Pelicans Report

Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54 55 LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1361

Thread: 2022-23 Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Dud View Post
    Getting back to basketball, a quick question. Folks back home wanna know what Herb will be making when the Pels make their next offer.. I'm fairly useless, in that area...so somebody give a ballpark figure. Let's assume Herb ends this season with maybe 12/14 pts per game...36% from 3...2nd team All-Defense...PLUS apparently a never before seen, to the folks back home anyway...effective 15' pull up jumper.
    His high end is probably right around 4/100. Low end maybe 5/90 or so

Mac do you still have the same interest in Malik Beasley? Because I would much rather give Dyson and Kira all the chances to take that spot, and then, if necessary, make a move at the deadline. Was that just an offseason interest?

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Mac do you still have the same interest in Malik Beasley? Because I would much rather give Dyson and Kira all the chances to take that spot, and then, if necessary, make a move at the deadline. Was that just an offseason interest?
    I'm guessing Mac had to just leave the premises...or else get neck deep into that discussion. Just the way he's wired...and there's nothing wrong with that. Anyway...thanks for the opinion on Herb.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    His high end is probably right around 4/100. Low end maybe 5/90 or so
    I think we're really starting to get to that point in NBA history where salaries are so high that it's impossible to talk about the per year earnings without sounding hyperbolic. Instead we're going to have to talk about percentages of the cap.

Personally, if Jordan Poole is being paid $35m per year on his new deal, there's no universe where Herb is worth less than $25m a year, especially if we're talking about it with the assumption that he's 36% from 3 and can self create in the midrange reliably.

That said, 2nd team all-D? The Dud imagine he's going to get worse defensively?
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Good gracious .. the bar for what makes a ?bad human being? is so incredibly low nowadays.

To me, that?s someone who abuses or rapes or robs from old ladies, etc. A guy who has a difference of opinion from the mainstream is a bad human being nowadays? I hope you guys never look to deeply into the past behaviors and beliefs of your idols - you are gonna hate what you find. On every single one of them. All ?bad human beings? by some 2022 criteria
    This!
    Dae called him a fundamentally bad person for being a Christian and having a different opinion basically. Guess tolerance for other?s beliefs are not in yours and have no problem throwing that first stone. SMH!

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I think we're really starting to get to that point in NBA history where salaries are so high that it's impossible to talk about the per year earnings without sounding hyperbolic. Instead we're going to have to talk about percentages of the cap.

Personally, if Jordan Poole is being paid $35m per year on his new deal, there's no universe where Herb is worth less than $25m a year, especially if we're talking about it with the assumption that he's 36% from 3 and can self create in the midrange reliably.

Since Herb didn't make 2nd Team All-Defense last year, it would be a step up to make 2nd team this year. Not saying he shouldn't jump all the way to 1st team this year...just not the way it usually works. FWIW: Doubt there is anyone who has Herb rated as highly as I do...with the exception of Dinky Mulberry
    Last edited by The Dud; 10-18-2022 at 08:03 PM.

It?s two separate things - yes I agree he could be an unnecessary distraction and likely not worth it on the court

But man, libs just love branding people as bad. It?s like their favorite thing to do - judge others. So embarrassed I used to be one
    Lol there?s so much wrong with this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by TennMan23 View Post
    This!
    Dae called him a fundamentally bad person for being a Christian and having a different opinion basically. Guess tolerance for other?s beliefs are not in yours and have no problem throwing that first stone. SMH!
    I didn't call him a fundamentally bad person for being a Christian or having a ''different opinion''. I called him a fundamentally bad person for being a conspiracy theorist who spoke at an extremist conference that also hosts alumni such as professional bigot and harasser of parents with dead children, Alex Jones.

Lots of good people out there who are Christian. Lots of good people out there who have different opinions to me on a variety of topics. Not many good people out there who take speaking engagements alongside Alex Jones at a conference founded by someone who believes the COVID-19 pandemic is a hoax designed to allow Bill Gates to create new species of human being via vaccine, and engages in antisemitic conspiracy theorising surrounding George Soros.

That's the last I'm going to speak on this topic, but I'm making it clear that my dislike of Isaac is not based on him being religious or just on mild disagreement but on fundamental disagreements with his worldviews that lead to direct and practical real world damage to people. Yes, I believe that kind of thing makes you a bad person. You're free to disagree with me if you want but that's my stance on the issue.

Edit: and for the record, I'm not a 'lib' either.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 10-18-2022 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dud View Post
    Since Herb didn't make 2nd Team All-Defense last year, it would be a step up to make 2nd team this year. Not saying he shouldn't jump all the way to 1st team this year...just not the way it usually works. FWIW: Doubt there is anyone who has Herb rated as highly as I do...with the exception of Dinky Mulberry
    He was 1st team All D quality last year, and I'm talking more about impact than credits, since as you point out those don't really have any direct link to reality.

