Pelicans Report

Page 27 of 55 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022-23 Offseason Thread

Decent payday for GPII, well deserved. He's neat. Oof for GSW, they'll miss him
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    If Lakers are the only offer, I dont see the Nets hurry to trade him now. They know that deal will be there in season. Might as well wait, see if other suitors emerge. At least that is how I am hoping they see it.
    Those other suitors will likely prioritise Durant over Kyrie, probably leaving the bottom of the barrell - ie Westbrook - for Kyrie

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Those other suitors will likely prioritise Durant over Kyrie, probably leaving the bottom of the barrell - ie Westbrook - for Kyrie
    There will also be 20+ losers in the Durant sweepstakes. The question is: How many will come for Kyrie? I dont think the Heat will give up Lowry plus stuff for him. I dont think the Nets will trade him across the street to the Knicks. Philly wont have any interest. I think the only other real options are the Clips or the Mavs. Hoping for the Clippers but they dont have any picks they can throw in. Mavs can give back Dinwiddie, who was liked there, but the Lakers probably win out if they give up the picks. Best hope there is Lakers do what they did with Paul George and bid low, figuring "he will just come here for no assets next summer"
    @mcnamara247

I wonder if the Wolves would do it for D-Lo and picks

There will also be 20+ losers in the Durant sweepstakes. The question is: How many will come for Kyrie? I dont think the Heat will give up Lowry plus stuff for him. I dont think the Nets will trade him across the street to the Knicks. Philly wont have any interest. I think the only other real options are the Clips or the Mavs. Hoping for the Clippers but they dont have any picks they can throw in. Mavs can give back Dinwiddie, who was liked there, but the Lakers probably win out if they give up the picks. Best hope there is Lakers do what they did with Paul George and bid low, figuring "he will just come here for no assets next summer"
    I think it's inevitable that Kryie is in Tinseltown by 2023-2024 at the latest. Real chance that their 2022 pick will end up the best of the three (swap and 2025 deferral)

Although they say pick 8 this year is roughly equivalent to 12-14 next year

Wonder if there's any options or protections involved in that.

Either way, I'm happy with it. If he's able to stay even remotely healthy, he'll be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Wonder if there's any options or protections involved in that.

Either way, I'm happy with it. If he's able to stay even remotely healthy, he'll be worth it.
    Yes.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/st...7_OLP-YTEBb3dw

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post

Just to embed. Yep, protections are there

Wait Christian Clark was wrong?

What's year fiveeeeeee

What's year fiveeeeeee
    Full 5, no option.

Season Ticket Holder
    Full 5, no option.
    Are you reporting this? Your sauces tell you?

Full 5, no option.
    Aus_Pel bomb

Haynes Hydrogen Bomb

Not sure how Dae missed this one, who may or may not be Kendall Gill's offspring

Malika Molotov

Malika Molotov

That's a good move for Denver

Warriors are gonna get a lot of good players for the min. Not only can they sell you on getting a ring but they can show you - come here, play well and others will notice and pay you

Warriors are gonna get a lot of good players for the min. Not only can they sell you on getting a ring but they can show you - come here, play well and others will notice and pay you
    They got Moody, Kuminga, and Wiseman waiting in the wings is kind of wild. Then, you got Jordan Poole on that deal too.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    They got Moody, Kuminga, and Wiseman waiting in the wings is kind of wild. Then, you got Jordan Poole on that deal too.
    Still do not understand any of the hype around Wiseman. He wasn't good before college, he wasn't good in the very few college games he had, and he wasn't good in the 39 games he played his rookie year, and now he's missed a whole season. I get liking Moody and Kuminga, I see the appeal there, but other than the fact that he's tall I just don't understand why people talk about Wiseman as if he's this big factor. He's at least 2 years away from being 2 years away, and the kind of issues he has are ones that sometimes never just get fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Still do not understand any of the hype around Wiseman. He wasn't good before college, he wasn't good in the very few college games he had, and he wasn't good in the 39 games he played his rookie year, and now he's missed a whole season. I get liking Moody and Kuminga, I see the appeal there, but other than the fact that he's tall I just don't understand why people talk about Wiseman as if he's this big factor. He's at least 2 years away from being 2 years away, and the kind of issues he has are ones that sometimes never just get fixed.
    History repeats itsef. (See Brandon Ingram)

Thread Information