Lol... he just doesn't want to get drafted by the pacers
    Trying to fall to us, I like it

Does no one like Branham?

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Is he the next NAW or Poole?

I like him a lot, he has the ability to play alongside CJ for few years then take over the starting point guard position once McCollum will have to step down. I see him as the most likely steal of the draft.

Not in the top 10, no. But if we traded down, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Is he the next NAW or Poole?
    Michael Redd/Khris Middleton.

Quote Originally Posted by JR SMITH View Post
    That’s exactly who I compared him too

Quote Originally Posted by JR SMITH View Post

id rather Branham and Ogbaji than Mathurin. not that I think they are both better. just think the odds of one of them panning out are, and most probably Branham

but id still stay pat and take Dyson Daniels. hes not this years perfect fit. but I think he could be a starter on our future title team.

dyson daniels
    herb jones
    brandon ingram
    zion williams
    center/

murphy would be in for center when we go small zion goes to center on d
    CJ would be sixth man
    Last edited by fullcourtpress; 06-11-2022 at 01:32 PM.

Agreed. High level playmaker with outstanding defense and a killer floater

That’s exactly who I compared him too
    as well as NBAdraft.net

Some other workout I found listed-

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    id rather Branham and Ogbaji than Mathurin. not that I think they are both better. just think the odds of one of them panning out are, and most probably Branham

but id still stay pat and take Dyson Daniels. hes not this years perfect fit. but I think he could be a starter on our future title team.

dyson daniels
    herb jones
    brandon ingram
    zion williams
    center/

murphy would be in for center when we go small zion goes to center on d
    CJ would be sixth man
    I prefer to draft Daniels first or trade down and draft Ogbaji and Branham before drafting Mathurin also.

If Daniels or Sharpe is there at 8 (or any of the guys assumed to be gone of course), I take them.

If those 7 are gone, I got Mathurin, Sochan, and Dieng as my next 3 and so I would be fine to trade to 9 or 10. 11 and 12 worries me, because if somehow those 3 are gone, I have a decent sized drop off.

My strategy would be doing everything I can to trade up to 5 or 6 these next two weeks. If I can't, hope one of my top 7 is there at 8. If not, I am just grabbing Mathurin or Dieng at 8 and if OKC or NY want that guy, and one of my guys is still on the board when they pick, I might say yes. But I would not trade down until I know
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    If Daniels or Sharpe is there at 8 (or any of the guys assumed to be gone of course), I take them.

If those 7 are gone, I got Mathurin, Sochan, and Dieng as my next 3 and so I would be fine to trade to 9 or 10. 11 and 12 worries me, because if somehow those 3 are gone, I have a decent sized drop off.
    Would San Antonio really move up just 1 spot to 8? Maybe for Daniels? And who would Washington be moving up for from 10, Sharpe at 8? Shame, because NYK, OKC, and CHA at 11, 12, 13 seem more likely to want to trade up.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    My strategy would be doing everything I can to trade up to 5 or 6 these next two weeks. If I can't, hope one of my top 7 is there at 8. If not, I am just grabbing Mathurin or Dieng at 8 and if OKC or NY want that guy, and one of my guys is still on the board when they pick, I might say yes. But I would not trade down until I know
    Would you be targeting a certain player at 5 or 6? Or just be taking the BPA out of the Ivey, Sharpe, Murray, Daniels group?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I'm so weary on Sharpe. The dude has all the skills in the world, but he just screams drama to me. I'd rather have a better fit like a Daniels/Mathurin/Sochan who are good character guys, and less likely to cause a stirrup.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Would San Antonio really move up just 1 spot to 8? Maybe for Daniels? And who would Washington be moving up for from 10, Sharpe at 8? Shame, because NYK, OKC, and CHA at 11, 12, 13 seem more likely to want to trade up.

Would you be targeting a certain player at 5 or 6? Or just be taking the BPA out of the Ivey, Sharpe, Murray, Daniels group?
    Dont worry, the Pels have a larger tier than me. I was just saying my drop off. I still think its Daniels or Mathurin, and we will have spent a lot of time discussing things that dont matter, but if someone wants to overpay, they would move down and have a lot of guys they would be happy with

At 1:18:10 they say AJ is our guy. Any truth to this MM?

https://youtu.be/lCnoOY5Gkpc
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

I won’t disparage someone else and I am sure he hears things too. As I said before, they like him. But he ain’t top 8 from what I have heard. Mathurin and Daniels would both be taken over him and one of them will be there

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    At 1:18:10 they say AJ is our guy. Any truth to this MM?

https://youtu.be/lCnoOY5Gkpc
    This guy totally sold me, maybe i'm just easily influenced. 40% 3pt shooter, athletic wing defender, quality character fit, doesn't need the ball in his hands to contribute, high level IQ (son of former player), not a developmental guy (already NBA ready). Checks all the boxes for me! I'm in!!
    Last edited by hornetsrebirth; 06-11-2022 at 05:43 PM.

"athletic wing defender" ummm

no

His defense in the post is good but everywhere else needs work.

He is a prolific shooter with insane touch though.

A big swing factor for him is athleticism. He was a freak athlete in high school then some knee injuries seemed to slow him down. He was a better two-way player then though, so if that's what teams are seeing behind-the-scenes in workouts, I'd be curious to see how his stock goes.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PleaseWinPels View Post
    "athletic wing defender" ummm

no
    Why not?

Thread Information