Pelicans Report

Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1466

Thread: 2022 NBA Draft Lottery

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Would think not sooner than deadline unless return is too good to pass up.
    From what’s been said, return for us would be higher now than the deadline. Unless he really comes out and kills it

Probably Sharpe though.
    Honestly think Duren would be available, and if you're certain you're shipping Jax (which we should) then I'd like that pick up. I am very much in on Duren being able to play immediate minutes and having a fairly high ceiling.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yeah, you'll notice in the very comment you're responding to, I literally say ''he's not a defensive plus right now, that much is evident''. You don't need to confidence me that he's not an elite defender, I already conceded that he's *at best* neutral.
    Neutral? At the very best he's bad.

He did nore chasing than Wiley Coyote with even worse results. He was abysmal and MAC's right; he's probably capable but lazy on the defensive end.

Quote Originally Posted by coreylaron View Post
    Match Steph Curry?s production??
    I used the word help because it would have to be a collective effort most likely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I don't get it. winning games 88-82 isn't sustainable success just like winning games 131-128 ain't either
    I get what you?re saying however i am thinking of the probability of W based on the math. If the opposing team is on fire with three?s and we still are playing our best defense while only scoring two?s. Don?t think you think the odds of us winning the game are low? I mean we may keep it somewhat close but i have seen too many games to know the likely outcome.

Caesar's Sportbook has these odds for the Pels pick at #8:

All three at +450
    Dyson Daniels
    AJ Griffin
    Shaedon Sharpe

Interesting. I lean towards Sharpe.

It will be Daniels, then Mathurin, then Dieng

I don’t know if you can bet in real time but the second Woj announces the 7th pick, bet big in that order depending on who is on the board
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    It will be Daniels, then Mathurin, then Dieng

I don’t know if you can bet in real time but the second Woj announces the 7th pick, bet big in that order depending on who is on the board
    "
    OK...but be advised...if I lose...I'll be "livin' in a van, down by the river !!"

I'm rooting for chaos. Let me know when the regular season starts, and then I will care.

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Cesspool of klansman. Heh.
    I lurk over there and they're the most racist, sexist, homophobic group I've ever seen talk about sports. They need a moderator badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    It's an 8 man solid but not great draft and we get the last man.

Man... This draft would of sucked if Spurs didn't pull that late season run.
    Do you think that the Spurs' run was helped by a strategic loss by the Pelicans to the Spurs so the Spurs would wind up ahead of the Lakers?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Honestly think Duren would be available, and if you're certain you're shipping Jax (which we should) then I'd like that pick up. I am very much in on Duren being able to play immediate minutes and having a fairly high ceiling.
    I wouldn't call that a player "dropping neatly in our laps" as you put it. He is not projected to go top 8.

Why is Shamit tweeting about a possible drop for Murray to 8?

I wouldn't call that a player "dropping neatly in our laps" as you put it. He is not projected to go top 8.
    No, but he is within my own personal top 8, so I see it as falling into our laps even if whoever your favourite media guy is doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy View Post
    Because it is possible. There are only 4 locks to go 1-7. There is a scenario where any of the next 4 are the guy sitting there at 8.

For instance, Pistons like Mathurin a lot. He goes 5. Carlisle loves Daniels and convinces FO to go with him. Blazers take Sharpe because Dame loves him and voila, Murray is there. Or Indy trades their pick for Collins and 16, Hawks would take Daniels. Again, Sharpe to Blazers.

Likely? No. But anybody who has watched the draft for the last 15 years knows that something wild happens more likely than not. Danny Granger was mocked between 5-7 in every one I saw leading up to that draft. Same with Kawhi. Both fell. Justice Winslow was supposed to go between 4-6, went 10th. Haliburton was between 4-8 on most mocks, fell to 12. Nobody had Giddey going 6 last year. Before we traded the pick, people were saying he would be a reach at 10

I can list 1000 more examples. Stuff happens on the actual day

Because it is possible. There are only 4 locks to go 1-7. There is a scenario where any of the next 4 are the guy sitting there at 8.

For instance, Pistons like Mathurin a lot. He goes 5. Carlisle loves Daniels and convinces FO to go with him. Blazers take Sharpe because Dame loves him and voila, Murray is there. Or Indy trades their pick for Collins and 16, Hawks would take Daniels. Again, Sharpe to Blazers.

Likely? No. But anybody who has watched the draft for the last 15 years knows that something wild happens more likely than not. Danny Granger was mocked between 5-7 in every one I saw leading up to that draft. Same with Kawhi. Both fell. Justice Winslow was supposed to go between 4-6, went 10th. Haliburton was between 4-8 on most mocks, fell to 12. Nobody had Giddey going 6 last year. Before we traded the pick, people were saying he would be a reach at 10

I can list 1000 more examples. Stuff happens on the actual day
    How would you feel about Murray if he fell (instead of Daniels)?

Jump on him in a millisecond.

There are 8 guys. Whoever falls there, just take. Mathurin excites me the least of the 8, but still more than Dieng. I think they should just wait there and take whoever is left.

Jump on him in a millisecond.

There are 8 guys. Whoever falls there, just take. Mathurin excites me the least of the 8, but still more than Dieng. I think they should just wait there and take whoever is left.
    I agree with you on that. I think it is an 8 player draft.

I wish somehow Murray would fall to us. I haven't really talked much about him because I didn't think there was a chance. I hope he falls to us!

I agree with you on that. I think it is an 8 player draft.
    I mean, history will say it isnt and several guys will be better than a few in that 8. But right now, I just cant talk myself into anybody over any of those 8. But again, history will prove me wrong. Dont mean I wont have an opinion tomorrow night lol

I mean, history will say it isnt and several guys will be better than a few in that 8. But right now, I just cant talk myself into anybody over any of those 8. But again, history will prove me wrong. Dont mean I wont have an opinion tomorrow night lol
    Yeah, probably 3-5 will disappoint based on where selected.

Quote Originally Posted by coreylaron View Post
    How soon y?all wanna get rid of Jaxson? Before/on draft night? Deadline? Ride it out to free agency?
    Keep Hayes and trade Valanciunas at the 2024 trade deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy View Post
    Age tends to always drags down a player stock at the very end....

Not always age. Winslow was young, Haliburton too. A lot of guys who drop are age, but I also see a lot of guys fall who werent top recruits or who do a lot well but nothing perceived to be great, or strangely were really productive in school (as some think they've reached their ceiling as a result). Johnny Davis would be an example of this for those who believe in him.

I think Ivey and Mathurin go 4 and 5. And if we think Sharpe or Daniels goes 7, then it all comes down to Indy. If they dont take Murray, he is probably there at 8

Thread Information