Pelicans Report

Page 16 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 NBA Draft Lottery

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I think its this simple

Top 4 guys will be gone. After that, Pels really like Murray, Mathurin, and Daniels

Question is: Who do they take if all 7 of those guys are gone? I would obviously say Sharpe. Sounds like they arent enamored. So, at that point I would hope for a slight trade down over taking Griffin or Duren. Sharpe should have someone who loves him if he falls that far

But I would bet on either Daniels or Mathurin being on the board at 8. It will be one of those two IMO
    This is what I’m worried about. Of course this draft has 2 tiers, and those tiers have a total of 7 players in them, and of course we have pick 8. Wish Daniel’s wouldn’t have killed the combine and suit up draft boards. He’s who I want and a much better fit than Mathurin.

I mean, I think it has 7 players. Mine are just different than the Pels (they have Mathurin, I have Sharpe)

That said, one of their 7 should be there and if not, they should have plenty of buyers trying to get to 8 for Sharpe or Duren
    @mcnamara247

It will be easy to talk ourselves into Mathurin, especially with Willie as a coach. Guy won’t have anything given to him, so to earn minutes he will need to play D and keep moving on offense, a strength of his

He is a great fit with what this current team needs. I just don’t see ‘top 2 or 3 player on a contender’ and when you take a guy in the top 10, the second contract becomes an issue for role players, as I have documented many times in the past. But we can worry about that in five years

I think its this simple

Top 4 guys will be gone. After that, Pels really like Murray, Mathurin, and Daniels

Question is: Who do they take if all 7 of those guys are gone? I would obviously say Sharpe. Sounds like they arent enamored. So, at that point I would hope for a slight trade down over taking Griffin or Duren. Sharpe should have someone who loves him if he falls that far

But I would bet on either Daniels or Mathurin being on the board at 8. It will be one of those two IMO
    Sounds realistic. Now what are we going to speculate about for the next 3 weeks?!

Zion staggered 2nd unit

Jose- Mathurin - Trey - Zion - Nance

I would be good with that, especially if Mathurin is only playing 12 minutes and is flying around 100mph. Trey’s ball handling gets better and let’s him attack close outs.

That is where I think the Pels can be dominant next year. Forget starters…the staggered units could just blow people out

Season Ticket Holder
    Zion staggered 2nd unit

Jose- Mathurin - Trey - Zion - Nance

I would be good with that, especially if Mathurin is only playing 12 minutes and is flying around 100mph. Trey’s ball handling gets better and let’s him attack close outs.

That is where I think the Pels can be dominant next year. Forget starters…the staggered units could just blow people out
    I am so excited for some weird second unit lineups with Zion.

Jose
    Trey
    Zion
    Nance
    Jax

Jose
    Kira
    Trey
    Zion
    Nance

Mathurin was drafted and Daniels, Sochan and Dieng are available at #8, who do you draft?

1. Daniels/Dieng
    2. Sochan

A.

Starters

McCollum
    Ingram
    Jones
    Hayes
    Valaciunas

Reserves

Alvarado/Lewis Jr.
    Daniels
    Murphy III
    Williamson
    Nance Jr.

B.

Starters

McCollum
    Ingram
    Jones
    Hayes
    Valanciunas

Reserves

Alvarado/Lewis Jr.
    Dieng
    Murphy III
    Williamson
    Nance Jr.

C.

Starters

McCollum
    Ingram
    Jones
    Hayes
    Valanciunas

Reserves

Alvarado/Lewis Jr.
    Murphy III
    Sochan
    Williamson
    Nance Jr.
    Last edited by JR SMITH; 06-01-2022 at 10:37 AM.

Daniels, Sochan, Dieng

Daniels should be the pick, even if Mathurin is there. Let alone if he is gone

Overall Daniels becomes the best basketball player eventually. I’d still pick Sochan for the juice he would bring every night. He’s diving for everything, selling out on every play, defending everyone, playing unselfishly, tertiary facilitating and finishing at the rim. Daniels does all those things as well and will be a better shooter and facilitator, but less hair on fire than I see with Sochan.
    Quote Originally Posted by JR SMITH View Post
    Mathurin was drafted and Daniels, Sochan and Dieng are available at #8, who do you draft?

