Pelicans Report

Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022-23 Offseason Thread

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Oh my god Drummond is so damn cheap
    I mean he gets owned by people like Jahlil Okafor man.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    Old, short, fat, plays no defense. And he still didn't want to come here because we were so bad. Thank god.
    I'm glad that we don't have to depend on Griff to make terrible FA or trade decisions anymore. It was throwing darts blindfold for a hot minute.

The whole trade BI for KD is really weird.

Like how many years do we expect KD to be a better player than BI? Probably Two Max. So silly.

Ibaka might be the only one worth checking into.

Ibetcha he is

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post

Like how many years do we expect KD to be a better player than BI? Probably Two Max. So silly.

look at it like this...you have to give the nets a star back in return so the talking heads think ingram is the better star i guess......

i hope we make one small move and get ready for the season.....im praying that we stick with our group....

I can't understand any trade that wants to send any major pieces out. Durant is better than Ingram today but yeah I agree, that won't last too much longer, and Durant is an injury risk at the moment. Trading Zion doesn't really make sense either because although he's also had injury problems, if he works out he's a decade of dominant play in the NBA and Durant is very probably on his last impactful contract (it takes him until his age 38 season).

Now, no Durant trade is going to happen without either Zion or Ingram, but the best package we could put together without either of those two - hypothetically, of course, because it wouldn't be accepted - would include basically every single good thing about this team other than them. Herb, Trey, JV, every pick and every swap from our own stuff, the remaining Lakers picks, the Bucks haul: all of it. Which would mean, basically, that our entire future is completely nuked. And some people say it's worth it because Durant guarantees you a title: does he? He got swept out of the first round in the East this year.

Sure, we'd have more high end talent in the form of Zion and BI, but does that guarantee a title in the West? No! It's selling off the next decade for at best a coinflip chance at a title.

I would hate it. Sure, I'd appreciate the ring, if it came, but the people who want the Durant trade have very little sense of delayed gratification imo. They want it all and they want it now and they don't care if it's going to make them sad for the next 8 years afterwards.
    Basketball.

I can't understand any trade that wants to send any major pieces out. Durant is better than Ingram today but yeah I agree, that won't last too much longer, and Durant is an injury risk at the moment. Trading Zion doesn't really make sense either because although he's also had injury problems, if he works out he's a decade of dominant play in the NBA and Durant is very probably on his last impactful contract (it takes him until his age 38 season).

Now, no Durant trade is going to happen without either Zion or Ingram, but the best package we could put together without either of those two - hypothetically, of course, because it wouldn't be accepted - would include basically every single good thing about this team other than them. Herb, Trey, JV, every pick and every swap from our own stuff, the remaining Lakers picks, the Bucks haul: all of it. Which would mean, basically, that our entire future is completely nuked. And some people say it's worth it because Durant guarantees you a title: does he? He got swept out of the first round in the East this year.

Sure, we'd have more high end talent in the form of Zion and BI, but does that guarantee a title in the West? No! It's selling off the next decade for at best a coinflip chance at a title.

I would hate it. Sure, I'd appreciate the ring, if it came, but the people who want the Durant trade have very little sense of delayed gratification imo. They want it all and they want it now and they don't care if it's going to make them sad for the next 8 years afterwards.
    The only exciting for me in this KD trade is to sneak in a Graham salary dump at the cost of a 2nd round pick. Maybe get something back would be a huge win.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Ibaka might be the only one worth checking into.
    Actually, I think the guy worth checking out on that list is Jalen Smith, especially if we aren't keeping Jaxon around. Still only 22, he's 6'10" with 7ft+ reach. He looked like a different guy on the Pacers after Phoenix gave up on him. Small sample size, but his 3-point percentage was above 37% and he gave Indy over 13 points and 7 rebounds a game on about 25 minutes a night off the bench. Don't have any idea what the market on him is, but of course Willie should have a good feel for him having coached him on the Suns. He could be a good upside play at a good price if we create some roster room...

Honestly.... Can Mirotic come back... Not the Dollar General version we got to replace him....

So why would the TWolves trade for Gobert? Looks like KAT is gonna play the 4 then.

Last edited by DroopyDawg; 07-01-2022 at 02:47 PM.

Basketball Guru
    So why would the TWolves trade for Gobert? Looks like KAT is gonna play the 4 then.
    they going with the twin towers....dont think it will work...kat won the 3pt shooting contest and now with gobert he will go for the nba 3pt title...

It doesn''t not make sense. KAT's biggest problem has always been his poor defense. Gobert gives him a huge amount of relief in that. Gobert's biggest problem is that he has zero offense outside of about 6 feet of the rim, and KAT may be the best shooting big man of all time and if not, he's top 3. So that creates a ton of space.

Honestly the cost is pretty significant but I don't hate it at all for Minnesota. They're making some moves this year.

Jazz, on the other hand, have shifted Gobert and O'Neale, and are getting a bevy of picks back. They're going to be worse, no doubt in my mind. Do they finish the job and shift Mitchell to Miami, where he's been rumoured to go?

Woj follow up tweet: 4 FRPs! Wow!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I'll just say one thing about Durant. Think of having sex with the hottest girl in the world but you know she has an STD.

We thought Windhorst was just being overdramatic on First Take, but it turns out he was actually just speaking like that because he was channeling the Oracle of Delphi

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    I'll just say one thing about Durant. Think of having sex with the hottest girl in the world but you know she has an STD.
    Why we gotta degrade women to get the point across... They haven't been going through best waves at the moment. Especially, after what Miles Bridges just did to his wife. Tone deaf statement.

I actually love a front court of KAT and Gobert

Love love love it

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I actually love a front court of KAT and Gobert

Love love love it
    It's a really tall starting 5.

It's a really tall starting 5.
    I don't really know how good the Wolves will be - though I can imagine worlds where they are good - but they're going to be interesting for sure and at least they're going for it. Not sitting on their hands to wallow; getting great players is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    STDs are only dangerous to women because of the infertility implications

Guys can get meds and be fine

I don't really know how good the Wolves will be - though I can imagine worlds where they are good - but they're going to be interesting for sure and at least they're going for it. Not sitting on their hands to wallow; getting great players is hard.
    Their depth is really bad. Almost non-existent.

Danny Ainge is going to ''almost'' do something with these new picks so many times, it's going to be very funny

Thread Information