Pelicans Report

Page 28 of 55 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 38 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022-23 Offseason Thread

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Wait Christian Clark was wrong?
    Pelicans/Hornets coverage by the Times Pic used to be terrible. It's so much better now.

To be fair, Clark said it might not get done quickly. All the other extensions were done at 12:01 and some were announced earlier in the day. They're still negotiating parts of the deal according to Shams. Not sure how this is a dunk on Clark.

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Pelicans/Hornets coverage by the Times Pic used to be terrible. It's so much better now.

To be fair, Clark said it might not get done quickly. All the other extensions were done at 12:01 and some were announced earlier in the day. They're still negotiating parts of the deal according to Shams. Not sure how this is a dunk on Clark.
    Clark will be dunked on if the deal is finalized today. His article implied it would take days. And everyone hates Clark because of the piano article.

I wouldn't want that guy's job. His life depends on clicks. He's gotta stir up drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Still do not understand any of the hype around Wiseman. He wasn't good before college, he wasn't good in the very few college games he had, and he wasn't good in the 39 games he played his rookie year, and now he's missed a whole season. I get liking Moody and Kuminga, I see the appeal there, but other than the fact that he's tall I just don't understand why people talk about Wiseman as if he's this big factor. He's at least 2 years away from being 2 years away, and the kind of issues he has are ones that sometimes never just get fixed.
    I think you get a bit too hyper fixated on the past. He already got drafted. It is what it is. I didn't like him as much as you did,but the draft is over with and he still closer to being someone unlike Hayes or Poku. Whether you like him or not, he provides pretty valuable depth with upside for a heavy tax team. If all three of their guys blossom into good roleplayers that's a win and probably another championship for the Warriors.

I don't understand being bitter and marrying a take we made two years ago. We said it, we didn't like him and I hope for the best for him. This is me hoping for the best for him. Nothing personal.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post

I'll continue to dunk on Clark until he says a single positive thing about Zion. I think he's been unfairly harsh, and, from the little that I know, flat out wrong about a number of things. I hope as Zion gets back on the court, the tune changes. Until then, I don't think that a media member is outside of criticism about their job because they have chosen to be in the public sphere. When you choose to work publicly, you open yourself up to public criticism.

I like everything Christian has done outside of the Zion stuff. I think his early concerns about Griffin were fair. I think he was overly sensitive about Zion and Zion's camp, though, and a bit unprofessional. That's where I stand

I was around for the Jimmy Smith days. I know how far we've come

Imagine if Griff didn't whiff on Lowry last off season

Phew

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post

Phew
    Never understood the rat race for Lowry. It sounded like a bad idea from the very beginning. Desperation can make you do some terrible decisions. Luckily, we came up short.

John Wall to Clippers official

People still talking about that Suns Pelicans Series.

I will admit... I was thoroughly sports entertained.

Malcolm Brogdon for Theis, Aaron Nesmith, and 2023 1st round pick...

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1...1_c10&ref_url=

Good pickup for the Celts.

Not really sure what Indiana gets out of it. Theis is solid but not really equal value, and the Celts FRP next year won't be worth much.
    Basketball.

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/st...1_c10&ref_url=

Nets vs. Kyrie is on some scorched earth beef

Apparently Nets don't want Ayton. They are looking for 4 1st and 2 pick swaps. Trade will probably be multi team if done

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Apparently Nets don't want Ayton. They are looking for 4 1st and 2 pick swaps. Trade will probably be multi team if done
    They'd probably have people more willing to do so if Durant wasn't 34 and coming off 80 games played in the last 3 years.

Meanwhile, Shamit on twitter basically calling people idiots if they don't want to trade their mother's remaining kidney and their soul for KD

When you need to burn two minutes of air time with hot air. Danny is the CEO of the Jazz. He runs operations. I don't think he'll inhibit his president and GM from running the team how they want to do it. He may guide them, but if you expect a flipping rebuild. I doubt it

Lol yeah Shamit is on a high horse for sure. Usually love the guys takes

They'd probably have people more willing to do so if Durant wasn't 34 and coming off 80 games played in the last 3 years.

Meanwhile, Shamit on twitter basically calling people idiots if they don't want to trade their mother's remaining kidney and their soul for KD
    He was also commander of team Dieng @ 8

He's not very level headed

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Lol yeah Shamit is on a high horse for sure. Usually love the guys takes
    Generally he's good but he's got the bee in the bonnet on this one.

I guess the plan is to get 2 1st for KD and flip Ayton for another 2 1st, but I don't think they'll get pick swaps

Good pickup for the Celts.

Not really sure what Indiana gets out of it. Theis is solid but not really equal value, and the Celts FRP next year won't be worth much.
    All I can think of is that they're desperate to tank for next year's draft class.

Generally he's good but he's got the bee in the bonnet on this one.
    He is kind of scatter brain when he makes takes to be honest. He makes some odd left field takes too.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    When you need to burn two minutes of air time with hot air. Danny is the CEO of the Jazz. He runs operations. I don't think he'll inhibit his president and GM from running the team how they want to do it. He may guide them, but if you expect a flipping rebuild. I doubt it
    He's like a fat Sherlock Holmes.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    He's like a fat Sherlock Holmes.
    And why would Danny Ainge force a rebuild anyway. He's perfectly content with playoff aspiration and sustainable success. He wasted a whole treasure chest in Boston.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post

Phew
    Old, short, fat, plays no defense. And he still didn't want to come here because we were so bad. Thank god.

Thread Information