Pelicans Report

Page 40 of 55 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 50 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1361

Thread: 2022-23 Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I think the dangerous precedent you are setting here is that

A) nobody should have a strong negative opinion of a player

B) you can’t change your mind with new information

I don’t see the value in calling people out time and time again on old opinions that they may not hold any more. I think it’s fine to ask if they still feel that way and if they do ask why. If they don’t, move on. This need to continually remind people of their past errors is what is at the core of cancel culture and my guess is that you lean right, and I would bet you hate cancel culture

Nobody is going to be right all the time. But for this board to be interesting, people have to be able to share their true thoughts and also be free to change their mind with new info. Do what you want, but I think that tactic is exactly what is at the core of almost all of this country’s problems. Causes insane polarization
    A 22/23 year old was trashed at nauseum for the better part of two years by dae. If anyone tried to defend the young man because of the coaching carrousel he was on, physical injuries he suffered through, or the Laker Takeover by Klutch, an attempt to 'cancel them' was the norm of our resident 'overseas guru'.

Never, and I mean never, has any player drawn so much unearned criticism before he even took the court for the Pelicans. Dan Dickau, Jimmer Fredette, Omer Asik and Luke Babbitt were all given way more consideration upon the advent of their Pelican careers by our 'continental friend'. But the same courtesy was not afforded BI. You speak of 'Cancel Culture'? dae attempted to cancel BI before his plane ever landed at Louis Armstrong.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    A 22/23 year old was trashed at nauseum for the better part of two years by dae. If anyone tried to defend the young man because of the coaching carrousel he was on, physical injuries he suffered through, or the Laker Takeover by Klutch, an attempt to 'cancel them' was the norm of our resident 'overseas guru'.

Never, and I mean never, has any player drawn so much unearned criticism before he even took the court for the Pelicans. Dan Dickau, Jimmer Fredette, Omer Asik and Luke Babbitt were all given way more consideration upon the advent of their Pelican careers by our 'continental friend'. But the same courtesy was not afforded BI. You speak of 'Cancel Culture'? dae attempted to cancel BI before his plane ever landed at Louis Armstrong.
    The End.

There. It's over. Time to move on.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar

I see what you did here. Those four players all have nice hair.

Man.... The beefs on here are prime WWF quality.lol

But I wasn't even on the board when Dan Dickau, Jimmer Fredette, and Luke Babbitt were on the team. How does he know I gave Ingram ''less consideration'' than them?

Simple answer? He doesn't. Just making it up to be dramatic and to use as ammo for trolling. He's dedicated to the troll-act though, which I can appreciate in a strange way.
    Basketball.

The Franchise
    I’ll be the first to say I didn’t want BI. I was wrong but I had wanted to send most of lakers players to trade for Morant. I wanted to build around Ja and Zion. I’m happy to say I was wrong and don’t want to even trade him for KD.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    But I wasn't even on the board when Dan Dickau, Jimmer Fredette, and Luke Babbitt were on the team. How does he know I gave Ingram ''less consideration'' than them?

Simple answer? He doesn't. Just making it up to be dramatic and to use as ammo for trolling. He's dedicated to the troll-act though, which I can appreciate in a strange way.
    Luke friggin Babbitt wow I forgot he donned a NOLA uni. Great recall I totally forgot about that dude.

Your argument holds up if you believe two wrongs makes a right. I do not believe such philosophy to be true. But if it makes you feel better go for it. If you are telling yourself you are doing it to uphold the honor of Brandon Ingram, I can tell you with great certainty that he couldn’t care less.
    @mcnamara247

Yeah. I'm definitely guilty of the "in yo face" stuff but I think we should put a two year (730 days (efff leap days)) statute of limitations on holding people accountable for bad takes.....unless they bring it up themselves like they are trying to say they had a different take then they really did. There's just too few of us for these things to go on forever.

Meaning I still have about 15 months left to mock you blokes who were trying to sell Graham as the Lonzo upgrade. Y'all lucky Zo got injured or we'd really be rubbing that salt in.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 07-11-2022 at 12:33 AM.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Yeah. I'm definitely guilty of the "in yo face" stuff but I think we should put a two year (730 days (efff leap days)) statute of limitations on holding people accountable for bad takes.....unless they bring it up themselves like they are trying to say they had a different take then they really did. There's just too few of us for these things to go on forever.

Meaning I still have about 15 months left to mock you blokes who were trying to sell Graham as the Lonzo upgrade. Y'all lucky Zo got injured or we'd really be rubbing that salt in.
    We spent more money on black hole gang... Graham, Thomas, and Temple than we would for Zo. That's enough evidence to provide that Lonzo probably would of been better on this team, but you have to bet on his injury status.

