Pelicans Report

Page 41 of 55 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1361

Thread: 2022-23 Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Are. You. Ok. With. Playing. The. Hypothetical. Game.

Or. do. I. need. to. slow. it. down. for. you. a. bit. more.
    You should get banned for that!
    Insulting, taunting, can you keep up with my superior intellect posts are unacceptable.
    Plus, no one posts here just to entertain you, and no one is required to play games with you!
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Anyone know based on CBA rules what’s the lowest percentage decrease we can get on a CJ McCollum extension. I’m pretty sure he can get a 5% raise per season, but does it work in the inverse as well?

I guess the question is whether, in comparison to what we have now, it would have been better to have Lauri at 4/$67m

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Any word on what year the 1st would have been? The ability to retain Josh Hart ended up being crucial, as were the optics around Josh Hart?s complete 180 on how he felt about the organizational culture
    I always assumed it was one of the ones that went to Vooch trade. That became Franz Wagner.

Bulls seemed to prioritize getting Vuc over getting Lonzo.

Let?s just leave it at, if the FO had bent over backwards in order to accommodate Lonzo to get him to stay here, from a human standpoint they wouldn?t turn around and trade him 6 months later.
    leaving it be is probably the way but...did he demand to be primary ballhandler/PG ? lmao

I always thought maybe the Bulls just flatout lied to him because all that talk about him being 'the point guard' in press and stuff fizzled out into him being a ballboy for Demar/Zach/Vooch

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Are. You. Ok. With. Playing. The. Hypothetical. Game.

Or. do. I. need. to. slow. it. down. for. you. a. bit. more.
    Well someone is in their feelings today.

You get that upset when people don't respond to you?

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    Well someone is in their feelings today.

You get that upset when people don't respond to you?
    How do you expect him to respond to this? Why instigate?

Jax, Graham, and Temple for Bojan and Vanderbilt. What kind of draft compensation would you be willing to include.

Jax, Graham, and Temple for Bojan and Vanderbilt. What kind of draft compensation would you be willing to include.
    A fake 1st. Top 20 protected or something like that

I can’t do more than two 2nds and cash.

I wouldn’t part with a first round pick moving forward unless it was for a sure fire top 7 rotation player with multiple years on his deal. You gotta save that ammo for when something truly needle moving comes along. And it’s not just the pick, it’s the flexibility. So, you can say “just throw them our 2024 pick” - but now by doing that, you have also lost the ability to trade your 2023 and 2025 picks. Just diminished the war chest significantly, for what?
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I can’t do more than two 2nds and cash.

I wouldn’t part with a first round pick moving forward unless it was for a sure fire top 7 rotation player with multiple years on his deal. You gotta save that ammo for when something truly needle moving comes along. And it’s not just the pick, it’s the flexibility. So, you can say “just throw them our 2024 pick” - but now by doing that, you have also lost the ability to trade your 2023 and 2025 picks. Just diminished the war chest significantly, for what?
    That's where I'm at. Vandy and Bojan are significant upgrades for this season, but you lose Bojan after this season and would have to work on an extension for Vandy. Plus, Vandy's contact isn't really helpful as an aggregate piece in a bigger move next season because he's only at 4 mil.

It would make for a super fun team this season and one that could compete in the West with health luck, but it's a bit short sighted for the Pels long term goals if you're giving up any sort of first round compensation.

Apparently, Kevin Durant doesn’t want to be a pelican

https://larrybrownsports.com/basketb...ans/600518?amp

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy View Post
    Apparently, Kevin Durant doesn’t want to be a pelican

https://larrybrownsports.com/basketb...ans/600518?amp
    No. It says "Michael Scotto of HoopsHype reported this week that some rival executives believe that Durant does not want to be traded to New Orleans."

Rival executives believe....

Lonzo injury update. Possibly dodged a bullet moving him

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Lonzo injury update. Possibly dodged a bullet moving him

No possibly about it.

Glad to be rid of him, his family, agency and his sheer terror at driving the basketball.

I saw that Ayton just signed a max contract with the Pacers, kind of putting the Suns behind the 8ball on what they’re going to do now. Do they match and try to use Ayton as a trade piece?

Ah, nevermind, I just read that they can’t use him for a sign and trade now. It looks like any hope for a Durant to the Suns deal is now kaput.

My hope is that we can keep Durant in the East. Or if he must come to the West come to Golden State.

Now I’m reading that a sign and trade can still be worked because if it’s done before midnight today.
    Last edited by Freyfamilyreuni; 07-14-2022 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    I saw that Ayton just signed a max contract with the Pacers, kind of putting the Suns behind the 8ball on what they’re going to do now. Do they match and try to use Ayton as a trade piece?

