Pelicans Report

Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7 47 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 1466

Thread: 2022 NBA Draft Lottery

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    If Daniels and Mathurin are gone at 8, and they can't find a trade partner... Unless Murray somehow drops I don't know what else they can do besides take Dieng.
    They can take Sharpe. Lol.
    They don't have to keep him, but if he's the player available with the most potential and perceived value, they should draft him.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    They can take Sharpe. Lol.
    They don't have to keep him, but if he's the player available with the most potential and perceived value, they should draft him.
    100%

Right. Its really not rocket science -- Murray, Sharpe, Daniels, Mathurin.... one will be there. Take him and be thrilled the Lakers were so horrible the last 3 months and gave you a great player you should have no business getting
    @mcnamara247

That’s too easy for Griff. Not enough multi syllabic words in that strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    I've watched more than I wanted to of the Ignite. Dyson likes to initiate his offense with the ball in his hands. He's not a catch and shoot guy. He likes to play in the pick and roll and he likes to drive to the basket. It's fairly easy to tell that he considers himself the point guard on the team, and his first instinct is to set up his teamates.
    Perfect for the 2nd unit and JV lineups

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Right. Its really not rocket science -- Murray, Sharpe, Daniels, Mathurin.... one will be there. Take him and be thrilled the Lakers were so horrible the last 3 months and gave you a great player you should have no business getting
    You've been saying that (you don't think) Griff would have the nuggets to take Sharpe. Maybe they're just BS'ing about that but I was going off what you have been saying. unless I missed a post where Sharpe is back in play?

Is it possible that in their deep evaluation process, the Pels front office actually views Dieng as the more talented long-term prospect than Sharpe, beyond just the "competitiveness / character " concerns?

Nobody with eyes can view him as the more talented prospect. Now, you can have a thesis that he will reach his ceiling more times than Sharpe reaches 70% of his ceiling, or that Dieng will be a more impactful addition because he will fit in and not try to stand out. Things like that. But nobody with eyes can see more talent. There is nobody more talented than Sharpe in this draft outside of maybe Banchero

If Daniels and Mathurin are gone at 8, and they can't find a trade partner... Unless Murray somehow drops I don't know what else they can do besides take Dieng.
    Sharpe

Didn't want to start a new thread but here's Joel talking draft.

Nobody with eyes can view him as the more talented prospect. Now, you can have a thesis that he will reach his ceiling more times than Sharpe reaches 70% of his ceiling, or that Dieng will be a more impactful addition because he will fit in and not try to stand out. Things like that. But nobody with eyes can see more talent. There is nobody more talented than Sharpe in this draft outside of maybe Banchero
    Eyes don't lie, they say. Yea, it doesn't take advanced scouting to see the athleticism and star guard potential in Sharpe's tape. I guess that's the flabbergasting thing about him, though: if he's THAT talented, if he's really that guy, then how can multiple bad teams be willing to pass on him for guys with lesser ceiling upside? That's the conundrum that has people assuming there must be really something off with some part of his character/drive/personality/intangibles - that would offset his draft value that much lower than his talent value.

This is such a ridiculous statement to say as fact. Cmon dude...

I think you need to look up what a fact is

Didn't want to start a new thread but here's Joel talking draft.

That was a great video. This next season is going to be awesome.

Feels to me like the Pelicans are signaling very consistently that they won’t take Sharpe.

My dog did the same thing with a waffle my son was having for breakfast. He did none of the begging and pacing he does for bacon. Acted completely disinterested. We left home to walk to school, I forgot something, came back in, and he was on the table eating the waffle.

Griff is the dog. Sharpe is the waffle.
    Last edited by NMThreeMVP; 06-22-2022 at 11:02 PM.

Feels to me like the Pelicans are signaling very consistently that they won’t take Sharpe.

My dog did the same thing with a waffle my son was having for breakfast. He did none of the begging and pacing he does for bacon. Acted completely disinterested. We left home to walk to school, I forgot something, came back in, and he was on the table eating the waffle.

Griff if the dog. Sharpe is the waffle.
    Gruff!

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Perfect for the 2nd unit and JV lineups
    Jose isnt the point guard for the 2nd unit? idk man I really am not loving the idea of getting a guard who cant shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by b_l_p View Post
    Gruff!

It really feels like a bunch of smoke machines going off right now.

Mathurin at 5th is kind of the reach that would happen... but I always find hard to believe till it actually materializes.

Griff is the dog. Sharpe is the waffle.
    I hope this is the case because it just doesn't make sense to be as down on Sharpe as the organization appears to be

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    I hope this is the case because it just doesn't make sense to be as down on Sharpe as the organization appears to be
    I could understand them having a preference for other players at 8. What doesn’t make so sense is them being so clearly publicly down on Sharpe. If you want someone to take Sharpe and push one of your guys down, the signal to send would be that you’re very high on Sharpe so that someone trades ahead of you and takes him. Leaking that they’re apparently very high on Daniels does nothing but encourage a team that really wants Daniels to trade with Portland.

See, the logic of the Pels leaks doesn’t add up. Unless they’re intentional misdirection or a sign that the Pels ship is not being run tightly.

Keegan Murray will go 4th. Ivey 5th.

Best guess on Pacer and Portland....

I could understand them having a preference for other players at 8. What doesn’t make so sense is them being so clearly publicly down on Sharpe. If you want someone to take Sharpe and push one of your guys down, the signal to send would be that you’re very high on Sharpe so that someone trades ahead of you and takes him. Leaking that they’re apparently very high on Daniels does nothing but encourage a team that really wants Daniels to trade with Portland.

See, the logic of the Pels leaks doesn’t add up. Unless they’re intentional misdirection or a sign that the Pels ship is not being run tightly.
    I mean.... the people I talk to all knew who the Pels were taking for a while leading up to the last two drafts and thats who we took. I told you all about Dieng on April 10th when he was being mocked in the 20s. And Daniels and Mathurin more recently, and others have finally caught up.

I could tell you they run a tight ship if that will make you feel better, but their stuff is always out there. Cant remember the last thing they did that I didnt hear about a while before, aside from Zion. Nobody knew about the foot prior to training camp. But that was mostly because everyone in the FO was terrified of upsetting Zion then, so thats the one guy they never talked to others about and let stuff out on.

Thread Information