Pelicans Report

Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 43 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022-23 Offseason Thread

In unrelated news, Darius Garland now has a contract with the Cavs larger than any single deal Lebron ever got from them
    Basketball.

If Nets were willing to do that he 5 for 1 (no or minimum picks) AND Mrs Benson gave the thumbs up to be an aggressive tax team, I think Pels would pull the trigger today. Then, use tax MLE on Warren and grab guys like Jeremy Lamb with BAEs or mins. Team would be freaking loaded. But need Nets to take just that and need Mrs Benson to give that commitment. I think the latter is more likely than the former and the Pels can’t just wait on the Nets forever. But Nets say yes to that today, KD is a Pel IMO
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    If you guys only knew....

Both of those hypothesis are false. But I will wait for someone you personally trust more to tell you that and then see your reaction
    This is terrifying
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    This is terrifying
    Absolutely terrifying. I want nothing to do with a basketball player that is happy to quit on a team and then is boring as heck.

Just hoping that when Griff - who we all know is full of hot air - said that he was miserable selling out the future to go all-out for chips every year under an aging superstar and wouldn't want to do it again, he was telling the truth.

I don’t get how this is all in

Herb
    Trey
    Daniels
    Alvarado
    EJ
    Bucks picks
    Lakers picks
    Own picks

Not to mention mid 20s BI

Even if you make this trade, how many teams have more good young players, good future assets?

It ain’t gonna happen because the Nets have painted themselves into this corner of needing a massive haul

Trade Idea

They saw that terrible Rudy trade and that royally ********ed up this whole trade, man.

Hot take: KD will decline and Zion and BI will continue to ascend and the paths will cross at some point in 2023 - 2024.

So no way do I make a trade involving them.

But yeah, if a trade happened, I'd moan for a day but still be on board the bandwagon going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

In unrelated news, Darius Garland now has a contract with the Cavs larger than any single deal Lebron ever got from them
    Inflation.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Might as well suit up Willie green and bring back Mashburn and PJ Brown, if we are going to trade for guys that will need 20 games of vet rest minimum.

It’s logical to be against the trade. The hyperbole and straw man’s and exaggeration in some of these responses…. I could see why Shamit is going off on Twitter lol

It’s logical to be against the trade. The hyperbole and straw man’s and exaggeration in some of these responses…. I could see why Shamit is going off on Twitter lol
    The logical response would be that the team is young, fun, and is being built to achieve sustainable success. Breaking that up wouldn’t be ideal to someone that enjoys a teams growth. But, if you want a quick chance at making the playoffs again, trade for KD. I, personally, like Zion more as a player.

Now, if we had Ja I might be as mad as some of you are for it being suggested. I just don’t like Zion much. Some of you probably love him. So I get it from that angle. I am just not a fan of the dude. I would honestly be way more upset if he was kept and like Herb and Daniels went out

MM you think we can win a championship with KD? I don't.

Off topic...WNBA quality has improved so much the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Might as well suit up Willie green and bring back Mashburn and PJ Brown, if we are going to trade for guys that will need 20 games of vet rest minimum.
    Yea this team is not use to having players miss games since we have the Iron man Zion who is never out. Some of yall are being ridiculous acting like we can't lose Zion for fricking KD. If the Nets would accept the offer MM mentioned I'm driving Zion to Brooklyn my self. Four months ago a lot of y'all was ready to run Zion off because of his attitude and always being injured. We are signing Zion because we have to because where a small market and can't afford to lose him. But if I'm being honest I don't like our chances of Zion staying healthy for a extended period of time. So yes give me KD for the package MM mentioned but from the looks of it the Nets want a unrealistic haul that I would not be willing to give up.
    Last edited by Pelicans_fan_504; 07-02-2022 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    MM you think we can win a championship with KD? I don't.
    I think they could win one with KD AND an aggressive tax paying mentality. Like, use MLE every year, trade for another guy at the deadline every year with a future 1st if an opportunity arises, etc.

If you add KD and money was no object Warriors style or even Gilbert Cavs style, yeah they could win one. And wouldn’t that all be worth it? Just to tell me I was wrong again!!

Now, if we had Ja I might be as mad as some of you are for it being suggested. I just don’t like Zion much. Some of you probably love him. So I get it from that angle. I am just not a fan of the dude. I would honestly be way more upset if he was kept and like Herb and Daniels went out
    Why you not a fan of his again? I completely forgot. I'm guessing something due to his ceiling and offensive sustainability being kind of ridiculous to maintain with a 60% FG while being a square peg in round hole to manage on defensive assignments?

MM, what is our best offer so far for Durant?

Have no idea and anybody who tells you they know the exact discussions is lying

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Why you not a fan of his again? I completely forgot. I'm guessing something due to his ceiling and offensive sustainability being kind of ridiculous to maintain with a 60% FG while being a square peg in round hole to manage on defensive assignments?
    Because he cares as much as any player ever. That’s all I need. Why I loved CP3 too. Basketball talent is a bonus for me. I don’t care about stats and all that other fluff. Guy who cares like that — all I want
    Last edited by MichaelMcNamara; 07-02-2022 at 12:40 PM.

People keep saying they’re re tired of the drama (like KD Twitter spats are real drama ) as if this entire past year wasn’t Zion drama lmaoooo

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    People have been abused by this franchise for so long that they can no longer trust a situation to be good, even if it looks good. Something else must be better. Something secretly must be wrong. So we better change it all now before we get hurt: this team can't fire us if we quit.
    And you really don’t think this isn’t you completely dismissing the other side? Lol

Because he cares as much as any player ever. That’s all I need. Why I loved CP3 too. Basketball talent is a bonus for me. I don’t care about stats and all that other fluff. Guy who cares like that — all I want
    Ja's relationship with Memphis is really cool. I don't think he's ever acted like it was beneath him.

I can see why his teammates love him so much.

Thread Information