Ah, nevermind, I just read that they can’t use him for a sign and trade now. It looks like any hope for a Durant to the Suns deal is now kaput.

My hope is that we can keep Durant in the East. Or if he must come to the West come to Golden State.

Now I’m reading that a sign and trade can still be worked because if it’s done before midnight today.
    Yeah they can still do a sign/trade but Brooklyn is way too unrealistic with their demands for KD. I've settle on the idea that KD and Kyrie will at least begin the season in brooklyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post

Don't be fooled. This is what Phx wanted. They wanted a 4 year max with no escalators. They got it.

Ayton has a no trade clause for the next year.

After thinking about Willies comments and the team build, my hot take is that Herb is going to bring the ball up more than any other player and that the Pels are going to want to develop him to be a point guard in an untraditional nature. Teams want to put their worst defender oh Herb. What better way to counteract that than having him initiate and immediately get him involved in the actions, forcing switches for BI and Zion. He has the ball handling ability imo. He doesn’t have to run a complicated offense, he just needs to create the initial mismatch and then run off ball to the open spot

After thinking about Willies comments and the team build, my hot take is that Herb is going to bring the ball up more than any other player and that the Pels are going to want to develop him to be a point guard in an untraditional nature. Teams want to put their worst defender oh Herb. What better way to counteract that than having him initiate and immediately get him involved in the actions, forcing switches for BI and Zion. He has the ball handling ability imo. He doesn?t have to run a complicated offense, he just needs to create the initial mismatch and then run off ball to the open spot
    When Josh Primo was injured, Herb was the point guard for Alabama.

However, I do not think he will play that role as a pro. BI is the most skilled passer and playmaker on the team so it'll be he and Zion more than Herb.

I'm more inclined to agree with luckyman here - I do think Herb will get some time on ball but on a team with CJ, Zion, and Ingram (all of whom are superior ballhandlers to Herb, and more of a threat to create for themselves) I would be pretty surprised if he was bringing the ball up ''more than any other player''. I think outside of those 3, speculating that it'll be Herb might be accurate, depending on the Dyson Speed of minutes-getting.
    Basketball.

Herb can bring the ball up the floor and initiate the offense… I doubt Willie will ask him to run pick and roll with anyone.

Glad this take is hotter than my last. BI has traditionally preferred to start off ball, even in the seasons where he was far superior than the rest of the group. Similarly, CJ has played off ball for the majority of his career. We’ll see if that continues, or if he transitions into more of a playmaker as he ages, as many of us have suspected.

I’m not saying Herb will be a traditional point and run a bunch of PnRs, but it creates a significant advantage if you can get his defender involved in the initial action at the top of the key. Teams are going to load up on rim protectors against that starting unit. Herb initiating would take one of those shot blockers away from the paint.

Glad this take is hotter than my last. BI has traditionally preferred to start off ball, even in the seasons where he was far superior than the rest of the group. Similarly, CJ has played off ball for the majority of his career. We’ll see if that continues, or if he transitions into more of a playmaker as he ages, as many of us have suspected.

I’m not saying Herb will be a traditional point and run a bunch of PnRs, but it creates a significant advantage if you can get his defender involved in the initial action at the top of the key. Teams are going to load up on rim protectors against that starting unit. Herb initiating would take one of those shot blockers away from the paint.
    I'd actually argue that there's a high possibility of it hurting us - to be a legitimate ballhandler, you have to be a threat to score and pass. Herb just isn't that, on a high enough level to be a primary. Putting the ball in his hands at the expense of Zion, Ingram, or CJ - who, yes, can work off ball and should sometimes - is a recipe for a worse offense imo. Defenses will not be even remotely scared of Herb Jones, primary ballhandler, running offense. They'll completely sag off him and dare him to shoot, and he won't draw any doubles which makes the job harder for others; compare that to Ingram drawing a hard double at the elbow, or Zion drawing a triple team in the paint, and see how little impact he would have.

I know your whole point is that he wouldn't be running PnRs and such, and would instead just be there to try and cheat the defense, but nobody is going to come far out of the paint to defend Herb Jones if Zion is stood right there, and if the intent is for him to get someone involved and then just pass, why not just have Zion or Ingram draw the double immediately (probably drawing Herb's defender anyway) and be able to actually do something with it at a higher level?

This locks in the EJ two way, imo. Haven't heard anything new on it one way or the other

Thread Information