Pelicans Report

Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1361

Thread: 2022-23 Offseason Thread

One Malik Beasley or Ochair Agbaji, please.

Quote Originally Posted by PleaseWinPels View Post
    One Malik Beasley or Ochair Agbaji, please.
    And what are you willing to give up?
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    No trolling here. This is true,

For once... you can't blame the knicks. That's a good offer but Ainge said nah. Utah is in obvious tank mode.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I ask because Griff has spoken to Utah a few times in the past month or so and its hard to shake anyone loose without giving up a first. And none of those guys are really worth the opportunity cost of giving up a 1st now (compared to waiting until Feb)

I think he would do Graham and Hayes for Beasley in a millisecond, for instance. Maybe even add some 2nds but that move isnt worth giving up a 1st. Either is Clarkson or Bogdanovic.

But Griff would love to open up a roster space, and no not for EJ. Its to give someone else a NG deal

I'd be willing to give up Graham and a protected 1st for Agbaji. Maybe that's an overpay but im bullish on him.

The Jazz are, according to sources, also engaged in trade conversations around its remaining pieces, namely veterans forward Bojan Bogdanovic, guard Mike Conley and guard Jordan Clarkson.
    Source: Tony Jones @ The Athletic
    Which one would help the most, and what would we have to give up for him?

Quote Originally Posted by PleaseWinPels View Post
    I'd be willing to give up Graham and a protected 1st for Agbaji. Maybe that's an overpay but im bullish on him.
    I see why.

But Griff would love to open up a roster space, and no not for EJ. Its to give someone else a NG deal
    Does he have a particular player in mind already for that spot?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Does he have a particular player in mind already for that spot?
    Yes. Someone you all talked about quite a bit for a few days this summer

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Which one would help the most, and what would we have to give up for him?
    Personally, I don’t want any of them. Only guy I would take from the Jazz is Beasley

You trade for Bogdanovic and he wants 25+ minutes. Again, show me where those are coming from. I’d rather give more to Trey and maybe be one or two games worse than give them to Bogdanovic, limit Treys minutes, and win one or two extra games. Same with washed up Conley or Clarkson vs Kira, Jose, and Daniels

Yes. Someone you all talked about quite a bit for a few days this summer
    Must be someone from the SL team. Maybe Butler?

I’d do Hayes and Graham for either Clarkson or Beasley. Utah needs a center and Jaxson has that youthful upside. He would be a tanktastic defensive turnstile center.
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 09-02-2022 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    I’d do Hayes and Graham for either Clarkson or Beasley. Utah needs a center and Jaxson has that youthful upside. He would be a tanktastic defensive turnstile center.
    I like Beasley, but not interested in Clarkson.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    We have offered that. They want a pick. Still wanna do it?

We have offered that. They want a pick. Still wanna do it?
    If it?s a 2nd round pick, sure. 1st, no. Also, which player was targeted?

Beasley and Bojan were the two main ones from that team. Again, a 2nd aint getting it done. And I personally dont think either of those guys are worth giving up any first. Right now is when you pay the highest. Again, you werent getting CJ for Hart and a late 1st this time last year. Go into the season and get someone when prices come down in Feb -- if you even need someone

I’m assuming Detroit doing the same thing Isaiah Stewart as the jazz with both those players

Yup and other guys too that Griff has checked in on. Grahams years on his deal make it a negative contract in the eyes of everyone he calls. And Jax doesn’t add enough of a positive to offset it. I mean, the Jazz saw Graham as a bigger negative that THT - a dude who can’t even make 25 percent of his threes

Best case scenario is Graham and/or Jax can look good in spurts to start the year and Graham looks more like a neutral and Jax looks like a positive. Or someone who is competing has a guard injury or two and the deal becomes a three way where the good team takes Graham and sends an expiring to Utah and then they would be more than happy to do an expiring and Jax for Malik or Bogdanovic

Yup and other guys too that Griff has checked in on. Grahams years on his deal make it a negative contract in the eyes of everyone he calls. And Jax doesn’t add enough of a positive to offset it. I mean, the Jazz saw Graham as a bigger negative that THT - a dude who can’t even make 25 percent of his threes

Best case scenario is Graham and/or Jax can look good in spurts to start the year and Graham looks more like a neutral and Jax looks like a positive. Or someone who is competing has a guard injury or two and the deal becomes a three way where the good team takes Graham and sends an expiring to Utah and then they would be more than happy to do an expiring and Jax for Malik or Bogdanovic
    We gave up a 1st for Graham and now will require giving up another to get rid of him?

That's painful.

The Franchise
    Do you think Graham, Temple, Naji and a top 20 protected 1st for Agbaji and Beasley would work? One would solidify our backup SG and the other youth at the position.

So the Jazz take on bad contracts and get maybe the 23rd pick for a positive player and a guy who was just taken 14th a few months ago. Pretend you are a Jazz fan and now respond to that trade idea from the fan of the other team

What about Graham and a top 8 protected first (2025?) for Agbaji?

I'd make that trade in a heartbeat.

I don’t think we’re desperate enough, or good enough honestly, to give up that type of capital just to get rid of Graham, especialllg to get that caliber of player back. If CJ was hart plus 1, using the plus 1 right now would cost us in the long run

Quote Originally Posted by coreylaron View Post
    I don’t think we’re desperate enough, or good enough honestly, to give up that type of capital just to get rid of Graham, especialllg to get that caliber of player back. If CJ was hart plus 1, using the plus 1 right now would cost us in the long run
    I mean if we could get a cj type player with the 1st rounder and a player, why not try that again?

The Franchise
    So the Jazz take on bad contracts and get maybe the 23rd pick for a positive player and a guy who was just taken 14th a few months ago. Pretend you are a Jazz fan and now respond to that trade idea from the fan of the other team
    If I’m the jazz I don’t but if they are accumulating 1st and we throw some money in the deal to help buyouts. I don’t know. There are motivation we don’t see. Still like to know who the player we wanted during the summer.

Thread Information