Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 NBA Draft Lottery

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    So, a lot of whispers that Sharpe is really trying to direct where he is gonna go, much like Haliburton two years ago. Looking for the right fit and staff more than anything. Will be curious to see if we are one of the teams he covets. Could fall to us if so. If he gets past 5, I doubt he will try to get to Indy and Portland seems to want someone a little less raw and unknown.

I still have him at 3 on my board. Traits like that come along once a half decade at the guard position. I see Ant but with better footwork and even more explosion. I would run the card up if he fell to 8, and honestly, I would give Indy or Detroit a pick just to ensure the Pels got him.
    What's his human level like?

That’s the X factor. I don’t know, nor do I know how our FO rates his human-ness
    @mcnamara247

So, a lot of whispers that Sharpe is really trying to direct where he is gonna go, much like Haliburton two years ago. Looking for the right fit and staff more than anything. Will be curious to see if we are one of the teams he covets. Could fall to us if so. If he gets past 5, I doubt he will try to get to Indy and Portland seems to want someone a little less raw and unknown.

I still have him at 3 on my board. Traits like that come along once a half decade at the guard position. I see Ant but with better footwork and even more explosion. I would run the card up if he fell to 8, and honestly, I would give Indy or Detroit a pick just to ensure the Pels got him.
    That's interesting because Jake Fischer was talking about him and saying sometimes top picks are choosy about their draft destination because they want to go higher/get more money in a specific draft slot.

But the talk around him is more about fit vs. high dollar pick?

I doubt he will try to get to Indy
    What does this even mean?

Has the draft flipped on it's head this year?

Or do draftees dictate where they want to go more than anyone realises?
    Last edited by AusPel; 05-24-2022 at 12:08 PM.

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    What's his human level like?
    If it's not over 9000, I don't want em.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    What are the whispers regarding Sharpe? Immature?

He's younger than all the other guys, so wouldn't be surprising.
    AJ Griffin, Duren, Keels, Nzosa are all younger than Sharpe. Jean Montero the same age. According to https://tankathon.com/mock_draft So he's not younger than all the other guys. But maybe you meant in game experience level (no college play).

"Welcome to smokescreen szn:

According to John Hollingerof The Athletic, it appears the Magic are favoriting center Chet Holmgren with the prized pick.

According to Jonathon Givony of ESPN, most NBA teams firmly believe that Jabari Smith is assured to be the top pick."

https://twitter.com/BrandonKravitz/s...UH45J2-SUSPIfA
    Last edited by Rheem654; 05-24-2022 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    What does this even mean?

Has the draft flipped on it's head this year?

Or do draftees dictate where they want to go more than anyone realises?
    Its pretty common knowledge - at least I think. Been going on for decades. Prospects regular refuse certain workouts or dont give medicals to certain teams, etc. Very, very common

How do you feel about the gap between Sharpe and Daniels? Daniels is starting to feel like a superstar potential guy in really unique way. But Sharpe in the more traditional super-scorer SG role. Trading up to 4, 5, 6 feels like a real possibility with the extra picks to consolidate. Will be very fun to see how it plays out.

New Shaedon interview with Shams:

definitely seems like BI, soft-spoken, chill, low emotion.

New Sharpe Scouting Report (Hoop Intellect):

I keep going back and forth on all these prospects. One interesting possibility (especially if we're hell bent on making a long term go with Zion) is Jeremy Sochan. If you're going to play heavy minutes with CJ, BI, Zion, and/or Jonas, it would really help to have more than one lock down defender out there. While Dyson's defense is intriguing, I think he's far from a safe bet in being a high end NBA defender.

While Sochan obviously doesn't have the offensive potential that Dyson does, he is far more physical than Dyson and is a safer bet to be a Herb Jones level of defender. Surround three high end offensive players with two high end defensive players, and you can cause a lot of teams trouble.
    Last edited by Freyfamilyreuni; 05-24-2022 at 09:09 PM.

https://fanspo.com/nba/s/pelicans/tr...-perfect-trade
    (works in trade checker. Can SAC do this with their cap space? Or would Holiday and/or T. Davis salary be needed?)

SAC trades: # 4 pick, Holmes, Harkless
    SAC receives: Siakam, '24/25 LAL pick (top-3? protected)

TOR trades: Siakam, Birch
    TOR receives: # 8 pick, '23 LAL pick swap *(best of LAL/NOP, top-1 protected [Webanyama insurance]), Hayes, Holmes, Harkless

NOP trades: # 8 , '23 LAL pick swap*, Hayes
    NOP receives: # 4 pick , Birch

Raptors pivot to a roster re-set, swapping out Siakam and his contract for the #8 overall pick, a 2023 Lakers (better of LAL/NOP), and other smaller contracts. They also get a flyer on J. Hayes who could thrive in their uber-athlete system. Holmes is a stop-gap starter/bench C on a decent contract. The real prize is the #8 overall pick, where they trust their scouting to get the perfect fit young potential star. One of: Sochan, Daniels, Mathurin, Dieng, Griffin, Duren, etc.

Precious / Holmes
    Anunoby / Hayes / Harkless
    S.Barnes / Yuta / Banton
    Trent / *Daniels
    VanVleet / Flynn

+2023 LAL pick swap (better of LAL or NOP)

Kings want to add a star to help their win-now approach. Here they use the #4 pick to get Siakam, a near-perfect fit alongside Sabonis and Fox, along with shedding Holmes mis-fit contract, and adding a valuable 2024 LAL pick which can be deferred to 2025. This is negotiable, depending on how valuable one views Siakam or the #4 pick.

