Thread: 2022-23 Offseason Thread

Wait and Hayes over Zion???? Wtf LMAO
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    A rookie starting over CJ?
    He's right about taking Daniels though

Quote Originally Posted by JR SMITH View Post
    Been coming to this forum since early 2000's, don't remember old log in.
    I believe you to have a handle of Hornets era JR

Wait and Hayes over Zion???? Wtf LMAO
    To ease back into the rotation, yes.

A rookie starting over CJ?
    Yes, CJM would be a great 6th man. I'd also be looking at the 2023 trade deadline to trade McCollum with Temple and/or Graham for a player around McCollum's ability, but younger. Or someone with the potential to be as good, that's younger.

Yes, CJM would be a great 6th man. I'd also be looking at the 2023 trade deadline to trade McCollum with Temple and/or Graham for a player around McCollum's ability, but younger. Or someone with the potential to be as good, that's younger.
    CJ isn't going anywhere. Too valuable on and off the court. I just hope we don't overpay on the next contract

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    CJ isn't going anywhere. Too valuable on and off the court. I just hope we don't overpay on the next contract
    Duncan Robinson may not become close to the player McCollum is, but what about trading McCollum for Luke Kennard? 2023 trade deadline trade, if the Pelicans are 7-10 in the standings with everyone healthy. Can involve a third team to also move Temple and/or Graham.

Starters

Daniels
    Ingram
    Jones
    Williamson
    Valanciunas

Reserves

Alvarado/Lewis Jr.
    Kennard
    Murphy III
    Hayes
    Nance Jr.

Not sure which other player(s) could come back to the Pelicans.
    Last edited by JR SMITH; 06-01-2022 at 02:45 PM.

Duncan Robinson may not become close to the player McCollum is, but what about trading McCollum for Luke Kennard? 2023 trade deadline trade, if the Pelicans are 7-10 in the standings with everyone healthy. Can involve a third team to also move Temple and/or Graham.

Starters

Daniels
    Ingram
    Jones
    Williamson
    Valanciunas

Reserves

Alvarado/Lewis Jr.
    Kennard
    Murphy III
    Hayes
    Nance Jr.

MM you have my permission fam lol

Okay I?ll just put the draft machine on here for now. Sorry if I offended the Graham supporters today.

Remember when this site was drooling for Kemba? Would you do it now?

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=28yvwuow

Let’s strip the Lakers of what talent they got now that we broke their draft.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2a6hdx3d

Season Ticket Holder
    If you've been paying attention, CJ is untradable this offseason. That would destroy all the buy-in and feel-good from last season.

Starters

Daniels
    Ingram
    Jones
    Williamson
    Valanciunas

Reserves

Alvarado/Lewis Jr.
    Kennard
    Murphy III
    Hayes
    Nance Jr.

Yall know this dude is trolling right? Surely no one is actually believing that he believes this ********. Trade McCollum for Kennard, start Hayes over Zion, etc.. yall are getting trolled. Don't feed it.

The irony is JR Smith is one of the best comps out there for Benedict Mathurin
    @mcnamara247

To be fair there hasn't been a troll on here in a while so I'll admit I took the bait. Been decent on here lately so JR Smith caught me off guard lol

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Wasn't JR more of a shot creator coming into the league?

I feel like the best comp for Mathurin has been Houston Ben McLemore

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Folks forget JR Smiff was drafted by... New Orleans.

Wasn't JR more of a shot creator coming into the league?

I feel like the best comp for Mathurin has been Houston Ben McLemore
    I personally like Jason Richardson as his realistic ceiling

Best Mathurin feels more like Jaylen Brown, no?

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    Best Mathurin feels more like Jaylen Brown, no?
    Highest ceiling comp I can give Mathurin is closer to Ray Allen than Brown. I don’t think Mathurin ever is really great on D but Brown will never have the movement shooting Mathurin does either.

19 yr old Ray Allen and 19 year old Mathurin have a ton in common. Question is whether Mathurin will have Allen’s insane work ethic

Where do y'all think Pat Williams would go in this draft? Probably top-5. I'm sure Bulls are in for the long-term developing his potential, but they could be pressured to impress Lavine to re-sign. And Williams is one of their only asset, players or picks, they can realistically trade to improve.

Here's a fun one that everyone here will be mad about:
    https://fanspo.com/nba/s/pelicans/tr...w-2-simplified

Bulls get: OG Anunoby

Raps get: #8 pick, '23 LAL/NOP 1st, top-3 protected, Hayes

Pels get: Patrick Williams

Bulls add a win-now player who's still on Lavine's timeline, and also with Klutch agency. Helps convince Lavine to re-sign long-term. OG is the perfect fit there, and losing Patrick Williams' potential is big, but so is OG's, and he's much more ready to contribute now.

Raptors let OG chase a bigger role, and re-set with the #8 pick and a '23 1st (better of Lakers or Pels). Rumor has it, they're very interested in Daniels, who could be there at 8. Sochan, Mathurin, Duren, Griffin, Dieng are options there, too. They also get a chance at Hayes' potential, who could thrive in their up-tempo athlete system.

