or Ivey

Nah. They Sacramento
    Just us Pre-Willie Green

1-3 in some order: Chet, Jabari, Paulo
    4: Keegan Murray?
    5-6: Ivey & Sharpe?
    7: Does Portland take Mathurin? Would love to see him fall to 8. Portland fans actually all depressed right now and suggesting that they'll trade the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    To me if you jump up to get your guy are you going to force him into the starting lineup? If you get Sharpe or Ivey
    Not at all. You are drafting this guy for 2025-2035, regardless of what you gave up to get him. Now, if he EARNS a rotation spot, cool. But he aint given anything

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    so is Sacramento starting to get dangerous, or nah?

Sacramento Queens

Oh well. Wouldn't be mad with Mathurin.

Wouldn't be mad if they traded the pick for a backup big and a future 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Just us Pre-Willie Green
    I often wonder if Stan would have gotten this team in playoffs. Nah

I think option A is move up for Jabari

Option B is move up for someone else

I genuinely think option C is stay or do a small move down for Dieng. I think you guys need to REALLY be prepared for that possibility even though it isnt in any "expert" mock drafts

AJ Griffin
    Jeremy Sochan
    Bennedict Mathurin
    Ousmane Dieng
    Johnny Davis
    Dyson Daniels

Who do you guys think will be the best player when it's all said and done out of this group?

I'm kinda leaning towards Mathurin or Dieng because of his upside

The Franchise
    I guess it depends what we have to give up. I still think Smith is our best long term option. I’ve wanted John Collins to come and be our small ball 5 and I think Smith could be that. What would we have to give to move up to get him or even to get to 4-5 for Sharpe?

I genuinely think option C is stay or do a small move down for Dieng. I think you guys need to REALLY be prepared for that possibility even though it isnt in any "expert" mock drafts
    In a world where we do try and trade up to get into the 4-5 range, I'm curious who'd be heading out on the team along with the picks? Just asking because Griff already stated that he does not expect much turnover this summer

Quote Originally Posted by Pelsfan504 View Post
    AJ Griffin
    Jeremy Sochan
    Bennedict Mathurin
    Ousmane Dieng
    Johnny Davis
    Dyson Daniels

Who do you guys think will be the best player when it's all said and done out of this group?

I'm kinda leaning towards Mathurin or Dieng because of his upside
    Daniels

Quote Originally Posted by Pelsfan504 View Post
    In a world where we do try and trade up to get into the 4-5 range, I'm curious who'd be heading out on the team along with the picks? Just asking because Griff already stated that he does not expect much turnover this summer
    Additional picks would be moving out. Not players

I think the 3 bigs go in some order in the top 3. And those teams wont be willing to trade out. I think you can get from 8 to 4. I think a lot of teams will have 4-8 or 9 in the same tier. Would you guys give up our 2023 pick (that has the ability to swap with the Lakers) to go from 8 to 4? What if the cost is more than that? Would you be willing to give up that Lakers 2024/25 pick to go from 8 to 4?

I think I would give up next years pick for sure. The Lakers pick? They gotta give me a little sweetner back. Like 8, Lakers pick, Temple and Graham for 4 and Harrison Barnes
    Would you have to make that 2023 pick swap top-1 protected? Have to leave a chance to draft Webanyama, right? But then in that case, does the other team accept that protection.

2022 NBA Draft Lottery

In my opinion, you move up to 4 if your guy is there. We will most likely not be able to even sniff a top four pick for at least a few years. I think all of Griffs moves have lead him to this point and he should go for the jugular

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    In my opinion, you move up to 4 if your guy is there. We will most likely not be able to even sniff a top four pick for at least a few years. I think all of Griffs moves have lead him to this point and he should go for the jugular

If the move and the player you want are available, then go get it. Hopefully Graham could go out in the same deal

Additional picks would be moving out. Not players
    With how the Kings seem to be desperate to make the playoffs, I can't imagine they'd move 4 for just picks, especially having moved a nice young player on a rookie scale contract for someone who's a free agent in two years. That being said, there's always a chance at a 3 team trade.

Quote Originally Posted by bradael View Post
    With how the Kings seem to be desperate to make the playoffs, I can't imagine they'd move 4 for just picks, especially having moved a nice young player on a rookie scale contract for someone who's a free agent in two years. That being said, there's always a chance at a 3 team trade.
    Exactly, I was just thinking that. Kings are assumed to be in win-now mode. They're going to want a high-level starter back. Off to the trade machine to make a 3 team trade...

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    If the move and the player you want are available, then go get it. Hopefully Graham could go out in the same deal
    I was thinking same thing but sounds like one of those too good to be true type deals considering the deal is Graham is on. We would have to add another pick

I think the 3 bigs go in some order in the top 3. And those teams wont be willing to trade out. I think you can get from 8 to 4. I think a lot of teams will have 4-8 or 9 in the same tier. Would you guys give up our 2023 pick (that has the ability to swap with the Lakers) to go from 8 to 4? What if the cost is more than that? Would you be willing to give up that Lakers 2024/25 pick to go from 8 to 4?

I think I would give up next years pick for sure. The Lakers pick? They gotta give me a little sweetner back. Like 8, Lakers pick, Temple and Graham for 4 and Harrison Barnes
    Wouldn't give up next year's pick unless top 4 protected (including Lakers swap). With Webanyama potentially available, unprotected would be too big of a risk to go from 8 to 4.

Can't see us having enough (that we would be willing to part with) to get Jabari. Not sure how far down they could go and ensure getting Dieng. Maybe 10-12?

Thread Information