Pelicans Report

Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 49 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022-23 Offseason Thread

I'm really not afraid of MyKnee Hurting, Day-To-Davis, and LeGroin after an 82 game season

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I'm really not afraid of MyKnee Hurting, Day-To-Davis, and LeGroin after an 82 game season
    Did you know that Lebron is 3rd all time in career minutes played?

The next active player on that list is Carmelo Anthony, who has played nearly 9000 fewer minutes despite being drafted the same year. Next after that is Chris Paul, who has played about 13,000 fewer minutes despite being the same age as Lebron.

That dude has more wear on the tires than anyone. No *way* he can play more than 60 games a year at even 90% effort anymore. Once he gets into the playoffs and he's allowed to hone in more on opponents, never really has to do back-to-backs, may even get time off between rounds, and only has to play about 25 games, then I'm still not happy doubting him; he's still Lebron. But I have no faith in him to just power teams to the post-season anymore. Too old, too much wear on the gears.
    Basketball.

Interviews with the 2 rookies.

Dyson Daniels: ''I don't worry about stats, I'm a winner. I go out there to win every game.''

Says that his first impression of New Orleans is that someone paid for his Chipotle the first day he was in town, and that's stuck with him as an overall impression. Mentions faking sick days at school as a kid to stay home and watch the NBA. Names Lebron as his favourite player. Can't wait to play against Giddey as an Australian thing, they played together growing up. Wants to play against Lebron, Steph, and Giannis most.

Mentions the Australian style of basketball is a bit different because it's more team oriented rather than ballhandler and screen based, but wants to show he can read the game at a high level either way and the Academy let him get used to that.

Says the G League style is more like the NBA style and says the G League team usually runs similar stuff to their NBA affiliate but getting used to that style has made him feel prepared for the NBA, though obviously the NBA has better athletes. Mentions he thinks he's both a team player and a leader, does the gritty stuff and leads both by example and with his voice. Wants to get teammates trust so he can express the way he sees the game and help lead the team.

Mentions he's spoken to Devonte', Herb, Trey, CJ, Hayes, but also adds it's only been a few days so he hasn't had the full run-down yet.

Says his priority for Summer League is to win games, to show what he can do. ''Getting in the NBA is one thing but earning your minutes is another.''

Adds that he wants to meet everyone, even at Chipotle; everyone who has approached him has been nice to him and he can ''sense that the people around here are willing to help'', is happy to chat to fans in the street and sign stuff and take photos

EJ Liddell: Says getting drafted was bittersweet because not all of his family could be there with him but overall it was both exciting and surreal. Mentions his mother and little brother were the most excited people on draft night for him.

Asked about the transition from leading in college to being a rookie in the NBA, he says his priority is to learn. Says he wants to grow into a leadership role but will spend his first year doing ''a lot of listening''. Says there's a lot of people he can learn from because the team has been built ''like some dogs, with a lot of guys who play with chips on their soldiers and I can see myself fitting in with everyone with the effort and mentality that I bring''. Mentions he doesn't play quite like anyone else on the team but envisions himself fitting in well with a lot of roles - can play the 3, 4, or 5 depending on lineups.

Only just got the New Orleans - his Uncle lives in NOLA and his cousin goes to LSU, though, so he's been there in the past before. Is excited to try the seafood - particularly oysters, on his uncle's recommendation.

Playing in the Big 10 prepares him for the NBA because he put in the work every single day and the talent level is high. ''This is a job now, so me stacking days is going to help me at the NBA level''. Wants to use Summer League as a learning experience, to adjust to new roles; adds his Usage Rate was through the roof in college but wants to adjust to the new situation. Hopes to use SL as an opportunity to learn his teammate's games and build some chemistry.

CJ texted him the night of the draft to welcome him to the team.

His idol growing up was Kobe but his favourite big was Shaq. Loved Kobe for the fadeaway, for the most part - said he's ''always been a Lakers fan, but now I'm a Pelicans guy'' and can't wait to play against the Lakers.

People were asking him for pictures as soon as he landed in the airport and it feels strange, but is looking forward to adjusting.

His strong suit is his effort and defense, in his own view, and wants to improve his defensive versatility because he sees that as being appropriate for the team. Wants to defend CJ and BI in practice to expand that skillset. Thinks his versatility on both ends is what is going to help him lock into the team so well - guys his height aren't strong enough, he's got enough handle to take bigs off the dribble, too big for guards.

Bruh

Colin Cowman (lol) said today the Nets were not getting takers on KD and the Gobert trade did 't help their case. Don't ask me why but folks are not talking to the Nets about KD.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee2000 View Post
    Colin Cowman (lol) said today the Nets were not getting takers on KD and the Gobert trade did 't help their case. Don't ask me why but folks are not talking to the Nets about KD.
    Did you see/hear what Sean Marks (allegedly) proposed for a KD trade with Minnesota?

