Pelicans Report

Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1361

Thread: 2022-23 Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PleaseWinPels View Post
    He's 19, 7'1, and shoots 40% from 3.

He might be a buck 70 soaking wet but there's only a few human beings at that height who can shoot like he can. Good use of the 2way. He's got serious potential if he can put on weight.
    Role player at best right?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Who knows? He's only 19, far from a finished product.

He needs to put on serious weight however. He makes Chet look muscular. I genuinely don't understand how he's alive at 7'1 175. Dudes a walking skeleton.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Probably. Likely somewhere between Austin Daye and Channing Frye, but more relevant because of the modern focus on having as much shooting as possible. But can't hurt to take a flyer and see if he blows up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    Probably. Likely somewhere between Austin Daye and Channing Frye, but more relevant because of the modern focus on having as much shooting as possible. But can't hurt to take a flyer and see if he blows up.
    Can't hurt is right.
    Fun fact about Butler: only 4 freshmen had more than 30 blocks and 30 three-pointers last season.

- Paolo Banchero (No. 1 pick)
    - Chet Holmgren (No. 2 pick)
    - Jabari Smith (No. 3 pick)
    - John Butler (Undrafted)

The potential is real.

Can't hurt is right.
    Fun fact about Butler: only 4 freshmen had more than 30 blocks and 30 three-pointers last season.

- Paolo Banchero (No. 1 pick)
    - Chet Holmgren (No. 2 pick)
    - Jabari Smith (No. 3 pick)
    - John Butler (Undrafted)

The potential is real.
    Did not know that. I don't see much defensive upside at all in the NBA though, and his lack of lateral quickness and strength doesn't really bode well for being much more than a spot up shooter on the other end. But I was still excited when we grabbed him for summer league because who doesn't want a 7 foot spot up shooter? And I would be thrilled to be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    Did not know that. I don't see much defensive upside at all in the NBA though, and his lack of lateral quickness and strength doesn't really bode well for being much more than a spot up shooter on the other end. But I was still excited when we grabbed him for summer league because who doesn't want a 7 foot spot up shooter? And I would be thrilled to be wrong.
    IMO his lateral agility is pretty good when combined with his length. He had some really solid moments defensively last year guarding 1-4, (held his own vs Paolo and had a few blocks) especially when you think he's only 19. Strength though? Absolutely too weak to play in the NBA.

I think he's shown flashes of putting the ball on the floor, especially for a 7fter. One dribble pull-up potential looks solid at the least.

Yeah, Butler seems like a classic guy you want to get in your program for a longer look. No guarantee he develops but he’s got some attributes that are hard to find. A season In Birmingham with pro coaching, fitness and nutrition banging with NBA sized dudes and see how he responds. In some ways his defensive potential seems further along. He has good feet for a 7 footer…

Butler got bad advice. Should have stayed in college and worked on his body. He is worth taking a gamble on to see if the staff can help him develop his body. He is at least a couple years away, but exactly what the 2-way is meant to be used for.

Is he good at rebounding?

Quote Originally Posted by coreylaron View Post
    Is he good at rebounding?
    Who Butler? Hell naw. He might be 7'1 but he's 175lbs.

Jose Alvarado weighs more than Butler.

Shoot the 3 and be a weakside shot blocker. That's it. Focusing on those two things and you'll be an NBA player. If Butler focuses on becoming an NBA role player, than I am very excited for him

Its gonna be interesting, because they like Plowden too. So many young dudes they wanna keep in the organization, as they know they are going to have to get cheap with spots 11-15 on the roster moving forward. If any of these guys hit, and you get them for 3-4 years on a min like Jose, it allows them to be aggressive when going out and getting that final piece when they think they are ready.
    @mcnamara247

Who Butler? Hell naw. He might be 7'1 but he's 175lbs.

Jose Alvarado weighs more than Butler.
    Yikes

Todays poll

You can offer the 1st and 2nd picks in this draft twelve first rounders and they wouldn’t trade the picks.

Just gotta hope those guys go out East.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    You can offer the 1st and 2nd picks in this draft twelve first rounders and they wouldn?t trade the picks.

Just gotta hope those guys go out East.
    Or we can hope the Lakers completely implode and win one of the first 2 spots in the lottery.

Won’t happen, but I understand the allure of hope. Go for it

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spec3333 View Post
    Or we can hope the Lakers completely implode and win one of the first 2 spots in the lottery.
    It’s quite possible. All it takes is an injury to AD or James for significant time missed for them to be in the running for those picks. Even with ok health there’s a decent change they don’t make the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Won’t happen, but I understand the allure of hope. Go for it
    Probably not, but I would be you would have said the same thing last year about getting the 8th (or a chance at something better) in last year's draft from the Lakers.

Season Ticket Holder
    One serious injury to Lebron or AD and there is a very good chance we end up with a top-5 pick. Maybe even top-2. Think about it. Lebron misses 50 games. You think AD is dragging that roster to the play-in in the West? Same if AD goes down. Lebron is fantastic, but not a miracle-worker.

With the way the lottery odds have been smoothed, we could DEFINITELY end up with a top-2 pick

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    It?s quite possible. All it takes is an injury to AD or James for significant time missed for them to be in the running for those picks. Even with ok health there?s a decent change they don?t make the playoffs.
    That's the thing though. It's hard to imagine a world where the Lakers miss the play-ins without a significant injury to AD or Bron. Heck maybe even both.

I can't see them finishing with a worse record than the Rockets, OKC, Spurs, Jazz, Magic, Pistons, Pacers, or Wizards. All of which will be tanking by mid season and the Lakers have 0 reason to tank since we own their pick.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    That's the thing though. It's hard to imagine a world where the Lakers miss the play-ins without a significant injury to AD or Bron. Heck maybe even both.

I can't see them finishing with a worse record than the Rockets, OKC, Spurs, Jazz, Magic, Pistons, Pacers, or Wizards. All of which will be tanking by mid season and the Lakers have 0 reason to tank since we own their pick.
    Even making the play-in doesn't eliminate the possibility of their pick conveying to #1 or #2. There's a pretty realistic/identifiable risk of AD and/or Lebron missing significant time given history, age. Nobody is expecting the pick to end up #1 or #2.

Season Ticket Holder

Sure, there is a chance they play 70+ games each. But their supporting cast sucks monkeyballs. This result wouldn't shock me:

1. GSW
    2. Nuggets
    3. Phoenix
    4. Pelicans
    5. Clippers
    6. Grizz
    7. T-wolves
    8. Dallas
    9. Blazers
    10. Kings
    11. Lakers

Also, maybe they catch the #10 seed and lose the play-in game. Lostsa variables. It is all great fun to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Spec3333 View Post
    Any of the first 5 spots, honestly. Obviously we know Victor and Scoot are 1 and 2, but either of the Thompson twins or Cam Whitmore is extremely tantalising. Hell, even Dariq Whitehead looks to be a top shelf #6 pick. It's a good looking top of the draft.
    Basketball.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    That tall French thing is pretty good. Durant but even taller?

Thread Information