Pelicans Report

Page 47 of 59 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1466

Thread: 2022 NBA Draft Lottery

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Chet Holmgren said he's going to be the best player in the NBA the night he's drafted, but for some reason people don't call him a moron
    He's an idiot too then.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Finally returning to the boards as the draft draws ever nearer. Sadly haven't done nearly as much draft stuff this year as in the last few but I'm still pretty hyped. Got some guys I really like, some guys I'm optimistic about, and some hot takes - as seems to often be the case - so it'll be fun to see how it all pans out.

Still in Chet at #1, followed by Paolo and Ivey with Smith at 4. Got Duren, Griffin, Sharpe, Daniels, Eason, Murray rounding out the top ten, probably roughly in that order though it does depend a bit based on the team doing the drafting (not for fit, but projections for development arc). Maturin, Sochan, Davis, Dieng all in that next group after that.

I guess my hot take there is that I like Eason a lot more than some of the voices I've seen on Twitter do - I think Shamit is fully sold on Dieng top 10 and Eason considerably lower, for example.

Will be fun to see what happens.
    So the LSU guy to Nawlins?

Dat romance

The 'eloquence' stuff is lame.

A lot of good players who aren't great at public speaking (like Drew Brees... for example.)

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfox View Post
    The 'eloquence' stuff is lame.

A lot of good players who aren't great at public speaking (like Drew Brees... for example.)
    CJ is probably in the top 3 speakers in the league. Is he a top 3 player in the league?

The answer is no. There is a correlation, but it's far from 1 to 1. There would be more outliers in this distribution than one would expect from a normal Bell Curve

Last edited by AusPel; 06-21-2022 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    This seems to be what the rumors are saying.

With Mathurin and Daniels gone do we swing for the fences with Dieng or Sharpe?

Maybe we go defense with Sochan or Duren.

CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

The award for the most disrespectful trade proposal of all time goes to

It's been an age and my blood is still boiling

The utter disrespect for the other team involved in the trade is unfathomable

Guess I can lump GSW and Laker fans together again
    Last edited by AusPel; 06-21-2022 at 04:16 PM.

Herb AND #8 for Poole? Are they nuts?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Don't even write the words, please

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    That is about as clueless as they come.

You can just see the entitlement written all over his Avatar

I was raging, now I just think he's as pathetic as he looks

The Golden tie says it all

So the LSU guy to Nawlins?

Dat romance
    Eason reminds me a lot of Brandon Clarke from a few years ago.

Multi-year college player who gets criticised because he's not an elite shooter and is a bit undersized for traditional notions of the 4/5, but who is a physically powerful defender who plays with consistent aggression and energy, has some ability to control the ball - particularly in transition - but isn't a serious creator in the half court.

Of course, he's not exactly the same. Clarke had a worse wingspan but was one of the most ridiculous second-jump athletes I've ever seen and was extraordinarily cerebral defensively, whereas Eason is more gifted in terms of measurements but doesn't have the same level of preternatural defensive feel that Clarke showed. But still, a lot of similarities. I wonder if, like Clarke, he'll also drop out of the lottery and gift someone a steal?
    Basketball.

Multi-year college player who gets criticised because he's not an elite shooter and is a bit undersized for traditional notions of the 4/5, but who is a physically powerful defender who plays with consistent aggression and energy, has some ability to control the ball - particularly in transition - but isn't a serious creator in the half court.

Of course, he's not exactly the same. Clarke had a worse wingspan but was one of the most ridiculous second-jump athletes I've ever seen and was extraordinarily cerebral defensively, whereas Eason is more gifted in terms of measurements but doesn't have the same level of preternatural defensive feel that Clarke showed. But still, a lot of similarities. I wonder if, like Clarke, he'll also drop out of the lottery and gift someone a steal?
    His IQ has been questioned from what I've heard from the combine. I think he looks pretty damn good, from watching 5 and a half minutes of Youtube. Big, aggressive, mobile and with touch

Difference is Clark has a pretty good BBIQ. Eason reportedly does not.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Difference is Clark has a pretty good BBIQ. Eason reportedly does not.
    I've seen interviews with him where he comes across well, and have seen a lot of other scouts/NBA media types somewhat surprised by the news that he interviewed poorly. Meanwhile, Wiseman got plaudits for speaking a few sentences of Mandarin during his draft process and the dude plays basketball like he has to make choices from a Bethesda dialogue tree in real time. Kawhi Leonard also got bad feedback out of his interview process - he was so nervous when he interviewed for the Suns that he sweated through his suit and that, reportedly, made them doubt him - and LaMelo Ball got awful press following a bunch of his interviews and he's turned out alright.

I think it's fair to have some quibbles about his feel at the very highest level, but it's not like Eason just tripped and fell into a 4.5%STL and 6.5%BLK while posting one of the highest college BPMs of the last decade. He makes generally good decisions on the court.

I'm gonna be sad again when Draft Day is done

Nah, you will talk yourself into FA being more interesting than it actually will be. Then, Zion extension week. Then, you will convince yourself Summer League matters. Then, some guy will still be unsigned a month into FA and there will be a 50 page thread on why we should sign him and cut X player. Then, before you know it training camp will be here and Y player is in the best shape of his life and Kira looks poised for a bounce back. Then, some player will be disgruntled and trade rumors will proceed and you will wonder, "Should the Pels make an offer for this guy?!"

There will always be something. I have been through 30+ of these offseasons now. Never fails
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Nah, you will talk yourself into FA being more interesting than it actually will be. Then, Zion extension week. Then, you will convince yourself Summer League matters. Then, some guy will still be unsigned a month into FA and there will be a 50 page thread on why we should sign him and cut X player. Then, before you know it training camp will be here and Y player is in the best shape of his life and Kira looks poised for a bounce back. Then, some player will be disgruntled and trade rumors will proceed and you will wonder, "Should the Pels make an offer for this guy?!"

There will always be something. I have been through 30+ of these offseasons now. Never fails
    This will be my 1st NBA draft, be glad when it's over also. Summer League was fantastic last year...but that was because I just showed up for the Herbster. Any way you can talk em' into playin' Herb in the Summer League ??

I'm gonna be sad again when Draft Day is done
    You and me both friend.

On the plus side once we know who our pick is, we can spend days watching youtube clips and arguing over their fit/potential.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Welp if reports that Portland draft promised Sharpe are true, then Dyson could be NOLA bound.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Welp if reports that Portland draft promised Sharpe are true, then Dyson could be NOLA bound.
    I was told by a VERY confident person today that there was NO WAY Portland would take Sharpe

I was told by a VERY confident person today that there was NO WAY Portland would take Sharpe
    So, right now gun to your head, how do you see the top 10 picks going… and go

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    So, right now gun to your head, how do you see the top 10 picks going… and go
    Literally posted that this morning lol

Literally posted that this morning lol
    Yes you did, but in that post you said Portland takes Sharpe, now you’re saying someone you have a lot of trust in and is knowledgeable is telling you that isn’t happening, so that didn’t change the order for you?

Thread Information