Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Zion to Hornets?

Zion to Hornets?

We have hit the time where there just isn't any real Pels news till the lottery.
    I saw this trade proposed on the NBA Analysis network ????
    Most of these trade ideas are laughable, but this one at least made me stop and think about it.
    I figured we needed something to talk about.... so

What do you guys think of this one, again, not from me, not sure it is even possible, just thought worth talking about.

NBA Analysis Network

Charlotte Hornets Receive: F Zion Williamson, G Devonte? Graham, C Jaxson Hayes

New Orleans Pelicans Receive: F Miles Bridges (via sign-and-trade), G Terry Rozier, F/C P.J. Washington, 2022 First-Round Pick (via NOP), Two Future First-Round Picks
    Last edited by redrum; 05-07-2022 at 06:18 PM.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Bridges will get paid too much fr this to work. So it's pretty much dead on arrival I think? Also isn't there restrictions with multiple players being involved in sign and trades?

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    Bridges will get paid too much fr this to work. So it's pretty much dead on arrival I think? Also isn't there restrictions with multiple players being involved in sign and trades?
    I am guessing it would be 2 trades, in the end being folded into one. As for Bridges getting paid, Zion getting paid might even that out.
    Still not sure it would be worth it, but as stupid as most of these kind of proposals are, at least this one is interesting.
    Last edited by redrum; 05-07-2022 at 07:39 PM.

Easy pass for me there's no one coming over that is even an all star caliber player. I'd rather hold on to zion for that package

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Yeah. No chance this is something to even consider. You trade Zion because you're getting back something substantial and his potential here is not salvageable.

Wack.

This isn't interesting at all. Was this really talked about on a network? Sounds made up honestly, that's how silly it is.

The Franchise
    Yea not the best in my eyes. Have to be a top 3 pick and other picks and players. Let’s say the Knicks win the lottery and they give us 4 total first, I MIGHT consider it. All depending how much Zion wants to be here

That's not slightly interesting.

Season Ticket Holder
    NO.

What is "NBA Analysis Network?"

I was not trying to say this site was anything more than some 12 year old trying to team LeMelo and Zion together.
    That said the framework of this stupid proposal, the actual parts just made me think.

Sure the Pels would be giving up ZION, Jax (meh), and everyone's favorite whipping boy DeVante but the pieces coming back are interesting .
    Maybe only for this discussion.

The Pels would receive,
    1. Miles Bridges, a 24 yr old blossoming All-star, Averaged 20 - 7 - 4. Much like Ingram was.
    2.Terry Rozier, a 27 yr old starting caliber PG, more seasoned + coming off a 19 - 4 -4. year. Good defender. Very similar to Lonzo, but not as tall.
    3. PJ Washington a 23 yr old big who has averaged 12 and 5 for his 3 year career plus can hit a three. Solid player aka Hart.

All three could start or be valuable bench pieces. Bridges starts, Go Big start PJ, Go Small start Rozier.
    Add this group with what the Pels already have and I believe it would resemble the Suns.

4. 3 #1 draft picks!

I am not saying this is the trade the Pels should make, but I do think this would be the kind of return they would be looking for if Zion and the team decide to split.
    Probably a different team, different players, more picks, who knows, but I think it would look similar to this.
    Last edited by redrum; 05-09-2022 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    I was not trying to say this site was anything more than some 12 year old trying to team LeMelo and Zion together.
    That said the framework of this stupid proposal, the actual parts just made me think.

Sure the Pels would be giving up ZION, Jax (meh), and everyone's favorite whipping boy DeVante but the pieces coming back are interesting .
    Maybe only for this discussion.

The Pels would receive,
    1. Miles Bridges, a 24 yr old blossoming All-star, Averaged 20 - 7 - 4. Much like Ingram was.
    2.Terry Rozier, a 27 yr old starting caliber PG, more seasoned + coming off a 19 - 4 -4. year. Good defender. Very similar to Lonzo, but not as tall.
    3. PJ Washington a 23 yr old big who has averaged 12 and 5 for his 3 year career plus can hit a three. Solid player aka Hart.

All three could start or be valuable bench pieces. Bridges starts, Go Big start PJ, Go Small start Rozier.
    Add this group with what the Pels already have and I believe it would resemble the Suns.

4. 3 #1 draft picks!

I am not saying this is the trade the Pels should make, but I do think this would be the kind of return they would be looking for if Zion and the team decide to split.
    Probably a different team, different players, more picks, who knows, but I think it would look similar to this.
    It's not three #1 draft picks, it's 3 first rounders. Which could easily be worse than top 10. No thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    It's not three #1 draft picks, it's 3 first rounders. Which could easily be worse than top 10. No thanks
    I am guessing that you believe Zion will have a healthy HOF Career. I hope he does, with the Pels!
    If he doesn't, and perennially misses 20 or more games a year, those picks might be nice.
    That is what makes this so hard to figure.

ps....I am not stupid enough to imply 3 #1 (in the draft) picks, I was just saying 1st round picks.
    Last edited by redrum; 05-10-2022 at 12:17 AM.

edit
    Last edited by Taker597; 05-10-2022 at 12:27 AM.

OK.. edit..delete..done!
    I was trying to talk about the framework of any potential Zion deal.
    Get it, not interesting! Back to lurking.

I am guessing that you believe Zion will have a healthy HOF Career. I hope he does, with the Pels!
    If he doesn't, and perennially misses 20 or more games a year, those picks might be nice.
    That is what makes this so hard to figure.

ps....I am not stupid enough to imply 3 #1 (in the draft) picks, I was just saying 1st round picks.
    If I'm dealing Zion to a team for 1sts, I want it to be to a bonafide, bottom 5ish team

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar

OK.. edit..delete..done!
    I was trying to talk about the framework of any potential Zion deal.
    Get it, not interesting! Back to lurking.
    Yeah, I thought my response was very contrive.

Contrive ... definition ... manage to do something foolish or create an undesirable situation. Well done!

Also, pretty sure the correct use of the word you were looking for would be contrived, but hey you tried.
    The edit button might help with that.

Contrive ... definition ... manage to do something foolish or create an undesirable situation. Well done!

Also, pretty sure the correct use of the word you were looking for would be contrived, but hey you tried.
    The edit button might help with that.
    currently on the go. If you can't comprehend shorthand terminology. that's your problem. The logical deduction works the same.

Use logic? Be a smart ******? Hit edit? Sometimes I get confused which to do!

Use logic? Be a smart ******? Hit edit? Sometimes I get confused which to do!
    Sounds like you need a drink or a life. People make mistakes. Get over yourself. I don't owe you anything.

Thread Information