Pelicans Report

Page 30 of 55 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022-23 Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Their depth is really bad. Almost non-existent.
    Oh yeah, and Gobert still is going to have trouble in the playoffs. But it will still be weird and probably sometimes fun if they can work it. I don't think it's a path towards really competing for deep playoff runs but I respect the attempt.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Danny Ainge is going to ''almost'' do something with these new picks so many times, it's going to be very funny
    Look what he's built though

A serious ********ing team

https://twitter.com/Gambo987/status/...1_c10&ref_url=

Okay... Maybe Utah is going through a retool.

Utah interested in Ayton.

Minnesota is so stupid. 5 1st round picks.... Wow

I really hope we just sit firm and watch the entire NBA run around doing weird moves. Gobert to Minnesota? Murray to ATL? Sure, why not. Let's send Ayton to Utah, put Mitchell in Brooklyn, get Durant somehow in Charlotte, who cares it's funny

Utah has 6 1st round pick. If they do try to trade Mitchell. They'll be so overburdened with picks that this is absurd.

I really hope we just sit firm and watch the entire NBA run around doing weird moves. Gobert to Minnesota? Murray to ATL? Sure, why not. Let's send Ayton to Utah, put Mitchell in Brooklyn, get Durant somehow in Charlotte, who cares it's funny
    The current NBA is the latter day re-arranging deck chairs on the Titanic

Utah has 6 1st round pick. If they do try to trade Mitchell. They'll be so overburdened with picks that this is absurd.
    Utah turns into OKC. Three years of just doing weird tanking and collecting draft picks

It doesn''t not make sense. KAT's biggest problem has always been his poor defense. Gobert gives him a huge amount of relief in that. Gobert's biggest problem is that he has zero offense outside of about 6 feet of the rim, and KAT may be the best shooting big man of all time and if not, he's top 3. So that creates a ton of space.

Honestly the cost is pretty significant but I don't hate it at all for Minnesota. They're making some moves this year.

Jazz, on the other hand, have shifted Gobert and O'Neale, and are getting a bevy of picks back. They're going to be worse, no doubt in my mind. Do they finish the job and shift Mitchell to Miami, where he's been rumoured to go?
    They're going to have problems with teams with a lot of three point shooting. With us though, this lineup may be be a challenge. We don't have the three point shooting to necessarily make them pay for going with two bigs, and the length will probably bother Zion a good bit. It will also force Zion on Kat a lot, a matchup I'm not sure I'm crazy about. I wonder if they did this move with use in mind?

I can them cashing out Mitchell. Flipping those picks to Ayton and another rising star.... Murray?

Ooooooof, unprotected

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    They're going to have problems with teams with a lot of three point shooting. With us though, this lineup may be be a challenge. We don't have the three point shooting to necessarily make them pay for going with two bigs, and the length will probably bother Zion a good bit. It will also force Zion on Kat a lot, a matchup I'm not sure I'm crazy about. I wonder if they did this move with use in mind?
    I can't really say for sure but I do not think they are making movies specifically with countering the Pelicans in mind.

I don't think it will make a big difference though. Zion shreds Gobert - has done since his first pre-season, and they have zero wing depth to stop people getting right to the rack. Gobert's going to be overburdened.

Ooooooof, unprotected
    Minnesota's D&D character must have his aggression set to 10.lmao. Probably a barbarian

Oh Murray already got traded. Wild

Ooooooof, unprotected
    We are in the age of pushing all the chips into the middle

Oh Murray already got traded. Wild
    Spurs' Murray? That was like 40 days ago

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    With a core of Anthony Edwards, DeAngelo Williams, KAT, Rudy Gobert, and Kyle Anderson.

Yikes.Such a streaky core

That is an absolutely awful trade for Minnesota. All those unprotected picks plus giving up good role guys like Vanderbilt and Beasley.

Gobert aint worth all that and this doesn't make Minnesota a certified top 4 team.

I just hope Griff stays firm and holds on to the Pels assets for now.

Just an obscene amount of assets for a non superstarish wing

If Minnesota was going to trade 5 picks and a swap. Wouldn't KD been a better deal? KD doesn't have a no trade clause or kicker.

Just an obscene amount of assets for a non superstarish wing
    ...wing?

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    I'm cool with sitting out free agency this year, besides getting rid of Graham and Temple.

I like our squad, and think the 3% will go up to a respectable level with Zion back to draw double teams.

No more one trick pony JJ Reddick, Devonte Graham.types.please.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    ...wing?
    I think he meant that you don't give up that much unless.its.a.superstar wing. A center ain't worth that.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Lol yeah Shamit is on a high horse for sure.
    He spends a lot of time up there.

Thread Information