Granted...keeping Lonzo was 100% about elevating his stock and moving him for a better player .

A lot of fans made Lonzo to be a scapegoat.He wasn't amazing, but he was the furthest thing from our problems. He was just an above average guy.
    Last edited by Taker597; 07-11-2022 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post

Lonzo’s injury history was one of the many reasons they weren’t going to give him 20 million. So no, we’re not lucky. We wouldn’t have CJ McCollum right now had we re-signed Lonzo

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Lonzo’s injury history was one of the many reasons they weren’t going to give him 20 million. So no, we’re not lucky. We wouldn’t have CJ McCollum right now had we re-signed Lonzo
    I disagree. Don’t you think lonzo could have been used in the trade in place of hart? Lonzo is a great fit next to Dame and their 2-guard Simmons. Lonzo was hurt, but his contract is not an outlier compared to other starting guards still

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    We spent more money on black hole gang... Graham, Thomas, and Temple than we would for Zo. That's enough evidence to provide that Lonzo probably would of been better on this team, but you have to bet on his injury status.

Granted...keeping Lonzo was 100% about elevating his stock and moving him for a better player .

A lot of fans made Lonzo to be a scapegoat.He wasn't amazing, but he was the furthest thing from our problems. He was just an above average guy.
    That's glossing over the fact that Lonzo was ready to be out of here. Could we have forced him to come back to a team he was ready to move on from? Sure. But if we do, I doubt we have the culture around this team that we currently do.

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy_Bird View Post
    I disagree. Don’t you think lonzo could have been used in the trade in place of hart? Lonzo is a great fit next to Dame and their 2-guard Simmons. Lonzo was hurt, but his contract is not an outlier compared to other starting guards still
    Let’s just leave it at, if the FO had bent over backwards in order to accommodate Lonzo to get him to stay here, from a human standpoint they wouldn’t turn around and trade him 6 months later.

Griff’s blunder with Lonzo was overestimating the restricted FA market, whether that is because of tampering idk. He should have moved him at the prior trade deadline

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Griff’s blunder with Lonzo was overestimating the restricted FA market, whether that is because of tampering idk. He should have moved him at the prior trade deadline
    I don't consider the failure to trade Lonzo at the deadline a "blunder." That's some extreme hyperoble right there. We don't know what Lonzo's market was back then. Maybe they shopped Lonzo back then and the offers sucked. The guy's faults are pretty obvious. You think Pelicans fans are the only ones who know he's afraid to drive the ball? The guy is often injured, can't navigate screens, and never creates off the dribble. Anyone with eyeballs knows that. The Bulls made a terrible decision with Lonzo. But I guess it only takes one team to fall in love...

I can tell you exactly the offer they had on the table - Lonzo for Lauri straight up. Griff said he would do it if they added a first. Hung up and fully expected a call to come in an hour before the deadline. Call never came

I can tell you exactly the offer they had on the table - Lonzo for Lauri straight up. Griff said he would do it if they added a first. Hung up and fully expected a call to come in an hour before the deadline. Call never came
    Do you prefer the Universe where they added a 1st, or what we have now?

Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    I don't consider the failure to trade Lonzo at the deadline a "blunder." That's some extreme hyperoble right there. We don't know what Lonzo's market was back then. Maybe they shopped Lonzo back then and the offers sucked. The guy's faults are pretty obvious. You think Pelicans fans are the only ones who know he's afraid to drive the ball? The guy is often injured, can't navigate screens, and never creates off the dribble. Anyone with eyeballs knows that. The Bulls made a terrible decision with Lonzo. But I guess it only takes one team to fall in love...
    I didn’t think blunder was that harsh. Holding was worse than not holding. Simple as that. Didn’t end up being a big deal

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Do you prefer the Universe where they added a 1st, or what we have now?
    The universe where they added the first wasn’t a live option

Ok the hypothetical, or what actually transpired

Any word on what year the 1st would have been? The ability to retain Josh Hart ended up being crucial, as were the optics around Josh Hart’s complete 180 on how he felt about the organizational culture

Season Ticket Holder
    The "what if's" are fun for sure, but I wouldn't really change a thing about where this team is from a roster standpoint. Of course, it would have nice to have gotten Chet and not Dyson. But I like the problem we will have this season with getting guys minutes.

Just look at our starting lineup. I don't want to add another star (guard or forward), cause who would get moved to the bench? I'm not benching Herb!

Are. You. Ok. With. Playing. The. Hypothetical. Game.

Or. do. I. need. to. slow. it. down. for. you. a. bit. more.

Guys, we are all on the same team here. Let’s play some team ball instead of batting each other.

Thread Information