Pelicans Report

Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3 43 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1361

Thread: 2022-23 Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Ones who cannot shoot a lick are. He does not have much of a game and will find out he cannot regularly get to the basket in the NBA like he did against the competition in college.
    He has outlier athletic ability. I'm not sure how you can just make that assumption. Crazy to me that people are getting this upset over a guy who played 8 total preseason minutes. Clearly he did not show enough in camp. It is what it is

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Is he a bad teammate? I mean I'm sure he proselytizes lot but I would put the number of agnostics or atheists on most NBA teams as quite low. Wouldn't go out drinking or partying either. But I wouldn't either if I were an NBA player.
    He invited his entire team to go watch him preach and literally none of them attended. That alone should tell you something.

Besides, my reasons for not wanting to support him or watch him aren't solely restricted to ''he would be bad for the locker room'', though I do also believe that. He's just someone I consider a fundamentally bad person, like, on principle. Do not want to have a team filled with likable characters that I'm happy to root for unbalanced by someone who I think is genuinely horrible. And that's before we even talk about things like him not playing a single NBA game in over two years.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    He has outlier athletic ability. I'm not sure how you can just make that assumption. Crazy to me that people are getting this upset over a guy who played 8 total preseason minutes. Clearly he did not show enough in camp. It is what it is
    He couldn't do it in SL against bad players. He looked lost. Butler may never develop, but I never understood signing Seabron so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    He invited his entire team to go watch him preach and literally none of them attended. That alone should tell you something.

Besides, my reasons for not wanting to support him or watch him aren't solely restricted to ''he would be bad for the locker room'', though I do also believe that. He's just someone I consider a fundamentally bad person, like, on principle. Do not want to have a team filled with likable characters that I'm happy to root for unbalanced by someone who I think is genuinely horrible. And that's before we even talk about things like him not playing a single NBA game in over two years.
    This. Cant support someone like him.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    He couldn't do it in SL against bad players. He looked lost. Butler may never develop, but I never understood signing Seabron so quickly.
    And yet he did it, albeit in limited minutes, against NBA competition in the preseason. They signed him so quickly because he's a 6'7 combo guard with elite quickness and finishing ability. He's still very raw and one handed, but you have to at least get that guy in the building to see what he is. And I can tell you based on conversations that I've had, they were ecstatic to get him on a two way following the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    After scouring his his twitter feed, it's more concerning than I first though

Good gracious .. the bar for what makes a “bad human being” is so incredibly low nowadays.

To me, that’s someone who abuses or rapes or robs from old ladies, etc. A guy who has a difference of opinion from the mainstream is a bad human being nowadays? I hope you guys never look to deeply into the past behaviors and beliefs of your idols - you are gonna hate what you find. On every single one of them. All “bad human beings” by some 2022 criteria
    @mcnamara247

And yet he did it, albeit in limited minutes, against NBA competition in the preseason. They signed him so quickly because he's a 6'7 combo guard with elite quickness and finishing ability. He's still very raw and one handed, but you have to at least get that guy in the building to see what he is. And I can tell you based on conversations that I've had, they were ecstatic to get him on a two way following the draft.
    Well they know a lot more than me, so hopefully they are right. I have not been impressed watching him and watching some of the videos of his college play. However, if they are right and he develops well, I will be happy.

Season Ticket Holder
    Time to close this thread! The Season is upon us tonight!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Good gracious .. the bar for what makes a “bad human being” is so incredibly low nowadays.

To me, that’s someone who abuses or rapes or robs from old ladies, etc. A guy who has a difference of opinion from the mainstream is a bad human being nowadays? I hope you guys never look to deeply into the past behaviors and beliefs of your idols - you are gonna hate what you find. On every single one of them. All “bad human beings” by some 2022 criteria
    Hey man we can all have different opinions. Just can't rock this cat. Don't mean I want him to die or get cancelled. Everyone will respond to his character differently, but who I am and where I from, I can't support people like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    Time to close this thread! The Season is upon us tonight!!!!
    Lol fair. Cant wait for tomorrow!

After scouring his his twitter feed, it's more concerning than I first though
    Lol. Yeah I tried with him too years back, but yeah that shipped has sailed. YEET.

Is Kira Lewis still part of the future for this team?

Quote Originally Posted by OnesieBells View Post
    Is Kira Lewis still part of the future for this team?
    I was considering that internally the other day. The FO is still super excited about him, and apparently he looks tremendous in his workouts so far. The question is, how does he get minutes on this team moving forward? I think we can all agree that Dyson is a higher ceiling player, so a trade should prioritize opening minutes for Dyson, not Kira.

The Jose-Kira backcourt has similar deficiencies to Jose-DG, except DG is notably better as a shooter. Kira does have those outlier traits you look for, however, and the Pels believe in Kira's future as a jump shooter. Still, can you wait for that shot to come around at this point?

Kira will start the year in Birmingham more than likely, so he will have the ability to prove his worth either for this organization or another. What he needs to show is a jump shot and improved play making chops. If he can do that, he's a viable NBA player. He is long enough to be a disruptive defender, even with his slight frame; and his transition offense should be elite. He has to show something in the halfcourt, though.

I think what you will see this season is more of a white shirt first half for Kira where he gets a ton of Squadron run, and then he will be given a few opportunities to climb the rotation after the deadline. I do think there's a chance that Kira could steal some minutes from Jose on the off chance that Jose slumps as a sophomore. It's a really difficult situation for Kira, and I think the biggest question mark on the current roster. He might be a second draft candidate just because the Pels crushed the 2021 and 2022 drafts.

