Pelicans Report

Page 25 of 59 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 NBA Draft Lottery

Atlanta is in love with Ivey and Daniels. Want to get to #5. There dream offseason is to hold onto Trae and Hunter and dangle everything else to get either Ivey or Daniels via one trade and Gobert or Ayton via the other trade. Core of Trae, Daniels, Hunter, Ayton wouldnt be bad. Would never get out of the East, but would win games and sell tickets. Which is just fine. It is a business after all
    @mcnamara247

I don't realistically see them being able to pull off pick 5 (or 7) and Gobert/Ayton

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Odds 8 days out (MacBook Betting Site):

Mathurin: 5 to 2
    Daniels: 4 to 1
    Trade Down: 6 to 1
    Sharpe: 8 to 1
    Griffin: 10 to 1
    Other: 25 to 1
    Trade up is noticeably excluded but I guess most of the trade up teams want a fringe all star level vet in return. I'd be interested to know what it would take for the Pistons to trade down if they have intel that Sharpe or Mathurin would still be there at 8, and whether the Pels would have any interest in matching that price. It sure feels like the Pels are interested in accumulating more assets rather than consolidating

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Trade up is noticeably excluded but I guess most of the trade up teams want a fringe all star level vet in return. I'd be interested to know what it would take for the Pistons to trade down if they have intel that Sharpe or Mathurin would still be there at 8, and whether the Pels would have any interest in matching that price. It sure feels like the Pels are interested in accumulating more assets rather than consolidating
    They have tried. No interest, seemingly. I would say best shot is Detroit, but even they seem to prefer Collins or Ayton over a trade down to pick up more assets. But they could also do what I am advocating here -- take Murray or Ivey and then say we call when we are on the clock, and Mathurin is still there, or Duren - who they like - and we offer that plus a pick they like. I would say its possible. But I dont think they would just trade down to 8 blindly

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I don't realistically see them being able to pull off pick 5 (or 7) and Gobert/Ayton
    The thinking is Collins is the centerpiece for 5 or 7. Then, you still have Okongwu, Capela, Huerter, future picks, Johnson (who some teams like) to go get the big. If you are the Suns or Jazz and you can only slightly downgrade to Capela, but are paying him half the money, and then also get other pieces... I would do that. Like, if I were the Jazz, I would take Capela, plus Bogdanovic, Jalen Johnson, and picks for Gobert and getting off Clarkson

Makes me way more flexible if Donovon asks for the trade request and I gotta rebuild. And if he doesn't, I think I can put a more balanced team around him and I have some upside with Johnson. Also have picks to use at the deadline to go get supporting pieces

They have tried. No interest, seemingly. I would say best shot is Detroit, but even they seem to prefer Collins or Ayton over a trade down to pick up more assets. But they could also do what I am advocating here -- take Murray or Ivey and then say we call when we are on the clock, and Mathurin is still there, or Duren - who they like - and we offer that plus a pick they like. I would say its possible. But I dont think they would just trade down to 8 blindly
    Wasn't aware we were that high on Ivey. I'm aware of Murray, but this situation could make sense if Mathurin is on the board. If Detroit really wants him, grabbing him and a future asset would be killer for them I assume.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!

Why I say, you take Sharpe, and then let teams know you are willing to talk trade but it will all depend what is left on the board. Have OKC give you their best offer, keep squeezing them for those 15 minutes, and then see who is on the board at 12. If Dieng is still there, you act like you will reluctantly take the deal. If all your guys are gone, keep Sharpe and WORST case scenario, you develop the heck out of him, he average 35 a game in the G League there, showing off all the raw skills and he is a major trade asset next summer
    I agree with this. And if/when there are injuries or the schedule dictates guys need rest, you might have a few home games you can get him some real run throughout the season.

He's also got the ability to mature as a player and as a human and become a guy they actually want to keep next summer just by being around the team.

Is anyone else starting to feel like we got the 8th pick in an 8 man draft? It feels fortunate that we're not 9th because I think, at that spot, we would be actively trying to trade back

Beforehand? Maybe. But 5 of those 8 will do little to nothing for the team who drafts them and 3-4 taken after that apparent tier will be quasi All Stars or better

Right but that's based on the teams that draft and develop them. In a vacuum, its an 8 man draft.