Sabonis / Len / Queta
    Siakam / Metu
    Barnes / Holiday
    Mitchell / T. Davis
    Fox / FA

Pelicans cash in their Lakers picks to move up to #4 to have a chance to draft a tier-2 level potential superstar. It would be down to Ivey or Sharpe, most likely, players who project to have a much high superstar potential level than prospects at # 8. With a full roster of contributors, they have the luxury of swinging for the fences.

Jonas / Willy / Birch
    Zion / Nance
    Ingram / Murphy / Naji
    Herb / *Sharpe / Graham
    McCullom / Alvarado / Kira

Has this possibility of Sharpe falling to 8, been speculated anywhere else? Really weird timing that "Locked on Pels" just dropped an episode: "Shaedon Sharpe Dropping to Pelicans in NBA Draft?" .... sus.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Those in the know...they know. You know?

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Has this possibility of Sharpe falling to 8, been speculated anywhere else? Really weird timing that "Locked on Pels" just dropped an episode: "Shaedon Sharpe Dropping to Pelicans in NBA Draft?" .... sus.

This is a very flat, below average draft outside of the top 4. So who knows how this thing will go.

However, no way in hell Sharpe drops to 8.

Sharpe - So a bit like Kobe and how he said that he wouldn't play for the Hornets and wanted the Lakers?

I know that this isn't the full story, but that's the gist.

With how the FO is putting an onus on high character, blue chip guys who buy more into 'The Family' than individualism.....I wonder how much Sharpe [I]choosing[I] his team after that red flag of a college season will turn us off the Sharpe Train.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    With how the FO is putting an onus on high character, blue chip guys who buy more into 'The Family' than individualism.....I wonder how much Sharpe [I]choosing[I] his team after that red flag of a college season will turn us off the Sharpe Train.
    Unless he chooses the Pels, of course

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    AJ Griffin, Duren, Keels, Nzosa are all younger than Sharpe. Jean Montero the same age. According to https://tankathon.com/mock_draft So he's not younger than all the other guys. But maybe you meant in game experience level (no college play).
    Damn, guess I should've looked that up before assuming he was the youngest because he came out early and was supposed to be in next year's class. I assumed he was 6 months-1 year younger than most of the true freshmen in this class. That's interesting. I'd be ecstatic to get Sharpe. That type of upside falling to 8 would be too much to pass. I don't care if it turns out he's not a human at all. He can be a descendant of our Draconion Reptilian overlords and I'd still take him at 8.

I would bet the top 8 goes like this

Chet
    Smith
    Paolo
    Ivey
    Sharpe
    Murry
    Dyson
    Mathurin

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I would bet the top 8 goes like this

Chet
    Smith
    Paolo
    Ivey
    Sharpe
    Murry
    Dyson
    Mathurin
    Kings drafting another combo guard would be so hilarious but not that surprising knowing their draft history.

I have watched enough NBA Draft to not say things like "no way X guy falls"

There was no way Nerlens Noel or Ben McLemore would be on the board for us at 6 in 2013....they both were. No way Danny Granger or Kawhi would fall out of the top 10. Justice Winslow was gonna go either 4, 5, or 6. Just two years ago, there was no way Haliburton would fall out of the top 10. Almost every year, someone falls a bit. The AD year, Drummond was supposed to go top 6, maybe as high as #3

The path to Sharpe falling to 8 would look something like:

Top 3 guys go in whatever order
    Kings - Ivey
    Pistons - Murray
    Pacers - Daniels or Mathurin
    Blazers - Duren

I wouldnt say that is IMPOSSIBLE. But as someone said, the thing you have to worry about most there is someone trading to 7 and getting him. Makes me wonder what it would take to get to #6. Guarantees you get one of Sharpe, Murray, or Ivey. Would you give up our own 2024 pick for that? I think thats about the max I would give up to swap with 6, and if say the draft goes like above and Indy knows Sharpe doesnt want to play there, why not grab an extra first and still get a Daniels or Mathurin or Sochan, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Blattman View Post
    Kings drafting another combo guard would be so hilarious but not that surprising knowing their draft history.
    The irony is, they should have taken another one -- by the name of Luka Doncic.

You gotta take the guy you think will be the best in the top 5, regardless of your current roster. But word is that they have already had convos with multiple teams and they are either expected to trade back or trade out all together. I dont see any player being available that would be worth that pick, so likely a trade back and get a player, similar to what we did with Jonas last year. 4 for 6 and Brogdon could make some sense. Pacers get Ivey to pair with Haliburton. They would be a really awesome fit, actually.
    Last edited by MichaelMcNamara; 05-25-2022 at 09:32 AM.

I just don't see Griffin wanting to deal with another diva with a "camp" who gives said diva questionable advice.

GM's usually go back to the well on past successes and shy away from past failures. Jaxson Hayes, high potential, but raw and unproven. Results: meh. Herb Jones, Trey Murhpy, Alverado, competitive, proven college players with (allegedly) limited upside, immediate returns on the investment.

Zion. Ultra talented player who may feel constrained playing in a small market with a very intrusive "camp" that tried to get Griffin fired. Does he want to possibly deal with that again with Sharpe?

Thread Information