Pelicans Report

Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1361

Thread: 2022-23 Offseason Thread

I wasn't all that impressed from what I saw from Plowden in SL, not gonna lie. Sure he shot really well from the floor but it's SL, caring about SL percentages is a fools errand, the actual process didn't look all that standout to me.

And he's 24 already
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I wasn't all that impressed from what I saw from Plowden in SL, not gonna lie. Sure he shot really well from the floor but it's SL, caring about SL percentages is a fools errand, the actual process didn't look all that standout to me.

And he's 24 already
    Nobody who played in those games will amount to anything. But this is the dead time of the year. Its when fans talk themselves into a Plowden or a Butler or whoever else. Let them have that....why you gotta rain on the parade, thats usually my job! lol
    @mcnamara247

Fond memories of Pels fans getting excited about Bluiett, during these dog days of summer

Some guys fans LOVED in past years:

Denzel Bowles
    Jon Brockman
    Russ Smith
    Patric Young
    BDJ
    Quinn Cook
    Trevon Blueitt

Ironically, the two best random guys to ever play for our SL team.... we didnt sign them after they played for us. One, we all know, is Seth Curry. Who can name the other (without cheating). Clue: started 214 games for a playoff team the last 3 years

BDJ actually showed some promise. Would have liked to see how he developed.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

Denzel Bowles
    Jon Brockman
    Russ Smith
    Patric Young
    BDJ
    Quinn Cook
    Trevon Blueitt

Ironically, the two best random guys to ever play for our SL team.... we didnt sign them after they played for us. One, we all know, is Seth Curry. Who can name the other (without cheating). Clue: started 214 games for a playoff team the last 3 years
    Royce O'Neale

Bam

And no, I didn't cheat
    Last edited by AusPel; 07-19-2022 at 04:14 PM.

Nobody who played in those games will amount to anything. But this is the dead time of the year. Its when fans talk themselves into a Plowden or a Butler or whoever else. Let them have that....why you gotta rain on the parade, thats usually my job! lol
    Yeah but don't get hyped over someone that old! At least pick the weirdo youth prospect, not someone paying off their mortgage.

Yeah but don't get hyped over someone that old! At least pick the weirdo youth prospect, not someone paying off their mortgage.
    I love the hype coming out of summer league, now that I know all fan bases do it. Heard a Knicks pod where they said they wanted Donovan Mitchell, but after seeing what Grimes was capable of in SL, he was untouchable

You should watch a few Plowden interviews and you will understand why they chose him

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    You should watch a few Plowden interviews and you will understand why they chose him
    Don't they still have a few more Ex 10 contracts they can give out?

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    I watch everything that gets posted to the Pelicans YouTube page and/or Twitter, because I have a lot of train rides and therefore a lot of captive 'free' time. I've seen the interviews.

Sorry dae

Will Guillory @WillGuillory 1m

Daeqwon Plowden is signing an Exhibit 10 deal with the Pelicans, sources tell @TheAthletic.

The former Bowling Green star showed off some impressive athleticism and shot 65 percent from the floor while playing for New Orleans at Summer League.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Royce O'Neale

Bam

And no, I didn't cheat
    This actually makes me feel better because I always think he was on our roster at some point but could never pinpoint when that was. So thank you

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar

Denzel Bowles
    Jon Brockman
    Russ Smith
    Patric Young
    BDJ
    Quinn Cook
    Trevon Blueitt

Don't forget my guy Brian Roberts.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Ha, that's a good one. Didn't realise he played SL for us and we were his first team in the NBA. Could have sworn he was somewhere before us like Memphis

lmao

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Fun fact I found a few months back: Brian Roberts is 10th all time in single season free throw percentage (min. 125 attempts). He went 125 of 133 (93.98%) from the line in 2013-2014.

Source: https://www.basketball-reference.com...ct_season.html
    Welcome to be here

And he's 24 already
    I was impressed and no, he isn't an old man. His pre-draft workouts were exceptional and he was a leader on the court. I do hope they give the kid from Florida State a contract of some sort (two way or exhibit 10). Yes he is bone thin but he was doing things guys much shorter than hiim have difficulty doing.
    Last edited by Lee2000; 07-20-2022 at 12:27 PM.

Hope they keep Butler around as well. You can say it's all Summer League hype and none of it translates to the NBA, but just last year we saw two guys on the Pels--Herb and Jose--make a big impact during the season when most had them slotted for the G-League, at most.

Butler is younger and rawer than those two guys, who came after four years of college ball. But to pretend you can say with certainty that he can't be an NBA player at 7' with his skills strikes me as even more hyperbolic. His body isn't ready, but he'd be going into his sophomore season of college next year, so that's hardly surprising. Butler's build reminds me a lot of John Henson who played for UNC and had a long pro career. Henson was well under 200 pounds as a 6'10" college center, but was still a defensive presence and an eventually a first round draft pick. He never really did put on a lot of weight, but he was in the NBA a long time as a valued role player and Butler already shows far more offensive potential than Henson ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee2000 View Post
    I was impressed and no, he isn't an old man. His pre-draft workouts were exceptional and he was a leader on the court. I do hope they give the kid from Florida State a contract of some sort (two way or exhibit 10). Yes he is bone thin but he was doing things guys much shorter than hiim have difficulty doing.
    I mean, a 24 year old NBA rookie is quite old. There's just no way around that. The rest is up for discussion but he's just undeniably very old for an NBA rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    Hope they keep Butler around as well. You can say it's all Summer League hype and none of it translates to the NBA, but just last year we saw two guys on the Pels--Herb and Jose--make a big impact during the season when most had them slotted for the G-League, at most.

Butler is younger and rawer than those two guys, who came after four years of college ball. But to pretend you can say with certainty that he can't be an NBA player at 7' with his skills strikes me as even more hyperbolic. His body isn't ready, but he'd be going into his sophomore season of college next year, so that's hardly surprising. Butler's build reminds me a lot of John Henson who played for UNC and had a long pro career. Henson was well under 200 pounds as a 6'10" college center, but was still a defensive presence and an eventually a first round draft pick. He never really did put on a lot of weight, but he was in the NBA a long time as a valued role player and Butler already shows far more offensive potential than Henson ever did.
    Totally agree!! In fact, Butler is more 'NBA-ready' than the eighth pick of the 2019 draft was when he was drafted. Basketball IQ Matters!!

Lets see:

Next year that 2019 selection will be asking for an annual salary of eight figures. Next year, Butler will be on a minimum contract and three years younger. Talk about a 'No-Brainer'!!!

Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    Sorry dae

Will Guillory @WillGuillory 1m

Daeqwon Plowden is signing an Exhibit 10 deal with the Pelicans, sources tell @TheAthletic.

The former Bowling Green star showed off some impressive athleticism and shot 65 percent from the floor while playing for New Orleans at Summer League.
    Another Antonio Daniels. They both went to Bowling Green. OK, maybe Plowden didn't get picked 4th in the first round. But still.

lmao
    That was low he should apologize to Lebron ASAP!

Kidding

Val might get another extension if he keeps on doing that

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neitzelbaby12 View Post
    Fun fact I found a few months back: Brian Roberts is 10th all time in single season free throw percentage (min. 125 attempts). He went 125 of 133 (93.98%) from the line in 2013-2014.

Source: https://www.basketball-reference.com...ct_season.html
    This makes me happy. I remember being pumped about him leading the league in FT%. He'll always be one of my favorite random Pels players.

Also side note: Calderon shooting 98% from the line is absolutely BANANAS.

Thread Information