Pelicans Report

Page 34 of 55 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022-23 Offseason Thread

https://twitter.com/r0bato/status/15...p4JNm7AW1TtBbw

So... "Try to get KD to NOLA"... He doesn't have a "no trade" clause or kicker... So why...

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    What if KD did like the Pels?
    Didn't Windy say they're trying to use Willie Green to convince him tho

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    MM already said Griff isn’t doing it. This is clearly fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Absolutely terrifying. I want nothing to do with a basketball player that is happy to quit on a team and then is boring as heck.
    My problem too is the last two teams he picked were his top choices and he left.

Brooklyn is a mess right now but a lot of that is from Kyrie/KD's shenanigans. Brooklyn did all the stuff those two asked for and it blew up in their faces.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfox View Post
    Didn't Windy say they're trying to use Willie Green to convince him tho
    Look, I am not gonna say any more. Everything will happen or not happen over the next few days. Just enjoy or be afraid, or whatever you want to feel about everything as it leaks out. I just see it all as - whatever happens is amazing compared to when this team was 3-16 and Zions camp was ghosting them (contrary to what they are saying now). Zion or KD and Daniels will be added to a really fun team with a great leader as coach. It’s all gravy either way
    @mcnamara247

I don’t understand the “Durant won’t be here long” argument against the trade. Like Zion is a guarantee to stay for a long time

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfox View Post
    My problem too is the last two teams he picked were his top choices and he left.

Brooklyn is a mess right now but a lot of that is from Kyrie/KD's shenanigans. Brooklyn did all the stuff those two asked for and it blew up in their faces.
    Kevin Durant walked away from a chance at a 3-peat because the situation wasn't just perfect for him. Then he goes to Brooklyn, as you say, a huge part of the problems they've had there have been due to KD and Kyrie's actions - and keep in mind that Brooklyn only went so hard for Kyrie because KD was a package deal with him - and now things aren't perfect for him there either and he's walking away.

No reason why anyone believes that he wouldn't do the same here if things aren't perfect. Even if you fully believe that he wants to be here, the only response can be; well, he wanted to be in Brooklyn too. And Golden State. Didn't stop him doing it there.
    Basketball.

To me, KD hasn't been KD since before that GSW injury. He shows some flashes of his old self, but he just ain't the same player his clout led to you believe that he is...

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    To me, KD hasn't been KD since before that GSW injury. He shows some flashes of his old self, but he just ain't the same player his clout led to you believe that he is...
    He was still a top 10 player last year, but he isn't a top 3 player anymore quite visibly. He is no longer a guy that you can rely on to just power roleplayers to playoff wins. He's also going to miss about 20-30 games a year for the rest of his career, for rest, 'load-management', and lingering injuries.

Think we can get Kyrie in the KD trade? Let's go big AND go home!!

Quote Originally Posted by coreylaron View Post
    I don’t understand the “Durant won’t be here long” argument against the trade. Like Zion is a guarantee to stay for a long time
    It is not just about being here long term, almost everything they are saying about KD applies to Zion except you know KD is a proven all-time great

And blaming KD for what Kyrie does without again acknowledging the entire past year and even instances before that with Zion is so dishonest

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    He was still a top 10 player last year, but he isn't a top 3 player anymore quite visibly. He is no longer a guy that you can rely on to just power roleplayers to playoff wins. He's also going to miss about 20-30 games a year for the rest of his career, for rest, 'load-management', and lingering injuries.
    This is exactly what I mean. Perfect elaboration. The decline for last year was pretty apparent and he got injured again. So, he'll probably decline more next season.

He played himself into the ground last season too. I get that KDs game is about his elite shooting, IQ, and length. But his body been giving out on him for the better part of the last ten years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    It is not just about being here long term, almost everything they are saying about KD applies to Zion except you know KD is a proven all-time great
    So true Zion injury history terrifies me because his game is his athleticism I'm just how we can get a few healthy years out of him. KD will always be 7ft with one of the smoothest jumpers of all time. Plus I feel he would help BI reach a new level (I will call that level BI Beast lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    This is exactly what I mean. Perfect elaboration. The decline for last year was pretty apparent and he got injured again. So, he'll probably decline more next season.

He played himself into the ground last season too. I get that KDs game is about his elite shooting, IQ, and length. But his body been giving out on him for the better part of the last ten years.
    For real. When KD is healthy and playing, he is one of the best players of all time and even at the age of 34 post injury, he's still an all-NBA calibre guy. That has to be lauded, and nobody can deny that he's getting his jersey retired for two different franchises and has earned that respect. No question. His legacy is cemented. But that doesn't mean that he's going to last forever, and it doesn't mean that you can just assume that he's good value on a 4 year deal when he's visibly declining year on year at the moment. The final two years of his deal $49m and $53m respectively; does anything think 38 year old Durant is going to be worth even close to $53m?

Again, and I've said this before so I think I'm consistent in my position: if you think trading for Durant guarantees a ring, and you would rather just get a ring and then get back to rebuilding again (because no matter what anyone says, a Durant trade will cost you your firstborn) that's fine, your preference is what it is and I get that. But we can't pretend that there's real longevity in the move.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans_fan_504 View Post
    So true Zion injury history terrifies me because his game is his athleticism I'm just how we can get a few healthy years out of him. KD will always be 7ft with one of the smoothest jumpers of all time. Plus I feel he would help BI reach a new level (I will call that level BI Beast lol)
    Always confuses me when people say Zions game is his athleticism when it is, and always has been, his otherworldly touch. Even in the NBA, he dunks and goes sky high far more rarely than people seem to realise. He's all footwork and finesse at the rim.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Always confuses me when people say Zions game is his athleticism when it is, and always has been, his otherworldly touch. Even in the NBA, he dunks and goes sky high far more rarely than people seem to realise. He's all footwork and finesse at the rim.
    That touch only matters because his athleticism allows him to get to the rim/create angles. If he isnt able to explode or hang in the air, etc, then the touch dont matter because its getting sent back to his face

Fat Jordan is zions nickname from me

So John Butler is on the Pels summer league (7 foot, skinny, shoots 3's).

We already got our KD.

That touch only matters because his athleticism allows him to get to the rim/create angles. If he isnt able to explode or hang in the air, etc, then the touch dont matter because its getting sent back to his face
    I'd argue his strength does that far more than his burst or explosion

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    So John Butler is on the Pels summer league (7 foot, skinny, shoots 3's).

We already got our KD.
    I was waiting for this comment, here it is lol
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Look, I am not gonna say any more. Everything will happen or not happen over the next few days. Just enjoy or be afraid, or whatever you want to feel about everything as it leaks out. I just see it all as - whatever happens is amazing compared to when this team was 3-16 and Zions camp was ghosting them (contrary to what they are saying now). Zion or KD and Daniels will be added to a really fun team with a great leader as coach. It’s all gravy either way
    You think this gets done over the next few days, I hope so but wouldn't be surprised if it is dragged out until Vegas Summer League.

I think it all comes down to how quickly the Nets are willing to get to talking realistic trades. If they are really thinking “two all stars” or an all star and a young stud, etc, then a deal won’t get done. There are almost no teams that can give that up and still be competitive. And honestly, what’s their rush?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I don’t think the Pels and Zion are going to wait indefinitely to execute his extension. Once Zion signs, the Nets lose some leverage because they lose a potential trade partner.

Thread Information