1. Daniels/Dieng
    2. Sochan

A.

Starters

McCollum
    Ingram
    Jones
    Hayes
    Valaciunas

Reserves

Alvarado/Lewis Jr.
    Daniels
    Murphy III
    Williamson
    Nance Jr.

B.

Starters

McCollum
    Ingram
    Jones
    Hayes
    Valanciunas

Reserves

Alvarado/Lewis Jr.
    Dieng
    Murphy III
    Williamson
    Nance Jr.

C.

Starters

McCollum
    Ingram
    Jones
    Hayes
    Valanciunas

Reserves

Alvarado/Lewis Jr.
    Murphy III
    Sochan
    Williamson
    Nance Jr.

1a.Daniels
    1b. Mathurin

If you want switchable defense, playmaking, or rebounding go Daniels.

If you want 3pt shooting, off-ball offense, potential 3 level scoring go Mathurin.

Can't go wrong with either IMO.

I lean towards Daniels. Should be able to defend 1-3 at a high level maybe 4s and 5s as he gets stronger.

Mathurin should be taken about 12. He's a one trick pony and a poor man's Klay

Crazy bad take and you should feel ashamed.

One trick pony? Sheesh.

He can score on all 3 levels (3 ball, Mid range, layup/dunks). Not only can he shoot the 3 but he's highly efficient in C&S, DHO's, and moving screens both right and left.

His off-ball offense is elite, both in terms of cutting to the bucket (over 60%) and in his feel for relocating to get open behind the arch.

His playmaking is okay for a 2guard. Rebounding is a plus. Handle needs work.

Defensive potential is there albeit he needs to focus more.

Funny how you're such a fan of Shapre, talk about one trick pony.

Dude was absolutely cheeks on defense in HIGHSCHOOL. He should have dominated those kids. He didn't.

Give me the young man who put up 30points in the tourney as the #1 scoring option over some highschool kid who didn't even perform at the combine.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Imagine if Sochan had gotten any coaching whatsoever on his shot at Baylor? Look at his shooting hand in this picture. It looks like a GUIDE HAND it is so sideways. What in the hell?

Just put $200 on Mathurin. Thanks for the info!
    On what site? Because MyBookie won't allow a bet bigger than $25 on those odds. Still it's $25 to win $775. I just put my money down. But I want to put more down at those odds.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Mathurin should be taken about 12. He's a one trick pony and a poor man's Klay
    Thats ridiculous. Name the 11 better prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    On what site? Because MyBookie won't allow a bet bigger than $25 on those odds. Still it's $25 to win $775. I just put my money down. But I want to put more down at those odds.
    Who says you can only have one account?

Who says you can only have one account?
    You have 8 MyBookie accts? That's commitment.

I still can't get over those odds. They have Sharpe as the favorite to go 8th overall. They have Paolo with better odds of going 8th than Mathurin. What is Vegas thinking or hearing that makes that make sense to them? Mathurin has always made the most sense at 8. He fits the culture, fits a need, is a top 10 talent and will likely be there at 8. I've always assumed he will be the pick.

Jabari Smith (let a brotha dream)
    Ben Mathurin
    Dyson Daniels

Come out of this draft with any of those 3 and I'm happy as h3ll.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    Thats ridiculous. Name the 11 better prospects.
    That?s just him over compensating trying to prop up his favorite while tearing down a favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Jabari Smith (let a brotha dream)
    Ben Mathurin
    Dyson Daniels

Come out of this draft with any of those 3 and I'm happy as h3ll.
    That's a nice list there. For me, my favorites are:

Dyson
    Chet
    Sochan
    Duren
    Dieng
    M. Williams

I’d be content with Daniels or Mathurin if we remain at 8

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    I’d be content with Daniels or Mathurin if we remain at 8
    I think that's the consensus for most of us here. Wouldn't Sochan or Murray either.

Thread Information