Pelicans Report

Page 19 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 NBA Draft Lottery

New Chet interview with Shams. Chet seems like a focused, well-spoken guy. He's going to be fun to watch in the league, wherever he goes:

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Yeah, not really trying to sell anybody on much except for the idea that none of us KNOW. And regardless of what we think now, the same thing is gonna play out

1. Day of the draft, everyone will have really strong opinions and projections
    2. Night of the draft, 60% will LOVE the pick, 30% will like it but hedge, 10% will hate it
    3. The next week the draft pick and the team will say all the right things. Bloggers will say why it was the PERFECT pick and how the prospect can easily fix the one weakness by.....
    4. Summer league will come and the guy will show flashes at which point he will be proclaimed the right pick, but then somebody who was taken later will show better flashes and that same 10% will come back and say "See!?!?!!!" while the majority will say "Its just summer league, doesnt mean anything, wait until our guy is playing off Zion and BI!!"

Rinse and repeat. lol
    You make it all sound so cyclical. We are not that predictable, Mac!

Also OHMAGER! Look at Zion?s muscles in a tight shirt while he?s working out!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E0ED29F1-BF6B-4481-B8B1-5E6B07DF6F0E.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	6631  

LOL -- Can you win MIP if you didn't play the previous season? Or are you guys gonna go straight to MVP talk?
    @mcnamara247

This mf don't miss! Another great post.

Zion gonna look like an action figure soon.

Who's stronger? Jalen Duren or Zion?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Who do you all like in Jalen Duren vs. Mark Williams? I think I'd much rather trade down a little in either case, just wondering who you got and why?

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Who do you all like in Jalen Duren vs. Mark Williams? I think I'd much rather trade down a little in either case, just wondering who you got and why?
    I actually really like both Duren and Mark-Will. I know it's becoming taboo to invest in Centers, but their physical, defensive presence pops off the screen. Tempting to not just double-down on dominating the interior, while backcourt and wing depth/future can be dealt with later on.

Duren is especially intriguing since he's the youngest player in the draft, a full 2 years younger than Mark Williams. Duren with that athletic profile at that age, super rare. Will all come down to how well he can improve switching, defending in space, and on offense (short-roll passing, mid-range jumper, FT%, eventual 3pt shooting?).

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    I actually really like both Duren and Mark-Will. I know it's becoming taboo to invest in Centers, but their physical, defensive presence pops off the screen. Tempting to not just double-down on dominating the interior, while backcourt and wing depth/future can be dealt with later on.

Duren is especially intriguing since he's the youngest player in the draft, a full 2 years younger than Mark Williams. Duren with that athletic profile at that age, super rare. Will all come down to how well he can improve switching, defending in space, and on offense (short-roll passing, mid-range jumper, FT%, eventual 3pt shooting?).
    The Pelicans drafting Duran and Williams with a trade down in the first round, then using the second round to find wings.

There are 3 bigs in the playoffs who got 22 mpg or more that were not 3 point threats - Bam, Gobert, and Ayton

You basically have to be able to stretch the floor or be ELITE on defense (or in Ayton's case, a former #1 pick with a vast skillset). Williams, Looney, Capela and Adams all cant shoot and got between 16-21 mpg, and played a solid role. Valuable. But not what you spend lottery picks on.

If you think either of the bigs can be All Defensive Team level bigs or can be MVP candidates (Jokic, Embiid) or can guard in space and at the rim while stretching the floor (Horford, Lopez), you could justify using a valuable asset on them. If not, there will always be solid rotation guys on the FA market or on the cheap in the trade market.

Thomas Bryant, Bamba, Zubac, McGee, Hartenstein, Mitchell Robinson, Biyombo, Drummond, and several others will all be FA's that will get little to nothing this summer and can play a role. Several others will be dumped in trades. Its the NBA's version of running backs. You take the committee approach unless you can get a real difference maker.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Who's stronger? Jalen Duren or Zion?

That should be impossible at 18

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    LOL -- Can you win MIP if you didn't play the previous season? Or are you guys gonna go straight to MVP talk?
    I'm all in on Zion MVP talk. If he's in shape, he'd gonna destroy the league.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    That should be impossible at 18
    makes patric young seem small and he was like 21 when he was around the pels.

like the idea of bryce mcgowens he could be this drafts giannis type talent. lot of upside, shaky from 3 but FT's rate and % are great.

wohwohwoh i had heard the hype but did not realize he was so young! sorry didnt quite Duren post.

Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    I'm all in on Zion MVP talk. If he's in shape, he'd gonna destroy the league.
    Since you are playing the 'IF Game"....

Not IF you apply the "5% MAC RULE" to Zion for MVP. History is against it.

From Adam Spinella on intel that he's hearing

"Eason is not impressing during the interview or film sessions of his meetings with teams. There's a growing sense that his lack of feel is indicative of a fairly low basketball IQ."

Hmm, where have I heard this lately

From the dude who has no sources….lol

Pretty easy to tell that by watching Eason. Somehow fouled out of 3 straight SEC games. Crazy part is, he played in 20 minutes or less in all 3. Crazy talented but frustrating as hell as an LSU fan. It got to the point where you knew whether LSU won or lost down the stretch based on whether Eason was in foul trouble. He fouled out against Florida in 7 minutes!

I know pick 8 is way too early for Kendall Brown but I believe he’ll be the steal of the draft like Herb was.

Quote Originally Posted by goalhanger14 View Post
    like the idea of bryce mcgowens he could be this drafts giannis type talent. lot of upside, shaky from 3 but FT's rate and % are great.
    I'd like to draft him in the second round if he's there.

https://twitter.com/RomeovilleKid/st...2oDsdiiEw&s=09

Dammit, i suck with these lol.... that was the dyson daniels workout with the pacers

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    Dammit, i suck with these lol.... that was the dyson daniels workout with the pacers
    Added it in for you.

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    Dammit, i suck with these lol
    A bit like Daniels' shooting here

Thread Information