Thinking solely of long term team success, you want Kira to figure it out even if it is at the expense of Jose, which may be an unpopular opinion among the majority of Pels fans

Hey man we can all have different opinions. Just can't rock this cat. Don't mean I want him to die or get cancelled. Everyone will respond to his character differently, but who I am and where I from, I can't support people like him.
    Fine with that. It was whoever said he was a "bad human being" that just blew my mind. But its where we are in 2022. I see it on both sides of the aisle

I was really high on Jonathan Isaac a few years ago, but I have to agree that he'd be a huge risk in terms of locker room harmony. He's a heavy-handed bible thumper, anti-vaccine, pro conspiracy theory guy who lets himself be used to speak at right wing conservative conferences, alongside the likes of Michael Flynn and Mike Lindell, and he seems pretty unpopular with teammates. Unfortunate, because if he finally got healthy, he'd have the potential to be a great defender.

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyquem View Post
    I was really high on Jonathan Isaac a few years ago, but I have to agree that he'd be a huge risk in terms of locker room harmony. He's a heavy-handed bible thumper, anti-vaccine, pro conspiracy theory guy who lets himself be used to speak at right wing conservative conferences, alongside the likes of Michael Flynn and Mike Lindell, and he seems pretty unpopular with teammates. Unfortunate, because if he finally got healthy, he'd have the potential to be a great defender.
    If you support the January 6 failed overthrowing of the US government, you're a bad human being. This is not a simple difference of opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyquem View Post
    This is the stuff that is so dangerous. You throw these people into general categories and then all 75 million of them are the same. All "bad human beings"

If you actually ever listened to Issac, he said he fully supports others getting vaccines and respects that his god made them, but they arent for him. That simple. Not trying to force his way on anyone. Just doesnt believe in getting them. Is he misinformed? Maybe. A little dumb -- most people are. But he isnt trying to force anything down peoples throats (like another group of self righteous people). He just has his beliefs.

But people like that get lumped into this one big evil hate group because they might have a belief similar in one area to a Trump-ite lunatic. Its like saying, "Oh, you believein Jesus Christ? Well so did people in this one group who killed over 100 million. You are evil like them"

Just such small, small thinking. But yeah, lets get back to the season because nothing is going to convince the self righteous to be anything other than that

All Isaac does is express opinions some intolerant people can't handle. This sort of thing happens every day....all day....in every walk of life. But, my God, in your case, the term snowflake is applicable. Your prejudice (not racial) is apparent and you are too blind to see it.

This is the stuff that is so dangerous. You throw these people into general categories and then all 75 million of them are the same. All "bad human beings"

If you actually ever listened to Issac, he said he fully supports others getting vaccines and respects that his god made them, but they arent for him. That simple. Not trying to force his way on anyone. Just doesnt believe in getting them. Is he misinformed? Maybe. A little dumb -- most people are. But he isnt trying to force anything down peoples throats (like another group of self righteous people). He just has his beliefs.

But people like that get lumped into this one big evil hate group because they might have a belief similar in one area to a Trump-ite lunatic. Its like saying, "Oh, you believein Jesus Christ? Well so did people in this one group who killed over 100 million. You are evil like them"

Just such small, small thinking. But yeah, lets get back to the season because nothing is going to convince the self righteous to be anything other than that

I didn't call him "evil" and never used the term "bad human being." You're putting other people's words in my mouth.
    I said he would very potentially be tough for locker room harmony, and I think evidence supports that. His teammates nicknamed him "Baby Jesus," and when he preached at a local church and invited his teammates to be in the audience, not a single one attended... I've personally attended sermons by friends even though I'm not religious. I did it because they were interesting well intentioned people. I'm not saying the guy should be crucified-- just sharing an opinion that he might not be the best personality for a harmonious locker room.
    Last edited by Eyquem; 10-18-2022 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    All Isaac does is express opinions some intolerant people can't handle. This sort of thing happens every day....all day....in every walk of life. But, my God, in your case, the term snowflake is applicable. Your prejudice (not racial) is apparent and you are too blind to see it.
    JI profits off of standing for the anthem so there's more to it than just expressing opinions

He has to continue to speak on these things because if he doesn’t he will get branded by the liberals as the most evil version of what they think he stands for. It’s a no win

It’s two separate things - yes I agree he could be an unnecessary distraction and likely not worth it on the court

But man, libs just love branding people as bad. It’s like their favorite thing to do - judge others. So embarrassed I used to be one

Getting back to basketball, a quick question. Folks back home wanna know what Herb will be making when the Pels make their next offer.. I'm fairly useless, in that area...so somebody give a ballpark figure. Let's assume Herb ends this season with maybe 12/14 pts per game...36% from 3...2nd team All-Defense...PLUS apparently a never before seen, to the folks back home anyway...effective 15' pull up jumper.

It’s two separate things - yes I agree he could be an unnecessary distraction and likely not worth it on the court

But man, libs just love branding people as bad. It’s like their favorite thing to do - judge others. So embarrassed I used to be one
    Again, you yourself are lumping people together that are saying very different shades of things. If Isaac was sitting down for an adult conversation with George Will or Mitt Romney, I'd happily watch it. But appearing at a Conference where people are opining that Bill Gates is injecting people with microchips via the covid vaccine, and not being challenged on it, is a very different scenario. If anything, you're painting people with the same broad un-nuanced brush that you're accusing others of using: "libs love judging people." That itself is a judgement!

Thread Information