Pelicans Report

Thread: Watching this Mavs / Suns Game thinking the Pels are really good

Watching this Mavs / Suns Game thinking the Pels are really good

The Pels are really good. We were more competitive than the Mavs

The Mavs just hangs out at the 3 point line .

It's the matchup as well... suns dominated the boards against the mavs which they couldn't do against us. They are somewhat even with fouls and only a slight edge to the mavs in ft attempts, which we also dominated them at.

If it was mavs vs pels i think the mavs would look better because we don't matchup well with them

Mavs are in luxury tax territory, would you believe

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Mavs are in luxury tax territory, would you believe
    We are $7 million away from being one ourselves

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    We are $7 million away from being one ourselves
    But Mavs are Doncic and 14 high to low range role players

We have a legitimate big three

Quote Originally Posted by AtlPelsFan View Post
    The Pels are really good. We were more competitive than the Mavs
    I didn’t watch this game but checking the score, the Mavs lost by…7.

Is that really all that different from game 1 in our series with the Suns where the Suns won by 11?

Imagine where we'd be now if Willie figured out earlier in the series that CP3 needed to be trapped or if he trusted Murphy enough to play the rook over Jaxson or if Graham's minutes were split between Alvarado and Murphy or if Griff let Zion play just 10 minutes against whatever bench players the Suns had out there

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Imagine where we'd be now if Willie figured out earlier in the series that CP3 needed to be trapped or if he trusted Murphy enough to play the rook over Jaxson or if Graham's minutes were split between Alvarado and Murphy or if Griff let Zion play just 10 minutes against whatever bench players the Suns had out there
    What's those sayings about 'hindsight'???

If 'if' was skiff, we'd all be on a boat ride.

or

Hindsight is always 20:20.

or

It is easy to be wise after the event.

or

It's always so easy to say what everyone should have done when you know that what they actually did didn't work.

~~~~

While learning from the past has benefit; projecting that acquired knowledge backwards proves nothing about an unalterable past (i.e. Ja over Zion??).

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Imagine if CP3 got treated as if he played for Golden State and got Flagrant 2 fouls for the obvious groin kick on Jose and for smashing Herb's head, or even Flagrant 1 treatment for both of his game 6 4Q "incidental" hits to Jose's face. Imagine if the Pelicans got a fair shake from the refs, or God forbid a home court advantage. Sorry, can't let it go.....

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRox View Post
    I didn?t watch this game but checking the score, the Mavs lost by?7.

Is that really all that different from game 1 in our series with the Suns where the Suns won by 11?
    Yes.

Pelicans had just come off a grueling do-or-die stretch and triumphed. Then only had 1 day "rest", which was a travel day before game 1 in Phoenix. That game was a gift for the Suns.

Mavs had half the week to get ready. And that game was no where near as close as the final score indicated.
    Last edited by luckyman; 05-07-2022 at 10:26 PM.

I’m so sick of players sprawling on the ground like they’ve been shot to get the refs to review something for a flagrant.

Man this thread really aged well

Man having a superstar sure is amazing! I really thought suns was going to take this series...Luka is so special! Suns could've had him as well

Thread Information