Pelicans Report

Page 32 of 55 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022-23 Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    The fans are probably the only ones entertaining this.
    They are. Griff ain't and KD would protest a trade here.

Plus lots of us don't want him now anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    People have been abused by this franchise for so long that they can no longer trust a situation to be good, even if it looks good. Something else must be better. Something secretly must be wrong. So we better change it all now before we get hurt: this team can't fire us if we quit.
    If this was trading Zion for some solid vet, I could see this argument holding up. But we are talking KD. Again, I legit ask - If KD was here and this team was set up to go into the season with CJ-BI-Herb-KD-Jonas plus all the other young dudes, and there was some rumor floating around that the Nets wanted to win now and were willing to trade Zion for KD, how would this board feel? I would bet anything that in that reality, 90 percent of the posters would say GTFOH!

And all the things would still be true. You would be building a longer runway, matching up timelines, etc. But that reality would have posters saying "we already have enough young dudes with Trey and Herb and Jose and EJ and Daniels, why do we need another one? When KD is gone, we are still gonna be fine with BI in his prime and all our young guys being much better. Not to mention we still have those Lakers picks to go get more young dudes. F this Zion trade mess. Lets go win a title baws!!

(This is actually an exact post from that alternative reality board. I can multiverse hop like the girl from Dr. Strange)
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    They are. Griff ain't and KD would protest a trade here.

Plus lots of us don't want him now anyway.
    What if KD did like the Pels?
    Last edited by MichaelMcNamara; 07-02-2022 at 12:45 PM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I’m saying don’t do it, but if we do, then I’ll adapt to the reality laid before us.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I’m saying don’t do it, but if we do, then I’ll adapt to the reality laid before us.
    And least your are honest about it. Lol

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    If course I’d adapt. I’ll watch one Kevin Durant 2021 highlight reel and be bouncing off the ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Thank you! This is the approach here. Some healthy detachment when following sports is important.

Ingram with KD would be really interesting as a mentor-mentee. They would be unstoppable.

So Mitchell can't be traded to Nets, with Simmons still on Nets (can't have 2 max rookie-extension players that were traded for).
    Last edited by Rheem654; 07-02-2022 at 10:47 AM.

Twitter handle is from someone that is supposedly a Suns insider. Interesting to say the least. Guess we’ll see how this Durant saga unfolds.

Nothing more than case of when ANY name is available...lets go get that guy.

Lots of "fans" simply won't be happy until the starting 5 is Lebron, KD, Kyrie, Giannis, and 2000 Shaq.

Then turn around and give Laker fans flack since they outwardly do this every year.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    If you guys only knew....

Both of those hypothesis are false. But I will wait for someone you personally trust more to tell you that and then see your reaction
    This is why I’m petrified!

There is nothing to be scared of. Zion wants to play in NOLA. KD wants to play in NOLA. That’s a good problem to have. It will most likely be Zion and that’s cool. But acting like this is some terrible dilemma is what has me confusing. It’s entertainment and either way you are gonna be adding a highly entertaining player this summer to what was already a highly entertaining team

After reading trough this thread i think we are again overrrating this team quite a lot. West is ********ing loaded next year.
    Warriors
    Suns
    Clippers
    Nuggets
    Mavericks
    Grizzlies
    Timberwolves

That is 7 playoff teams without including Lakers and Blazers, and without including possibility that Durant joins one of West teams.

Lets say we are the 8 team with those 7 listed (currently i see us in 5-8 range). Do You realy think we can get out of 1st round? I dont see it if everyone is healthy of course(and this is a good option for us, since we have a bigest questionmark regarding injuries).

If you want us to not trade for KD(which is majority of opininons), they you need to be realistic and let this team grow a little bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    There is nothing to be scared of. Zion wants to play in NOLA. KD wants to play in NOLA. That’s a good problem to have. It will most likely be Zion and that’s cool. But acting like this is some terrible dilemma is what has me confusing. It’s entertainment and either way you are gonna be adding a highly entertaining player this summer to what was already a highly entertaining team
    I mean, that's a matter of taste. Despite acknowledging that he's an all-time megastar, I've never found KD that interesting to watch. Maybe even because he's so good but also so perimeter oriented, and score first. My personal taste is just that I prefer impressive stuff at the rim and passing to be the most entertaining parts of basketball and Durant isn't particularly noteworthy for either.

That said, of course if we traded for Durant, I'm not acting like it's the end of the world. The team would still be good at least in the short term and it's not like I'd stop rooting for the franchise. It would just not be the route I would want to take, for a number of reasons. That's where I'm at with it. Just tired of the drama and it's only been about 2 days.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrakar View Post
    After reading trough this thread i think we are again overrrating this team quite a lot. West is ********ing loaded next year.
    Warriors
    Suns
    Clippers
    Nuggets
    Mavericks
    Grizzlies
    Timberwolves

That is 7 playoff teams without including Lakers and Blazers, and without including possibility that Durant joins one of West teams.

Lets say we are the 8 team with those 7 listed (currently i see us in 5-8 range). Do You realy think we can get out of 1st round? I dont see it if everyone is healthy of course(and this is a good option for us, since we have a bigest questionmark regarding injuries).

If you want us to not trade for KD(which is majority of opininons), they you need to be realistic and let this team grow a little bit more.
    Depends entirely on the matchup. I'd be fairly confident in us having the advantage over the Wolves, Nuggets, and Mavs, for example. Much more sceptical about us winning over Clippers or Suns. But then, if we're assuming health, we damn near took Phoenix to 7 last season so it's not like it would be out of the question for us to manage to win if CJ doesn't go to garbage again and Zion is playing.

I?ll say it, I would do whatever it takes to land KD. Trade them either Zion or BI, trade them the Lakers picks, trade them Herb or Trigga Trey. Do what it takes. While you get the Superstar drama, you also get the Superstar calls. With him you get credibility as an organization where players want to join you in order to ring chase. That hasn?t happened here before, and I wouldn?t be opposed to it happening now.

If KD is one and done, so be it. We have the depth in place for this to be a Kawhi Raptors situation.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I'm not so sure it's a sign of anything but I hope it is. Get this over with, I'm exhausted by it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

I'm not so sure it's a sign of anything but I hope it is. Get this over with, I'm exhausted by it already.
    Heard someone on NBA radio saying that this might just be a play by KD and Kyrie to get Marks and Nash fired. That’s certainly a take, but this move leads me to believe that won’t happen, and the Nets are prepping to trade KD and get back the haul they want.

The good thing about making a trade in the off-season is that both teams don’t have to be at or under 15 players once the trade is done. Some team do a 5 for 1 trade for KD and the Nets can figure it out as the off-season goes on. That isn’t possible in February

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Heard someone on NBA radio saying that this might just be a play by KD and Kyrie to get Marks and Nash fired. That’s certainly a take, but this move leads me to believe that won’t happen, and the Nets are prepping to trade KD and get back the haul they want.
    That would surprise me a little - though if it was the case, all it would do is give a very definitive reason as to why nobody should want to acquire either KD or Kyrie - so I think it's more likely that i's a roster clearing move in prep. But I don't think that necessarily means a deal is done, just that they're getting ready for different options.

I have a horrid feeling that, like the Kawhi FA a few years ago, this is going to last absurdly longer than anyone wants.

Moves beginning to shift

I tell you what I *would* like - though of course I don't think it's going to happen, not even a little bit - is if we could scoop up Bridges as a 3rd or 4th team in exchange for a pick or something.

That's not going to happen and I don't even know why other teams would choose us if they needed additional help, but I do like Bridges.

Thread Information