I think the Wiggins contract will be a nice comparison in negotiations. Like it or not, elite scoring gets paid more than elite defending. It’s difficult for a guy averaging 11 ppg to come in and demand near max money no matter how good he is defensively. Herb will sign an early deal because he was a 2nd round pick and has been playing on a very minimal deal thus far. He’ll get the extension after this season, but it won’t be for that 30 mil number

I didn't call him a fundamentally bad person for being a Christian or having a ''different opinion''. I called him a fundamentally bad person for being a conspiracy theorist who spoke at an extremist conference that also hosts alumni such as professional bigot and harasser of parents with dead children, Alex Jones.

Lots of good people out there who are Christian. Lots of good people out there who have different opinions to me on a variety of topics. Not many good people out there who take speaking engagements alongside Alex Jones at a conference founded by someone who believes the COVID-19 pandemic is a hoax designed to allow Bill Gates to create new species of human being via vaccine, and engages in antisemitic conspiracy theorising surrounding George Soros.

That's the last I'm going to speak on this topic, but I'm making it clear that my dislike of Isaac is not based on him being religious or just on mild disagreement but on fundamental disagreements with his worldviews that lead to direct and practical real world damage to people. Yes, I believe that kind of thing makes you a bad person. You're free to disagree with me if you want but that's my stance on the issue.

Imagine you are a fairly normal person. You happen to have two small beliefs that don’t hurt anyone (I stand for the national anthem and I don’t put vaccines in my body)

Now, you aren’t trying to say others who think the opposite are bad. Or that they shouldn’t do the opposite. You are cool with them kneeling and taking vaccines. You are just living your life with your preferences

And all of a sudden you are demonized by a very large group that is the most active and most vocal in your country. You become a terrible person over night

That would wear in anybody. So then the other side says, “Hey, we think you are brave for your stance. Come tell your story”

You think you wouldn’t but you have no clue what it feels like to be hated by millions of people for basically nothing

That’s how these people end up on Fox News and these conferences. The unnecessary hate from
    Libs create it
    @mcnamara247

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Problem is he's a preacher so he's not just living his life and doing his own thing by himself. He's literally spreading this as a message of godliness. Which is funny to me, being a dude who was raised and still spends every Sunday in churches listening to absurd statements and belief.

Anywho. Before this thread gets locked and since we're officially out the offseason...

What's the predictions this year? I'll start.

MVP: Luka
    DPOY: Gobert
    MIP: Haliburton
    ROY: Ivey

MVP: Tatum (Boston gets #1 seed and the narrative is that Tatum became the leader through the whole coach mess)
    DPOY: Ben Simmons (Nets defense aint half bad and Simmons gets the credit, though KD and Kyrie will be half decent)
    MIP: Maxey (wont be deserved, but its a narrative award too, and he will clearly be better than Harden this year so they will give it to him)
    ROY: Banchero (only see him and Murray as having a real chance to win this)

Bucks over Nuggets in NBA Finals

Season Ticket Holder
    MVP: Zion
    MIP: Sabonis (Sacto gonna be good)
    ROY: Banchero
    Coach: Willie

GSW beat Pels in WCF
    Bucks beat 6ers in ECF

GSW repeats

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar

bingo!

Hall of Famer Contributor pjk481's Avatar
    MVP: Tatum (Boston gets #1 seed and the narrative is that Tatum became the leader through the whole coach mess)
    DPOY: Ben Simmons (Nets defense aint half bad and Simmons gets the credit, though KD and Kyrie will be half decent)
    MIP: Maxey (wont be deserved, but its a narrative award too, and he will clearly be better than Harden this year so they will give it to him)

Only one i placed a bet on:

6th MOY: Jose Alvarado

Mostly because this one is also a narrative award; and if Pels are good I think he'd have a good chance to win the narrative/hussle. TNT already loves him and will have him on from time to time I'd bet if Pels are good, so the narrative could form.

Good odds at +15000

MVP: Tatum
    MIP : Maxey
    ROY: Ben Math
    6MOTY: Trigga Trey Murphy
    COTY: Willie

Nuggets win the chip

MVP: Tatum
    DPOY: Giannis
    MIP : Trey?
    ROY: Jabari Smith
    6MOTY: Trey III the third #3
    COTY: Malone
    Champs: Warriors

Comeback Player of the Year = The Chosen

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Comeback Player of the Year = The Chosen
    kira lewis?

If I see one more person on twitter say we need a backup center with size I’m going to lose my mind. Has to be the worst take about the Pels floating around these days

May want to rethink that Simmons take

Quote Originally Posted by ULsaint View Post
    May want to rethink that Simmons take
    Simmons is mentally broken

I don't think he even wants to ball anymore

That's fine, most people change a lot of careers

Negotiate a buyout then go live your best life

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Simmons is mentally broken

I don't think he even wants to ball anymore

That's fine, most people change a lot of careers

Negotiate a buyout then go live your best life
    If Ben Simmons plays this season, he will have made $77 million in his NBA career. He has 2 more years on his contract. If he sticks this basketball thing out, he will have pocketed $155 million. If I were him, I'd continue to embarrass myself and then buy a compound in Hawaii and chill.

MVP: Luka
    DPOY: Bam
    MIP: Bones Hyland (although MIP has basically been a 'runners up' award for other awards recently, with Ja getting it.)
    ROY: Keegan Murray

Thread Information