Pelicans Report

Page 24 of 59 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 NBA Draft Lottery

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I mean, I told you that on this board two weeks ago. Am I not important enough to warrant digging into someone
    but did you tho

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Former Pels exec, current undercover Pels smokescreen operator. Lol. Have we ever had draft leaks that turned out to be true, in the D. Griffin era? Even without inside intel, it's clear why pundits are linking Griffin to Pels: Duke connection, great 3pt shooter (Zion/Pels need shooting), NBA father, "good character" humble.

I just know if he is the pick at 8, there will be a lot of disappointed Pels fans those first few days. Might take a positive propaganda campaign to turn the tide of opinion of him, compared to the other top prospects.
    I hope he is the pick and that people say dumb ******** about it lol. Best shooter in the draft class with the size/wingspan/athleticism to be a legit 2 way player at only 18 years old.

Pacer trying to gas up Brogdon and Turner value. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    I hope he is the pick and that people say dumb ******** about it lol. Best shooter in the draft class with the size/wingspan/athleticism to be a legit 2 way player at only 18 years old.
    Yep... Griffin definitely has the size athleticism to be a TWO-WAY player.

/s LOL

Dudes smaller than 6'6 and arguably the least athletic dude in the top 15. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by PleaseWinPels View Post

/s LOL

Dudes smaller than 6'6 and arguably the least athletic dude in the top 15. No thanks.
    Dude is 6'6, 220 pounds with a 7-foot wingspan and a 40 inch vertical.

Quote Originally Posted by PleaseWinPels View Post

/s LOL

You can dislike a players game without making things up

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    What am I making up? He chose not to measure/participate in any form.

Not even measurables. Plenty of speculation about his actual height.

His lack of athleticism should be a huge red flag. Griffin was a horrific defender. More than just processing slow, his lack of agility should scare teams.

Look at the difference in his vertical. Pro day in a controlled environment vs highschool pre-injuries.

https://imgur.com/a/O7bsANq

Terrifying how massive the difference is.

I've actually never seen anyone question his height. Can you send the article?

And two stills side by side dunking with different hands with no frame of reference is not evidence of anything

I've actually never seen anyone question his height. Can you send the article?

And two stills side by side dunking with different hands with no frame of reference is not evidence of anything
    You can absolutely compare verts in a still??? It's not perfect sure but you can get an idea especially when it's that drastic.

Go watch his pro day. His head is nowhere near the rim anymore.. not even close to his previous athleticism. Then go watch his Highschool mix.

His height is more of my opinion. He looked almost identical in height next to Wendell Moore who measured 6'4 at the combine. Maybe he can measure 6'6 with his long af neck... but he's doesn't play 6'6.

I think Nic Batum
    Same comp Hoop Intellect gave

How did the draft community view Dieng prior to his season in New Zealand?

Nothing he said was "made up" though. It's common knowledge that Griffin is the worst defender amongst all lottery projected prospects.

I'll be glad when the draft is over so we can stop talking about this kid. Give me Daniels, Mathurin or Sochan and let's move on. The thought of using this golden opportunity to select Griffin or Dieng just give me anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    Nothing he said was "made up" though. It's common knowledge that Griffin is the worst defender amongst all lottery projected prospects.

I'll be glad when the draft is over so we can stop talking about this kid. Give me Daniels, Mathurin or Sochan and let's move on. The thought of using this golden opportunity to select Griffin or Dieng just give me anxiety.
    He said there was concerns about the height and then said a post later that it was his opinion lol

I didn't "make it up". He's listed at 6'6 even though he's the same height as his teammate who measured 6'4 at the combine.

He might, MIGHT measure 6'6 but his long ****** neck puts his shoulders so low he's not a functional 6'6.

He said there was concerns about the height and then said a post later that it was his opinion lol
    I mean Griffin flat out didn't measure at the combine, so alot of people were speculating that's because he isn't actually 6'6. Why wouldn't he measure if his listed measurements were correct?

22 players did not measure, including Chet, Paolo, Jabari, Keegan, Ivey, Dieng, Sochan, and Duren. I just don’t see why we’re cherry picking here. I’m not even arguing for or against Griffin, I just think it’s absurd that people are totally writing him off as a prospect

Chet, Paolo, Jabari, Ivey and Keegan are all going top 6 no matter what. Don't know why the others didn't measure. But I heard alot of people speculate when Griffin didn't, not just the other poster. Maybe he is 6'6, honestly it doesn't matter to me. His height is the least if my concerns with Griffin.

I leave you guys alone for a few hours and looks what the debate turns into. SMH

@mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Try to respect everyone culture please before typing stuff like this.
    I agree. We can still talk about this draft without all of the toxic banter that runs rampant on discussion boards these days.
    Last edited by DaFranchise80; 06-15-2022 at 07:35 AM.

Odds 8 days out (MacBook Betting Site):

Mathurin: 5 to 2
    Daniels: 4 to 1
    Trade Down: 6 to 1
    Sharpe: 8 to 1
    Griffin: 10 to 1
    Other: 25 to 1

Graham + 8 + top 10 protected Milwaukee 2027 1st

For

Hart + 7

Who says no?

Odds 8 days out (MacBook Betting Site):

Mathurin: 5 to 2
    Daniels: 4 to 1
    Trade Down: 6 to 1
    Sharpe: 8 to 1
    Griffin: 10 to 1
    Other: 25 to 1
    The second tier is so big and jumbled that it wouldn't surprise me to see the team trade down.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    The second tier is so big and jumbled that it wouldn't surprise me to see the team trade down.
    Doesnt have to do with that as much as fear of Sharpe. If Daniels is there, they run the pick up to the podium. Mathurin, a brisk walk.

Sharpe still has time to win over the FO with the "human component" and the competitiveness. But if the draft were today, they aint taking him. From there, it will come down to falling in love with multiple guys. They love Dieng, but they could fall back to 12 and SA could take him at 9. I dont think Washington or NY takes him, but SA very well could. So, if they do and Washington and NY go Sochen and Griffin, there wouldnt be anybody they really love at 12.

Why I say, you take Sharpe, and then let teams know you are willing to talk trade but it will all depend what is left on the board. Have OKC give you their best offer, keep squeezing them for those 15 minutes, and then see who is on the board at 12. If Dieng is still there, you act like you will reluctantly take the deal. If all your guys are gone, keep Sharpe and WORST case scenario, you develop the heck out of him, he average 35 a game in the G League there, showing off all the raw skills and he is a major trade asset next summer

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Graham + 8 + top 10 protected Milwaukee 2027 1st

For

Hart + 7

Who says no?
    Despite what they SHOULD do, Portland doesnt want to get worse/add more future assets. They are going the other way, so they would say no.

Despite what they SHOULD do, Portland doesnt want to get worse/add more future assets. They are going the other way, so they would say no.
    Yeah, I've read Portland want someone established for 7.

And Atlanta want Daniels with that pick

Portland could still dangle 8 for almost the same return as 7
    Last edited by AusPel; 06-15-2022 at 10:00 AM.

Thread Information