I got 7 with Mathurin, Dieng, and Sochan being a little mini tier. Some also include Duren and/or Griffin. But the fall off is somewhere in the low teens for sure

Jabari’s odds at 1 have plummeted to -145. What would be the most you would trade for the 2 in order to get Jabari

If he doesn’t go 1, I think he goes 3. I would bet Presti has both Chet and Paolo over him. I would give up 8 and our pick next year (that has swap rights with LAL) top 1 protected for sure. Then, any other pick that is not the 24/25 Lakers pick. Most I can do

Graham + 8 + top 10 protected Milwaukee 2027 1st

For

Hart + 7

Who says no?
    Pels.

If he doesn’t go 1, I think he goes 3. I would bet Presti has both Chet and Paolo over him. I would give up 8 and our pick next year (that has swap rights with LAL) top 1 protected for sure. Then, any other pick that is not the 24/25 Lakers pick. Most I can do
    I’d do that, which makes me think the Rockets would not

Doesnt have to do with that as much as fear of Sharpe. If Daniels is there, they run the pick up to the podium. Mathurin, a brisk walk.

Sharpe still has time to win over the FO with the "human component" and the competitiveness. But if the draft were today, they aint taking him. From there, it will come down to falling in love with multiple guys. They love Dieng, but they could fall back to 12 and SA could take him at 9. I dont think Washington or NY takes him, but SA very well could. So, if they do and Washington and NY go Sochen and Griffin, there wouldnt be anybody they really love at 12.

Why I say, you take Sharpe, and then let teams know you are willing to talk trade but it will all depend what is left on the board. Have OKC give you their best offer, keep squeezing them for those 15 minutes, and then see who is on the board at 12. If Dieng is still there, you act like you will reluctantly take the deal. If all your guys are gone, keep Sharpe and WORST case scenario, you develop the heck out of him, he average 35 a game in the G League there, showing off all the raw skills and he is a major trade asset next summer
    So everything you've heard now indicates they have Daniels over Mathurin? Because I remember a few weeks back that wasn't necessarily the case. But that was pre-combine, when Daniels really raised his stock.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    Pels.
    The Pels aren't the team saying no to that deal. That's a great deal for us, but doesn't fit the Blazers current plans on trying to contend now.

Graham + 8 + top 10 protected Milwaukee 2027 1st

For

Hart + 7

Who says no?
    Portland!!

I’m starting to think more about trading Graham. Are we actually sure we can get anything better than Graham with the MLE? Has history not taught us that we cannot? I think the only way I’m trading Graham is if I’m getting a similarly contracted player that is a better fit for us in return. Otherwise, I do think he can help a little bit until we can find a deal for a vet at the deadline, at which point his contract would be helpful in matching for like a Barnes or Hart

I got 7 with Mathurin, Dieng, and Sochan being a little mini tier. Some also include Duren and/or Griffin. But the fall off is somewhere in the low teens for sure
    I?m sure you have already answered this but I?ll ask again because I didn?t see. Say the draft in no particular order goes

Chet
    Jabari
    Paolo
    Ivey
    Murray
    Mathurin
    Daniels

At 8 are we taking sharpe, taking someone else, or trying to trade down? And in what order would you put those? And if we can?t trade down who we taking at 8? Griffin?

This is worse case scenario for me. Being in the 8th spot is potentially a difficult situation. This is why I would either trade up or trade down before we get to out 8th pick.

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanProf View Post
    This is worse case scenario for me. Being in the 8th spot is potentially a difficult situation. This is why I would either trade up or trade down before we get to out 8th pick.
    But what if you trade out before but when the guy we wanted makes it to 8 lol. I stay out and have a backup plan in place

I think one of the top 7 takes a shot on Sharpe so someone gets pushed to us, question is who. I realllllly hope it’s Murray

Rockets traded Christian Wood to Dallas... so I'm guessing at 3 they'll take either Jabari or Paola... whoever is there.

The Dallas Mavericks are acquiring center/power forward Christian Wood from the Houston Rockets in exchange for the No. 26 pick in the 2022 NBA draft and four players with expiring contracts, sources told ESPN.

Dallas will send Boban Marjanovic, Marquese Chriss, Trey Burke and Sterling Brown to Houston, sources said, creating roster flexibility and adding a productive big man.

Thread Information