Pels key in on a recent high lotto pick Patrick Williams, and see him as the perfect high potential prospect to go all in for. More picks could be added, Murphy included is also possible in different variations, if Pels front office see greatness potential in PatWill.

*Sure, Raptors could just take Pat Williams themselves, but I made the trade with Pat to Pels in mind. Regardless, it's logical that Pelicans could swoop in and offer a pick package that Raptors like more.

Vucevic / Bradley
    Anunoby / *Lidell
    DeRozan / Green / Naji
    Lavine / Caruso
    Ball / Ayo

Achuia / Hayes / Birch
    Siakam /
    Barnes / Banton
    Trent /
    VanVleet / *Daniels

+'23 LAL/NOP 1st

Jonas / Nance / Willy
    Zion / Williams
    Ingram / Murphy
    Jones / Kira
    McCullom / Jose / Graham

Future Ultra-Wing line-up that will dominate league for next 10 years:

Pat
    Zion
    Murphy
    BI
    Herb

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Where do y'all think Pat Williams would go in this draft? Probably top-5. I'm sure Bulls are in for the long-term developing his potential, but they could be pressured to impress Lavine to re-sign. And Williams is one of their only asset, players or picks, they can realistically trade to improve.

Here's a fun one that everyone here will be mad about:
    https://fanspo.com/nba/s/pelicans/tr...w-2-simplified

Bulls get: OG Anunoby

Raps get: #8 pick, '23 LAL/NOP 1st, top-3 protected, Hayes

Pels get: Patrick Williams

Bulls add a win-now player who's still on Lavine's timeline, and also with Klutch agency. Helps convince Lavine to re-sign long-term. OG is the perfect fit there, and losing Patrick Williams' potential is big, but so is OG's, and he's much more ready to contribute now.

Raptors let OG chase a bigger role, and re-set with the #8 pick and a '23 1st (better of Lakers or Pels). Rumor has it, they're very interested in Daniels, who could be there at 8. Sochan, Mathurin, Duren, Griffin, Dieng are options there, too. They also get a chance at Hayes' potential, who could thrive in their up-tempo athlete system.

Pels key in on a recent high lotto pick Patrick Williams, and see him as the perfect high potential prospect to go all in for. More picks could be added, Murphy included is also possible in different variations, if Pels front office see greatness potential in PatWill.

*Sure, Raptors could just take Pat Williams themselves, but I made the trade with Pat to Pels in mind. Regardless, it's logical that Pelicans could swoop in and offer a pick package that Raptors like more.

Vucevic / Bradley
    Anunoby / *Lidell
    DeRozan / Green / Naji
    Lavine / Caruso
    Ball / Ayo

Achuia / Hayes / Birch
    Siakam /
    Barnes / Banton
    Trent /
    VanVleet / *Daniels

+'23 LAL/NOP 1st

Jonas / Nance / Willy
    Zion / Williams
    Ingram / Murphy
    Jones / Kira
    McCullom / Jose / Graham

Future Ultra-Wing line-up that will dominate league for next 10 years:

Pat
    Zion
    Murphy
    BI
    Herb
    Yuck. Pat Williams is not good and trading 2 picks for him when he is up for a new deal in two years is insane.

I would rather have OG than Williams and thats an overpay for both of them

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    I would rather have OG than Williams and thats an overpay for both of them
    Agreed.

I am not even sure Pat Williams is better than Jaxson Hayes right now. If he is, the difference is minimal. Both are power forwards who are marginal shooters (though Williams is better than Hayes) and don't kill you on defense, but aren't big pluses either. Their production is very similar, but Hayes achieves his statistics in 5-10 fewer minutes and so is more productive per minute. They are one year apart in age.

I think Jaxson is a significantly better athlete. Williams had injury issues which kept him out of most of his second year, whereas Jaxson has been healthy. I don't love Jaxson, but the bloom is off the rose for Williams too.

OG is actually really good and is close to age to BI, so feel like giving up those picks for him would be defensible. Not sure if Toronto does that, but it is a conversation starter. I don't think the Pels are at a place they should do that trade, but there's a logic to that and you're at least getting a player in his prime who helps you and is a perfect fit.
    Last edited by Biasvasospasm; 06-02-2022 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biasvasospasm View Post
    Yuck. Pat Williams is not good and trading 2 picks for him when he is up for a new deal in two years is insane.
    Hyperbole much? What scouting departments are you working with to make this assessment of him? It's fine if you don't think he is good, but our scouting sources around the league still rave about his potential: still only 20 and has the body, fluidity, defense and skill to develop into a 1-5 all-nba defender with offensive skill.

2 less years on a rookie contract? Okay sure, not ideal. But if the scouting department tells you this is a player that will develop into core piece (PatWill can be) -- then you invest in that development. The contract stuff can be dealt with when time comes. Who knows, by the time he's up for a new contract -- he's catapulted his play under Willie Green, Vinson, CJ, BI and Herb's tutelage -- and he's well on his way to becoming Kawai 2.5, and you're glad to give him the big contract, or sign-and-trade for equal value.

Insane? Maybe. But it takes cajones to take the necessary risks to hit big on prospect potential.

Thread Information