Before acquiring All-NBA center Rudy Gobert in a blockbuster deal, the Timberwolves — according to Vince Goodwill on the “Posting Up” podcast — approached the Nets regarding the possibility of trading for Durant, the disgruntled 12-time All-Star. Brooklyn responded with a hefty asking price: Karl-Anthony Towns, Anthony Edwards, and four first-round picks.

https://nypost.com/2022/07/08/nets-k...lves-revealed/
    If that's the kind of haul the Nets want KD will rot on their roster.

Honestly absurd

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Did you see/hear what Sean Marks (allegedly) proposed for a KD trade with Minnesota?

If that's the kind of haul the Nets want KD will rot on their roster.
    I mean, 13 - 3 does more realistic trade proposals than that

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I mean, 13 - 3 does more realistic trade proposals than that
    I think the Nets just don't want to be the worst trade in NBA history anymore. Lol

Looking good. Face got skinny

Looking good. Face got skinny
    Dude looks better than he did his rookie season. The league is screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    Dude looks better than he did his rookie season. The league is screwed.
    Zion healthy and in shape. Ingram coming off a playoff run. Straitjacket Jones on the wing. Trigga Trey from 3. League's f**ked.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Zion healthy and in shape. Ingram coming off a playoff run. Straitjacket Jones on the wing. Trigga Trey from 3. League's f**ked.
    No...No...No!!!

Stand your ground about how overrated BI is. That was your claim for a year and a half after we acquired him.

Remember, Kuzma > BI, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    No...No...No!!!

Stand your ground about how overrated BI is. That was your claim for a year and a half after we acquired him.

Remember, Kuzma > BI, huh?
    You're a better villain than what ever Marvel Phase 4 is attempting to cook up

You're a better villain than what ever Marvel Phase 4 is attempting to cook up
    Just trying to keep in real.

Just trying to keep in real.
    I'd call it trolling to be honest

One soft man's troll is another honest man's truth.

I mean, it's blatant trolling. Just ignore him - that's what I do. Absolutely not worth anyone's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I mean, it's blatant trolling. Just ignore him - that's what I do. Absolutely not worth anyone's time.
    Can you deny anything I have written, dae? Am I telling lies about you? If I am, I assure you I am heartfully sorry.

If not, you can call me names all you want (I have NEVER called you a name); I will remind you (and everybody else) of what you really said about the young man.

Can you deny anything I have written, dae? Am I telling lies about you? If I am, I assure you I am heartfully sorry.

If not, you can call me names all you want (I have NEVER called you a name); I will remind you (and everybody else) of what you really said about the young man.
    I think the dangerous precedent you are setting here is that

A) nobody should have a strong negative opinion of a player

B) you can’t change your mind with new information

I don’t see the value in calling people out time and time again on old opinions that they may not hold any more. I think it’s fine to ask if they still feel that way and if they do ask why. If they don’t, move on. This need to continually remind people of their past errors is what is at the core of cancel culture and my guess is that you lean right, and I would bet you hate cancel culture

Nobody is going to be right all the time. But for this board to be interesting, people have to be able to share their true thoughts and also be free to change their mind with new info. Do what you want, but I think that tactic is exactly what is at the core of almost all of this country’s problems. Causes insane polarization
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I think the dangerous precedent you are setting here is that

A) nobody should have a strong negative opinion of a player

B) you can’t change your mind with new information

I don’t see the value in calling people out time and time again on old opinions that they may not hold any more. I think it’s fine to ask if they still feel that way and if they do ask why. If they don’t, move on. This need to continually remind people of their past errors is what is at the core of cancel culture and my guess is that you lean right, and I would bet you hate cancel culture

Nobody is going to be right all the time. But for this board to be interesting, people have to be able to share their true thoughts and also be free to change their mind with new info. Do what you want, but I think that tactic is exactly what is at the core of almost all of this country’s problems. Causes insane polarization
    He knows. I was strongly against Ingram when he was on the Lakers, and I didn't think it likely he improved. He came to the Pelicans, he massively improved in almost every category, and I said I was wrong and that I was happy to have been wrong.

He doesn't care. He's in it for the troll, not for the discussion. He has literally been doing this for years at this point, despite me having changed my mind about Ingram after his first season in New Orleans. It doesn't matter to him that I have happily changed my view on Ingram and think of him as a great player these days - acknowledging that I've changed my mind and shutting up about it would simply be a reason for him to stop trolling, and since that's his number one priority, he has spent literally years at this point ignoring that information at every possible turn.

It doesn't matter if I respond to him or not - he will appear in threads and reply to me trolling about the opinion I had of Brandon Ingram over 3 years ago. If there was any reasonable moderation on this site, he'd have been banned for harassment at this point

Thread Information